Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dave Seaman

MadamMillie

begin transmission

This month's Stellar Sessions is extra special. This Thanksgiving, Stellar is proud to host the Grand Opening of DC's newest and biggest superclub. This occassion can only be celebrated with one of the worlds most traveled DJs, and one of DC's all time favorites.

Stellar Sessions presents...DAVE SEAMAN

For years now, Dave Seaman has been at the top of the game. It has earned him a first class ticket round the world as the demand for his deck skills continues to rise. He's travelled more than any of his peers covering every continent several times over, whilst in the UK, he has graced every superclub you care to mention, including Cream, Gatecrasher and Renaissance.

2000 saw Dave and his team of trusted, like minded individuals mould their company, Therapy, into a highly respected home for DJ's and artists including Timo Maas, Anthony Pappa, Slacker, Evolution and The Light. He continued to enjoy a fortnightly residency for Renaissance at their flagship venue Media whilst still managing a hectic international schedule and a summer season in Ibiza where he enjoyed events at Renaissance alongside such luminaries as All Saints, Moby, Kylie and Moloko.

Somehow he also managed to find time to compile another two perfectly crafted compilations in the guise of Renaissance Awakenings and his second outing for the highly revered Global Underground series, remix Placebo, Naimee Coleman and Human Movement under his Brothers in Rhythm Moniker, be photocopied in a life sized Zerox for a Levi's advert in Japan and present a BBC TV documentary on clubbing in Australia..phewwww!!!!

Fast Forward to 2001 and there's no respite. Dave has already ventured out on many tours this year taking in such exotic locations as Costa Rica, Punta del Este, Peru and has gained the accolade of being the first ever international DJ to perform in Columbia.

Along With...

TY T

ODESSA

GRADDY

and... Jose Rodriguez, Jorge Chiocca, Mohammed, Victor, Oscar

THE VENUE...

Earth...Relive The Dream

1350 Oakey St. NE (Off New York Ave.)

Washington DC

This venue is second to none. The club boasts 4 Floors with a 4,000 person capacity. The first level is a large lounge, with an extraordinary number of bars and plush furniture. This makes way to the second level, which is the main dance arena surrounded by overlooking VIP lounges, all with their own waitresses and TVs. The third level is another VIP area, with more bars, and an a huge balcony. The top level is the roof of the building, overlooking the rest of the club, with a breathtaking view of downtown Washington D.C.

Doors open at 9pm

$15 Cover

DIRECTIONS

*There will be search lights on the roof of the club*

>From Downtown DC: Take New York Ave. East for about 1.5 miles. Make a right on Fenwick St NE (Right before 16th St. NE. There will be a sign for Okie St.). Make 1st right on Okie St. Club is on left.

>From Virginia: Take I-395 North towards Washington D.C. Follow it to the end, and make a right onto New York Ave. Follow directions above.

>From Maryland: Take I-295 towards Washington D.C. Follow Rt. 50 towards New York Ave. Make a left on Fenwick St NE (Right before 16th St. NE. There will be a sign for Okie St. Follow directions above.

...end transmission.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

due to unforseen circumstances, i have to miss EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EVENT in dc and ny. going home to dallas instead. and i'm NOT a happy camper about it. i'm extremely extremely extremely bummed. i'm in shock, actually.

Dood, that sucks! :( Hope everything's cool.

I'll make sure Shady, the trainspotter extraordinaire goes out to Seaman, Deep Dish, PVD, Tiesto that week. Not goin' to S&D, so can't help ya there.

That is, of course, unless Pat, the bad influence extraordinaire comes out and brings his friend Larry. In which case, I will probably only be able to tell you all the details about the stalls in the bathrooms at Dream, Buzz, DC Armory, and Glow. Stupid Pat and his stupid Larry. :rolleyes:

Uh, Pat. Just kidding, man. Larry's cool. So, see you and Larry tonight, right man? Right? Pat? Larry? Hello? :D;)

Larry will prevail! umm yeah pvd and maybe that dream party if i can get listed.. dont think gonna even bother checking out glow to see tiesto after radiate.. After a PvD set, nothing else will compare.. Tiesto is just a Oakie/Pvd wanna be anyways..

Originally posted by patural9

Tiesto is just a Oakie/Pvd wanna be anyways..

Yeah, I like when Tiesto plays the harder German type shit, or the more progressive stuff, but then he drops the cheese, and it ruins the whole set. I mean, variety is good and all, but ya gotta stay away from the cheese!

But I still may go to see him. If I can still walk. Which is doubtful. But who knows?

Originally posted by patural9

After a PvD set, nothing else will compare.. Tiesto is just a Oakie/Pvd wanna be anyways..

*clears throat* i dont think tiesto is to even compare to oakenfold..oakenfold has gone to commercial and hes too overrated..where is he now?? PVD and Tiesto 's newest cds are banging and they make hell of lot more remixes ...oakenfold cant beat tiesto's remix of delerium-silence either....i used to be a big oakie fan but lets give credit where credit is due..flight 643 by tiesto is once again another hot track...PVD-We are alive remix by Jennifer Brown as well...what remix besides beautiful day has he spit out..

my .02 cents

:confused:

:bounce:

cd

Alot of the songs on Pvd's new cd are his own unique remixes.. Hes a mad scientist when it comes to remixing for his live sets too, I caught this loop that he added in Questions may be asked on his new cd, sick.. There are plenty more additives that he addded to the tracks on the politics cd.. I remember hearing Happiness at twilo and thinking bastard! he took the singing out! brilliant! just becuase his remixes are not mass produced, dont count him out.. As far as Tiesto goes, if you look at his recent set lists, you see alot of tracks that were dropped by oakey a long time ago! (the insigma- open your eyes) i mean pvd has been dropping this off and on, but hes come up with his own origianal remix.. radiate is gonna be ill, i take my hat off to who ever will still have energy to brave glow..

this i know..but that one song by PVD We are alive is not his..and that needs to be known...I love PVD..ur talking about a trooper here that has seen PVD almost everytime hes spun at Twilo and at Space....what dj doesnt spin the same tracks whether it be old skool or not Strange world has a MIKE remix and alot of songs likeKay cee's Escape has 2000 club remix...how many djs have deleriums innocente on their cds?? thats a pretty old track..Timo Maas came out with it and then its on Kimball Collins...hes not biting anyones style..diff remix...lots of djs play tracks at diff times..is everyone biting John Digweed i suppose since hes oneof the first djs that started playing it??? Oakenfold prolly will have a good cd that comes out but its not underground anymore when ur appearing on MTV and freaking movie soundtracks seems a little hollywood if u asked me..dont go too commercial...people loose the concept then ..then we will be asked why isnt he played on reg radio stations then..i think the only one that can do it and get away with it is Hex Hector because thats what he does and hes not dipping and dabbing and all kinds of other things..he sticks to his niche

:bounce:

cd