Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What do you think about the new Earth?

Originally posted by djfabioc

Do you think that the partie will stay strong with Junior on saturdays?

NOPE. I GIVE IT A FEW MONTHS, DON'T GET ME WRONG THE PLACE IS NICE BUT I THINK EARTH ON SATURDAY WILL NEVER BE LIKE WHAT IT WAS A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.

WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE!!!

Originally posted by ch0sen0ne

NOPE. I GIVE IT A FEW MONTHS, DON'T GET ME WRONG THE PLACE IS NICE BUT I THINK EARTH ON SATURDAY WILL NEVER BE LIKE WHAT IT WAS A YEAR AND A HALF AGO.

WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE!!!

Unfortunetly it has been kinda empty but, who knows what the future holds?

Too early to tell. Afterhours are great but I'm not surprised the place isn't pulling in people before 5am. That's the nature of Junior's crowd.

All parties need time to build...ESPECIALLY when the venue changes so drastically in terms of the "style" of the party. No doubt Junior won't be drawing the same crowd that Exit Saturday's did with Boris. And imho...that's a good thing for those of us who love Junior's parties. Its a different scene, plane and simple. Trying to draw the same heads just won't work.

-Oo

Originally posted by anthony

I want the afterhours feel again.To be honest I hate that space,too freaking big,takes the afterhours feel away.But I love my Junior!

The cavern is too impersonal and simply not utilized beyond the limited creativity behind the up/down lights. The stage ... well, the stage seems to never have been fully utilized as a stage should be. I'm not presuming that I know exactly what should be done instead, but given the stories and glories I've heard of Palladium, I know that this space is clearly lacking and leaving lots to be desired. Perhaps I expect too much, but having a stage of that size begs for a Production of the likes I saw in South Beach, FL and Washington, D.C.; where costumes, set, and performance were things still considered important and necessary to the night experience.

This is not to take away from Junior's ability to whip up a journey and impress nor to take away from Kevin and her ability to turn anything out regardless of what's available/unavailable. If it weren't for Junior, Kevin, and the faithful, though, the space would be worthless and beyond unimpressive. In light of that, I agree with Ooana in that I am still allowing the party to figure itself out and get comfortable in it's new home. What it will be in a month or two month's time I cannot know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's something impressive.

Regarding the intimate feel of afterhours you expect ... nothing beats SF, the late Twilo, and dearly departed Tunnel. Dark means/t something there ... never have I understood Exit's insistence on having bright white light in the stairwells or anywhere for that matter.

-----

NOTE to Ooana: I will be returning for another tour ... just don't know when. :D

Junior will always draw the croud. IMHO, the problem is that Earth hasn't defined itself as gay or str8 and that freaks both side alike.

I am all for a non defined atmosphere were we can just be ourselves, but that won't happen (unfortunately). Until then, Junior has my vote (at least for the afterhours). And if anyone has any control, PLEASE turn down the lights....:blank:

no it won't..but it was a good try..i went there alot when boris was spinning..and it was pretty good....sometimes lots of girls..boris got alot better the last 1/2 year he was there..nice style banging beats with alot of bass..but it was only good for like 4 or 5 hours then it would die out..the main floor was a ghost town around 6:00..that's what sucked..but we would just goto the factory and hear JP rip it up afterhours...but then we would have to pay two admissions..which sucks..

I think for the earth party to survive you have to pack in early in the night..bring in a top DJ..and then junior after hours like 6:00...

junior does not fit at exit..his parties are promoted for the gay crowd and cause of the size of exit it's too overwhelming for straight people..you can't have a club dead till 6 in the mourning..you have keep it jumping early then kick it up after hours..even if you goto the factory around 3:00 the floor is filled and the place starts to get jumping sometimes...of course after7 the place is insane....with junior spinning it will be gay on saturday's...

it will be hard to fill the club up with all gays..so you have to try and packed it in with half straight and half gay to fill the placeup.with junior spinning i don't see it happening..

Of course you can fill it up if it were marketed gay (or at least gay friendly). Look at Twilo. It was always packed. Granted, it was packed with str8 b4 4am, but then the croud would change for afterhours.

I just think this whole thing with the attacks has everything fucked up.

It will get better.