Clubplanet Nightlife Community

what was your first "trance" experience?

realz

OK then I would consider Future Sound of London my first. I absolutely hated it. I remember I was skimming through some SKATER magazine, and it featured FSOL (had all these trippy images on the tape cover , cd's werent big back then) I remember coughing up $25 for a damn tape because it was a import. Hmm.. I wonder if I can find it now and give it a listen.

But yea..

Paul Van Dyk influenced a lot of people huh???

COME BACK TO NY!!!

first exposed to trance when my brother brought over a german compilation CD from Austria called "Rave Base Phase 9." It had Sonic Empire by Members of Mayday, Cafe Del Mar (Solar Stone remix) by Energy 52, and other stuff that never got popular in the US. But, I think I was listening to a bit of Westbam earlier on. This was back in 95. But as soon as I heard "For An Angel" at Twilo in 98, my life exploded! That's still my all time favorite song!

mike

First dance song that I liked was 2 unlimited - No Limit from back in the early 90s. After I heard that I decided to check out trance and started listening to Astral Projection. I remember at one point Nostrum - Brainchild was my favorite song of all time. Before I really knew what was good or not I remember listening to ATB a lot b/c my friends owned CDs but I never liked that to begin with...too soft. After a while, I finally discovered HARD HOUSE!!! Ahhh...theres nothing better than some hard bangin' beats.