Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Nightclub Positions

mannequin

hey- i'm moving to south beach next week for the modeling season-but am looking for a job as a cocktail waitress or dancer(not stripper) at one of the clubs that i can do on the side due to it's eveing hours it isn't likely it will interfere with work.. Any suggestions?Anyone heard of any clubs that are looking for people?

hmmmmm... a model who is a good dancer. You just jumped to the top of my CP meetup wish list :)

Try Crobar (ask for Dave Silver) or Level, they always need (tall) dancers.

as for a waitress, just about anywhere. If you don't get fucked up at work or steal (too much,) your in.

but I'll bet Kris could answer this one with more authority than I could.

lol! model who can dance?! haha...well, i'm black...so, maybe...? j/k i also have experience in promotions and throwing fashion shows at clubs in chi-town. kennya nd cal ARE the owners of crobar,right? some idiot in miami is trying to tell me otherwise and i'm look-i WAS at kenny's 40th bday last year in chicago and we're all udner the impression there that he's the owner....what do they know...hmm...i migh tbe bale to work that...

HATE THE COLD. so, how's the scene in miami now? there has been a lot of speculation due to tourism after 9-11. i think it'll be good.

mannequin ive come to your UNFORTUNATE news of you seeking a job. So i will do the community a favor when i will have to give you a private meeting to see "your goods".

I know key people in basically all clubs down here getting a job should be a snap.

You just meet me in my "office " at the Executive motel on Okeechobee rd (convinently located by airport) .

For a full screening.:biggrin::love:

Mannequin: Things are tough down here for the industry right now. The major hotels like the Delano, Loews etc... have laid off big time. I spoke to bartender friends this weekend and they are looking for other or additional work. I guess the bottom line is that anything concerning income from tips or directly related to tourism is suffering. Good Luck in the season...

BTW: You from the Chicago?? I'm going in December for the second time,,,,love it, recommend anything besides Crobar?

Originally posted by mannequin

popst script:

SHROOMY: who's Kris?

Kris works at the new Liquid and worked at the former Shadow Lounge, she also works with Drew who has started posting a little on the boards.

And yes Kenny is still one of the (main) owners at Crobar.

and despite what everyone says, once the season comes around and people start comming down, things will get better. Its not that we are recession proof, its just that a lot of the big $$$ folks are going to come down no matter what.

Attomic-

Crobar Chicago is kinda...eh thsese days..but it depends. But these are MT favorites. Also heads up: it gets REAL cold in chicago in the winter and the weather is weird(it was freezing the first weekend in june but the first week of dec in 1998, it was shorts weather,go figure) Alot less peopel club in chicago in the winter. GO in the spring, when things are just warming up or summer and thinsg are great!

Weds: Lava Lounge in Ukranian village for reggae and cool drinks away from yuppies.

Signature Lounge at 9th-John Hancock Tower,Michigan Ave: always a classic. Drink great martinis in one of the sitest most visible and aesthetic buildings, and hear live jazz and great view of the city. Gold coast.

Thursdays:

Souk: Middle eatsren cuisine and cocktaisl in artsy wicker park

Jub Jub CLub: Greta bar and good music in Loncoln Park. Pre club crowd

Harry's Velvet Room:for great drinks and nice decor.

Glow: for silicone people and scandalous times upstairs in the vip

Pure@Redno FIve: brinsg in all the big names

Venue

Friday: Lush-in Lincoln Park-very modern, great cocktails.

Narcisse-for drinks etc

Ghost Bar @nine: upstairs bar plys hip hop and fashionable pre club crowd.

Soma@Fifth Floor/Redno five: One of the onyl nights dedictaed to progressive house and trance. one of my favorite nites.

Pure@Crobar:once agin-these deejays/promoters bring in some of the BEST names in to chicago. expect not to be dispaointed.

Saturday:

D'vine: Desert bar with deejays in artsy neighborhood, wicker park.

Pasha or Le Passage for drinks

White Star for the LA crowd

RiveGauche

Fiftfloor Red no FIve

Pm me if you need more info or guestlist info:)

here are some sights that may be of use:

www.purefuture.com

www.crobarnightclub.com

www.chicagoscene.com

www.chicagofusion.com

www.whitestar.com

www.rivegauche.com

Originally posted by beyondo

mannequin ive come to your UNFORTUNATE news of you seeking a job. So i will do the community a favor when i will have to give you a private meeting to see "your goods".

I know key people in basically all clubs down here getting a job should be a snap.

You just meet me in my "office " at the Executive motel on Okeechobee rd (convinently located by airport) .

:laugh:

Originally posted by mannequin

Beyondo & Mimid:

I'm not even gone ackowledge your post.. it was in bad taste...

Thank you to everyone else who has been helpful with serious info.

Hun, I just thought the post was funny, I have a right to laugh the last time I checked...... Don't take offense to posts like these, he does it to me and I just laugh. Take it as a joke, not personal. If you take things to personal on this board, you won't survive. Just a piece of advice. :D

Your not funny ... this is of bad taste, granted it being a joke of sorts. people should not support this ridiculousness :rolleyes:

im glad mimiD found it funny and YEs it was a joke reelax a bit there hunny ....if i wanted to make it "personal: i wouldve really gone off.

Thats whats wrong with miami to many Frustrated Northerners that fail in their city come down here and ruin ours !!!

stay up there if your coming with a sour attitude.

and yes i couldve gotten you a cushy job at a club very easily just pulling a few strings but F U now.:chainsaw::biggun:

beyondo,

I'm sure I am not the only one who finds 95% of your post to be stupid, ofensive or both.

Why do you post?

How about I'll just add a signature that says

beyondo says "bullshit, you are wrong, I can do it better, get a clue, suck my dick, fuck you, your an idiot"

then you don't even have to bother and log in.

mimid- it's all good, not even worried about it...

beyondo-

i don't know if you had an unhappy childhood or something crawled up yo' ass and died but...does it give you personal satisfaction to always harp on people and make everything in ayone else's life seem trivial? yeah, i have a sense of humour...i just don't think your funny. i didn't find your comment funny because in my industry-every day some dirty old man tries that shit with young ,impressionable ,naive girls. luckily, i'm not that stupid. and notherners are stupid with sour atttiudes-please. i may live in chicgao but i was raised in the old Dominion-The BIg VA. so don't lecture me about ANYTHING southern.

fuck it.

beyondo.. have you even read your own posts?

In response to meng spining at Space

i guess ill show up to Space late that night thanks for the warning....

mustve given Emi a good nut licking.

maybe aftr this you wont rip Space, Edgar Oscar, the door, Etc

In response to Waxman at Crobar

well thanks for the warning i guess ill be hitting space on those days.....:laugh::spin::puke:

who??????????????

who is opening for "garfield" ?

Charlie Brown?

thanks Mimi im glad you found it humorous....you know ive been meaning to "bust the move" on you are you hot?? got nice knockers?

i know stacy is the hot one in the message boards i was diggin her at Parks and Wilson night at Crobar

i wanted to tell her if she would like to "yank my post"

:tongue: :tongue:

and on and fucking on....

in other words... shut the fuck up.

I'll email you when I don't want the rest of the board to see it.

and Dork?? who the fuck says dork? isn't that slang for slapping your dick across someone's face? Is that what you want?

of course I mean all this in the nicest posible way :)

He's seen us, but doesn't have the courage to meet us...that explains a lot. It's not like we're hard to find...simple, really...Shroomy's like 6' 7" and built like a mountain, I have a fucking camera, he knows what Stacey looks like, etc...

Just come up and say hello. We're on our best behavior in the clubs. Unlike some other people, we conduct ourselves with some decorum when out enjoying the scene.