Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Will the next mayor let us be???

lexis

totally will.

mark green is an active supporter of ny nightclubs, and bloomberg is a businessman - i don't think he'd try and stifle anything that brings in so much $$$$ into the city.

besides, everyone's got bigger things on their mins and i don' think anyone can argue with some kids trying to blow off some steam.

rob

dialectics is right...the next four years our next mayor will be focusing on different things like rebuilding the city and convincing people to spend money here. I didn't know Green was a supporter of nightclubs but I knew Bloomberg is.

It already seems to be getting better. We've seen more big talent come through here in the past 1.5 months than almost the entire summer. (maybe they come to support NYC? who knows...)

Originally posted by thehacker

correct me if i'm wrong

but wasn't it rudy who brought

back the need for any nightclub

to have a cabaret license in order

to allow dancing?

no....well, not exactly.....

The law (with a rather racist origin) was on the books since I believe the 30's (prohibition era, I know for sure).

Rudy just started to enforce it like there's no tomorrow...

Originally posted by xpander

no....well, not exactly.....

The law (with a rather racist origin) was on the books since I believe the 30's (prohibition era, I know for sure).

Rudy just started to enforce it like there's no tomorrow...

if the racist origins of this law could be revealed

in a public enough manner than the law itself

could be deemed unconstitutional as the original

intent of the law would be discriminatory in nature.

Dialectics hit it right on the nose... there is no way that the new mayor will be the least bit concerned with NY nightlife. There is too much going on in the city, and in our country, for anyone to worry about a bunch of cracked-out kids dancing to loud electronic music. Hopefully, nightlife will be welcomed in NYC due to the amount of money it brings in. Then, who knows what will come out of it (new Twilo??) lol

Yup I think that there are other priorities on the agenda of these politicians now. what harm does a lil old nightclub bring?

Hey if we are all celebrating unity and happiness, Twilo to me was one of the friendliest places on earth!! =) would love to see a rebirth...

yo, heard about Sasha and Digiweed possibly exploring a new residency in NYC...anyone with the 411 on that?

Alyssa