93. Graham Gold

94. Parks & Wilson

95. Frankie Knuckles

96. Basement Jaxx

97. Fabio

98. Gigi D'Agostino

99. Doc Martin

100. Slam

I think Okeys last Album, Ibiza, is slammin, and could surly put him back to the top of his game.....one of the best ever in my opinion......

I would also think a few other DJ's should be higher, but it's all in our opinion......

I don't think JP is recognized enough as an International DJ. His style is very NY and not many people out side of USA know him....

Very strange, he would need to go on tour, but we need him here.......Longest running Saturday night party in NY right now....

How many years now????? Does anyone know???:confused:

Gee! What a surprise! Not one single jersey jock in the bunch! Now I don't want to hurt their feelings, but it should be obvious from this list that what is happening in NJ has absolutely no relevance to the real world.

Time to wake up smell the flowers, the world is passing you guys bye.

Originally posted by laraver

Gee! What a surprise! Not one single jersey jock in the bunch! Now I don't want to hurt their feelings, but it should be obvious from this list that what is happening in NJ has absolutely no relevance to the real world.

No offense but I didn't actually see your name up on that list either.

i live in jersey...youd expect me to defend it...but its so true

Originally posted by nabuc1

No offense but I didn't actually see your name up on that list either.

\

No offense taken

I never said it should be. Nor would I say that.

It's just that, that whole clique (no I don't need to names names here, you all know who THEY are.) thinks that what they are doing musically is so relevant and important, when in reality they don't even register.

\

No offense taken

It's just that, that whole clique (no I don't need to names names here, you all know who THEY are.) thinks that what they are doing musically is so relevant and important, when in reality they don't even register.

First off I want to say Tenaglia should be #1

As for you, when the fuck are you going to get it! I mean, diffrent people like diffrent music, diffrent fucking taste. Just because you like more dark underground or what ever music, you think your more educated on music. If people are happy with there Tsettos or JP let them be, it doesn't mean they don't know real music, maybe they don't like the other style. I for one like all kind of music and many djs. I 've heard 6 djs on that list and they are great, but In the summer I pefer to go to Tempts and listen to my favirote dj, insted of going to hear some of those great World known djs, if I wanted to ,or anybody else, they would. When are people going to get it, not everybudy's taste is the same. If one dosen't like what you like, doesn't mean they are cheese.

As for Tranced were you the one who used to post on the Jersey board all the time and have post "About Teen nights for Tempts and Surf Club" no one ever repyd and you didn't get it, you would keep posting the same shit over and over untill you reliased that nobody would reply then you left for the NY board . It's funny how you bash Jersey all the time.

\

No offense taken

I don't think any of the Jerseyites where implying that Jersey was a musically hot bed. Jersey people like their clubs because they are local. When you just want to hang out have some fun but not go all out you tend to stay local. That's all there is too it. Also i'm not being biased either because I personally hate Jersey clubs and I'm from Jersey, to be more frank I hate a lot of NYC clubs (more of a lounge person). So it is an unbiased observation.

By the way tempskid LAWLER should be #1!!!

Nabuc - I'm not starting drama here, but what I am saying is relevant and important.

Jersey is absolutely entitled to enjoy what they want musically and socially, ie the jersey club scene. Many people in that scene however have a viewpoint that is not based on knowledge of the greater whole. It is based on the one small piece of the world that they know. As a result of that when somebody presents that group with something new they don't approach it with an open ear/mind. Instead the reaction is more often: "Where's the words. We can't sing to this, we don't know how to dance to this"

I know I have experienced that first hand.

I'll give you an example.

On a mix that I did I put a cut called "Purple" by Gus Gus, the remix of which was a Sasha vs The Light breakbeat track. I decided on that cut because I went to the store, spent several hours listening to music and that was one of the cuts I felt was good, different and interesting. I have had that cut in my collection for several years now.

About 18 months to two years after finding that cut and using it in my compilation, I found out that Oakenfeld had used that very cut on his Tranceport CD, the first in that series. Now as I said here I didn't like that cut because it was "an Oakey track", I liked it because it was a good track that I found while bin diving on my own. (Quick plug for one of my favorite record stores, got it at PlanetX, now PlanetXUSA.com)

Don't you think that more DJ's should apply that type of thinking to their worK?

So who is out of touch? Oakey or the average NJ clubber?

Now as I said earlier, NJ clubbers are perfectly within their rights to like what they like. But given the fact that what is happening right now musically is so homogeneous for most part as to be indistinguishable, don't you think the their is room for 1-2 clubs in North and Central Jersey that break that mold?

As for letting them be, I would be perfectly happy to do that if they would do the same (read that as DJ's, promoters, club management, owners, etc.) I am all for live and let live. But when the reaction I am greeted with is that of ignorance ( I am not referring to you, I am referring to people I have had first hand experience with in the NJ club business), how else can I be expected to react, except to say that they don't have a clue.

Just stating my case.

Nabuc - I'm not starting drama here, but what I am saying is relevant and important.

Jersey is absolutely entitled to enjoy what they want musically and socially, ie the jersey club scene. Many people in that scene however have a viewpoint that is not based on knowledge of the greater whole. It is based on the one small piece of the world that they know. As a result of that when somebody presents that group with something new they don't approach it with an open ear/mind. Instead the reaction is more often: "Where's the words. We can't sing to this, we don't know how to dance to this"

I know I have experienced that first hand.

I'll give you an example.

On a mix that I did I put a cut called "Purple" by Gus Gus, the remix of which was a Sasha vs The Light breakbeat track. I decided on that cut because I went to the store, spent several hours listening to music and that was one of the cuts I felt was good, different and interesting. I have had that cut in my collection for several years now.

About 18 months to two years after finding that cut and using it in my compilation, I found out that Oakenfeld had used that very cut on his Tranceport CD, the first in that series. Now as I said here I didn't like that cut because it was "an Oakey track", I liked it because it was a good track that I found while bin diving on my own. (Quick plug for one of my favorite record stores, got it at PlanetX, now PlanetXUSA.com)

Don't you think that more DJ's should apply that type of thinking to their worK?

So who is out of touch? Oakey or the average NJ clubber?

Now as I said earlier, NJ clubbers are perfectly within their rights to like what they like. But given the fact that what is happening right now musically is so homogeneous for most part as to be indistinguishable, don't you think the their is room for 1-2 clubs in North and Central Jersey that break that mold?

As for letting them be, I would be perfectly happy to do that if they would do the same (read that as DJ's, promoters, club management, owners, etc.) I am all for live and let live. But when the reaction I am greeted with is that of ignorance ( I am not referring to you, I am referring to people I have had first hand experience with in the NJ club business), how else can I be expected to react, except to say that they don't have a clue.

Just stating my case.

Point well taken. I agree with you on New Jersey club scene. I have been to Bunka, Abyss and Metro and in my opinion they don't do anything for me musically. I am not your typical avid clubber. I don't go to clubs on a regular basis (last time was 4 months ago - CentroFly), but I do love the music. Jersey clubs don't cut it for me. When I'm listening to (my all time favorites) Lawler for example it moves me, inspires me. Jersey cheese plain annoys me. So I see where you are coming from.

JP has been at SF since 97. he basically won the sat night party against Eddie Baez in a competition called red light green light battling each other on a fri night. basically outside of the northeast jp isnt none. but that may change with him spinnin at WMC in miami and him playing in vegas and cancun alll the time now.