Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hey Cali!!!**

xtcgirlie

Originally posted by sassa

No, San Diego here...by the way, did anyone feel that small earthquake from last night?Shit...that was my first one since living in California and I was kind of paranoid...lol:( :eek::cool::D

nope, i didn't feel it, but i thought you'd been here a while, sassa! how long have you been in san diego?

i moved back to l.a. on june 12th and i've felt 2 up here since then.

Originally posted by xtcgirlie

I wanna go to CALI!!!:D SO tell me a little about your clubs out there*

well... other people are much more qualified to talk about this stuff than i am (so they should jump in here!), but i just have to say that

i am beyond stoked to be seeing deep dish on saturday!!!

unfortunately, clubs here close early. deep dish was to play an 8-hour set, which i thought was too good to be true, and, of course, it turned out to be. it was shortened this week to 4 hours :( , making the whole night only go till 3am. weak.

s & d are coming out here soon, too, but i forget when because i can't afford to go :( . overall, i've been ok with who's been coming out here (donald glaude and sandra collins, 2 of my faves, have residencies at giant), just not with how long or late they play. giant, the biggest club out here, has a site at giant club (minus the space) dot com

but i was a die-hard raver before i moved back out here in june, and the west coast rave scene is so different from the east coast's that i turned clubber. out here the raves are all-ages, meaning that they're populated by 14-year-old zombies fucked up out of their heads. it's scary and no fun at all. 2 people died at the last one i went to, and one turned up dead after being missing for a week. and i find that the rave music out here isn't as sophisticated, either.

so i've weighed out the pros and cons; men in shiny shirts with silhouettes of naked women on them can be ignored more easily than dead teenagers. i'll visit my better ny rave djs over vacations or something, and tiesto'll rock my world out here in the present. :spin2:

sorry for the epic post! :)

I'm in the lovely town of Hollyweird...love it. But, I do need my dose of NYC to keep it real every now and then...never lived, but love to visit. Could never leave my beloved west coast sun.

Yo, madrusso...I have those same EV monitors...the 300's...they can rock a small room right...or just for monitors in a huge club setting. Noice.

As for clubbing out here...it just depends what you're into...but they do close early, then it's time to venture off to the afterhour parties...which I think is better because you get a change of scenery and crowd...well, most of the same crowd hits things anyway...and I'm too old for those damn crackhouses anyway...I like the afterhour parties I have at my own crackhouse home.

If you come out...hit me up and I'll point you in whatever direction you want to go...remember, when it's 10 degrees in NYC, it's 68 here. Peace.

Originally posted by weyes

nope, i didn't feel it, but i thought you'd been here a while, sassa! how long have you been in san diego?

i moved back to l.a. on june 12th and i've felt 2 up here since then.

Actually, 15 months now, but this was the first time I experience an earthquake here...was pretty cool actually lol.

Originally posted by sassa

Actually, 15 months now, but this was the first time I experience an earthquake here...was pretty cool actually lol.

i went to school out here, so i've got a lot of earthquake stories. after a while i got to be like one of those four-legged animals that could predict the things :D . i actually think they're kinda fun (although that definitely has something to do with my never having been in a really serious one) and grounding - no pun intended; they kind of remind you that we're all mortal, after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello xtcgirl!

Welcome to the LA chat board :-)

As far as clubs goes, we basically have two big ones and a bunch of little ones. The two big ones are Spundae and Giant, which are the ones that get all the big DJs.

And then there are some little gems here and there such as Voodoo in Ghetto LA and Sugar in Santa Monica.

I am still hearbroken over Twilo getting shut down. What's the word on the news I've heard that S&D are looking for a new location for a new monthly residency? Give us the scoop!