Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Decandance

MadamMillie

i must say, i'm consdering going, despite the exorbitant price tag. scratch, you going? email me. anyone else? is it really worth it to go, even if i don't get there til late (like 2am or so? opinions? from what i understand, it's a bunch of detroit techno guys and then d-n-b dj's. i'm not into dnb at all, and techno, is, eh, to me. (i thought misstress barbara was great, but i had enough after 2 hours). opinions? help!

Originally posted by MadamMillie

i must say, i'm consdering going, despite the exorbitant price tag. scratch, you going? email me. anyone else? is it really worth it to go, even if i don't get there til late (like 2am or so? opinions? from what i understand, it's a bunch of detroit techno guys and then d-n-b dj's. i'm not into dnb at all, and techno, is, eh, to me. (i thought misstress barbara was great, but i had enough after 2 hours). opinions? help!

I think it's going till 8 AM, so getting there late probably won't be an issue.

Oh, and they have a sweet cage on the dancefloor downstairs. May or may not buy ya anything. But I thought it was kewl.

And even if you don't like DNB, you should try to check out Usual Suspects. They rock!

Oh, and Pete 'Shaker' Bones. I think he's more Tech-house. But not sure. I've got a tune he did and it's some cool ass deep tech-house shit.

I personally think the line-up for DECADANCE is amazing!

It's not just techno & dnb..... you do have the techno masters Derrick May & Kevin SAunderson, but there's also Taj who spins progressive house to trance, JOrge ranging from tribal to progressive to breaks, Craze...the 3 time dmc champ...his scratching and dnb skills are tight....and the HOUSE line-up! WOW~!!!!!! Best I've seen around in DC/VA/MD area ever ...we've got Julius Papp, DAvid Alvarado, and the one and only Roy Davis JR....amazing house producer & dj - his music will make you feel good all over!!!!! very smooth, funky, & soulful

And Pete "the Shaker" is awesome as well....got to catch him years ago @ Deep and he had the whole place dancing....

I give this line-up 4 thumbs up! ;)

Hopefully I'll be able to make the 3 hr drive up there and back! Ugh, my parents have suddenly decided to come visit me Sunday afternoon.......

Catastrophic always throws GREAT parties!!!! Check out www.catastrophicdc.com for more details!!! Who else is going?!?!?!?!?!?!

-YG :D

I'm going to be there early, by 11 ish, I've never heard Julius Papp live. will stay till the sun comes up. yay! ole skool! Millie check yo pms.

SATURDAY, NOV 3, 2001

9pm thru 8am

In the Nations Capital - Washington, DC

@ Club 2K9 2009 8th street NW

Arena 01

10.00-11.30 EDAN

11.30-01.00 TAJ 01.00-02.30 KEVIN SAUNDERSON

02.30-04.30 DERRICK MAY

04.30-06.00 JORGE BAEZ

06.00-08.00 PETE "THE SHAKER" BONES

Arena 02

09.00-11.00 DJ HOPE