Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I wanted to shoot myself!!!

on our way to exit on fri, i get into the kid's truck that drove us, and this kid who came with us is sitting in the front. and he's got friggin nyc underground vol. 3 on. the final chapter was on, so it wasnt so bad. but after that i gave him one of my cd's to play, the latest thing that i burned. he listened to half of the first song and then skipped to the next track. then on the next like 3 tracks, he listened to like 20 seconds of it and skipped through them. i was like "wtf r u doin?" and he said he was tryin to find a song that was "almost tolerable to listen to". oh, i was so mad, cuz this cd was all the newest shit out....hard bangin fuckin beats. and he goes and puts fuckin hot 97 on. i was sooo mad. i CANNOT listen to hip hop on my way to a club. i gotta get in the right state of mind and i need my beats.

so my gf is tellin me that they wanna hear shit they know, cuz the people with us arent as into house/trance as i am, or even my gf. so i picked out a cd that a kid i know mixed together. it was alot of older tracks, alot of cheese: sandstorm, over the rainbow, toca's miracle, etc. etc. but i knew they would know this shit, and i could deal with it i guess. so after we listened to a few linkin park songs (which isnt bad, but i dont wanna hear it on my way to a club) he put it in and we heard maybe half the cd.

while we were goin thru the lincoln tunnel he gives me my cd back and puts in one of his: FUCKING NYC UNDERGROUND VOL. 2!!! OMFG!!!!!!!!! at least by this point i was fuckin hammered, so i was in the back seat rockin to Sshhh...Listen and Give Me Tonite (hahaha, i cant beleive it!!!). but from now on, as much as i hate it cuz i always have to do it, im drivin into the city, cuz i cant be listening to nyc underground anymore while we're on our way to see johnny fuckin vicious.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

I'm tellin' you, man. Now you know what i go through with ALL the "clubkids" up here. If it's not on Fly 92's top 30 list, or has been played on MTV, nobody wants to hear it. I remember 2 years back when Ian Van Dahl - Castles in the Sky came out.

I had it playing at a lakefront party up in Lake George and most of the people there went "oh please take this techno shit off this is so lame."

Now that that SAME track has been fed to the mainstream masses on MTV and people associate it with being "Cool" and "progressive", you have no idea how many times i've been asked to spin it at a party. I'm like "omg i'm a house DJ, leave me alone" and they totally don't understand the difference.

keerist, i had requests for Sandstorm and anything by Jonah. I was like "crowd, you are lame."

*end Rant*

reminds me of my dormmates

theres one guy that listens to house, but not as much as i do. anyway, they always tell me to try to "appreciate a wider range of music" and then play their new destiny's child cd through 8 times (i'm not exagerrating!)

they have also turned off the cd player while i have been playing my cds, and then they put on britney spears:eek: :eek: :eek:

:gang::biggun:

some one help me, or at least kill me:blown:

oh well

nick warren + tall paul on friday!

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

reminds me of my dormmates

theres one guy that listens to house, but not as much as i do. anyway, they always tell me to try to "appreciate a wider range of music" and then play their new destiny's child cd through 8 times (i'm not exagerrating!)

they have also turned off the cd player while i have been playing my cds, and then they put on britney spears:eek: :eek: :eek:

:gang::biggun:

some one help me, or at least kill me:blown:

oh well

nick warren + tall paul on friday!

i totally know how you all feel...nyc underground?!?isn't that spun at webster hall??more like nyc overcheez...now lets get to the important stuff...nick warren n tall paul?!?!someone pleez tell me where are they spinnin?!?!