Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Parks & Wilson - So schmooove!

shadygroovedc

Originally posted by vicman

OK Shady, so whats your overall rating of the CD?

Good, Bad, Evil?

Dark, evil. Like it.

Just finished CD 1. Started off really smooth, deep, funky. Peaked about halfway through at that Resistance track, then got real evil real quick, which is the way they finished it off. Kinda like the ol' witch with the gingerbread house. Entice the kids with the sweet goodness, then close the door, shove 'em in the oven, and cook 'em and eat 'em. Or something like that. I don't remember my fairy tales too good.

CD 2's startin' off with an ambient track, but I'm expecting some evil funk very soon. One track of note about halfway through CD 2: Killahurtz - West on 27th (Sleepfreaks East on Lavendar Hill Mix). Can't wait for that one. I'm a huge fan of Sleepfreaks right now after their remix of Greed - Promises.

I think this is my best purchase since I got the bottle of squeezeable grape jelly last week (one of my insanely anal pet peeves is getting a smear of peanut butter in the jelly jar, or vice versa).

:jawdrop:

And here's the remix of West on 27th. Gawdddddaaaaaaamnn! Sleepfreaks rock. They just broke into my top five producers list. I don't know who just dropped out. I'm gonna have to think about the rankings for a bit. But Sleepfreaks is 'da shit!

BTW, did you know Killahurtz wuz Parks & Wilson?

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

:jawdrop:

And here's the remix of West on 27th. Gawdddddaaaaaaamnn! Sleepfreaks rock. They just broke into my top five producers list. I don't know who just dropped out. I'm gonna have to think about the rankings for a bit. But Sleepfreaks is 'da shit!

BTW, did you know Killahurtz wuz Parks & Wilson?

I knew that Mick Park was involved in Killahurtz....so I guess that soiling your pants is the way know whether any CD is Shady-approved...I wonder if that secretly ever happened to Siskel & Ebert when the saw a movie for the first time?

Where did you get the CD at?

:D :D

Originally posted by vicman

I knew that Mick Park was involved in Killahurtz....so I guess that soiling your pants is the way know whether any CD is Shady-approved...I wonder if that secretly ever happened to Siskel & Ebert when the saw a movie for the first time?

Where did you get the CD at?

:D :D

My bad, it's just Mick Parks that's part of Killahurtz (me can't read no good). I never knew that. Or maybe I did at one point, but it surprised me when I read the CD jacket.

I got the CD at Fye Music in Tysons Corner Mall (used to be Record Town, I think).

I rate my CD's on the 'load' scale. As in, how many loads soiling the drawers. On a scale of 10 loads, I'm giving this CD a 9. Just cause the only CD I would consider worthy of nuttin' 10 loads over is Yoshiesque 2. This one's close, but one load shy. I'm washin' the drawers in preparation for the 29th, though. Cause the DD GU may be an 11 loader!

And I'm spent! Whew! That was good.

CD 2 starts off real chill, then builds up to the West on 27th remix, followed by a remix of Breeder's Carnival XIII. Then they drop it back down for the last two songs, letting you catch your breath.

I feel like I've just had a two hour romper room session in the sack! Start off with some teasing funk, followed by some bangin' nastiness, a little rest, pick it back up to a dirty, dirty frenzy, then drop back down and go to sleep.

I'm going downstairs for a smoke. Holy shit. That's one damn good mix!

Originally posted by yellowgirl

Which CD did you purchase....it sounds sweeeeeeeeeeet!!!

Also check out their Essential Mix.....I was only able to find the 1st 75min of that set but it's really good.

-YG

It's their new album. Double CD called 'Painting in Silence'.

I'm definitely looking for their Essential Mix.