Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bring Digweed, Lawler, etc. to Vinyl.

a night of digweed will tear vinyl apart. its just too damned small. everyone and their mother will try and cram in there and nobody will have any fun. the only way they could handle it is if they charged $56 or got all picky at the door. its just not happening.

a start to that club becoming as disgustingly filled with drugs and dirty smelly people that twilo became . . . many people who were regulars at vinyl for years wont even go there anymore cause of all the people and the way things are becoming . . . for as much as i like those djs, i wish they'd put em somewhere else.

~ brandie ~

Originally posted by brandie

a start to that club becoming as disgustingly filled with drugs and dirty smelly people that twilo became . . . many people who were regulars at vinyl for years wont even go there anymore cause of all the people and the way things are becoming . . . for as much as i like those djs, i wish they'd put em somewhere else.

~ brandie ~

Hmm your post kinda confused me. From what i gather.

1) You didn't like Twilo ...(shame shame) :D

2) You didn't like the crowd Twilo catered to.

3) But You still like the DJ's that Twilo brought in.

Soooo ... I'm just curious as to where you went to hear the good DJ's when Twilo was still around (i wouldn't nkow since i never went anywhere else).... since you didn't like it and can't stand the people? Because of drugs or how they dressed?Maybe you'd rather deal with muscle heads with over sized egos who force their way into a dance with you instead? or drugged out ppl who'll leave you alone. To each his own i guess.

On a side note (totally unrelated), its not about looking pretty and its not about picking up people. You just show up in beat up jeans, a t-shirt and a baseball cap ... enjoy the music ..have a blast and party like a rock stah.

Blowflyii, if you think that all clubgoers are so dirty and stupid and poorly educated and you have such disdain for the people that go there, then why are you making yourself a part of the scene? Yes, a lot of the people in clubs may not be of the upper echelons of society but that doesn't mean they're horrible people, and at least some of them are there for the right reasons -- the music. I mean, I don't want to sound snippy or anything but it seems whenever I read your posts it's something snide about the caliber of people either on the board or in the clubs in general and it's entirely wrong to be categorizing us like that.

give it some time for lawler but digweed???def too small for him

too much drugs???too much dirt???i go in there strait n i don't really see it as a problem...at twilo you can be sittin there n people are vomitting all over the place...i haven't seen that at vynil...for the most part i don't care what people do as long as they don't get in my face with it...who cares???be yourself

Originally posted by vision

give it some time for lawler but digweed???def too small for him

too much drugs???too much dirt???i go in there strait n i don't really see it as a problem...at twilo you can be sittin there n people are vomitting all over the place...i haven't seen that at vynil...for the most part i don't care what people do as long as they don't get in my face with it...who cares???be yourself

yeah you see some jacked up shit at twilo.

I was not trying to be elitest. I think people should be themselves. Its just I cannot stand all the roided out guys that have to sweat and greese all over everyone. Surprisingly a lot of these guys are upper middle class? So waht is up with that? I enjoy myself there, but its a tad grimmey. I do not think I am better than anyone. A lot of my posts hit the other side of the brain...keeping philosophy alive.

Thank you for approaching me with respect. I hope I have answered your question.

That would be great but the fact of the matter is a night of Digweed means everyone that is a music fan will want to go. Vinyl gives you that vibe as an underground party to just dance and listen to music without all that played out big ballroom garbage. Hence, seeing as Digweed is as big as Oakie right now, it just isn't the right place for that.

I would like to see them bring in more European dj's of the deep, dark, dirty house genre such as Lawler, Kleinenberg, etc.

Originally posted by blowflyii

I was not trying to be elitest. I think people should be themselves. Its just I cannot stand all the roided out guys that have to sweat and greese all over everyone. Surprisingly a lot of these guys are upper middle class? So waht is up with that? I enjoy myself there, but its a tad grimmey. I do not think I am better than anyone. A lot of my posts hit the other side of the brain...keeping philosophy alive.

Thank you for approaching me with respect. I hope I have answered your question.

As a matter of fact, you did. Being that you're referring to, well, the set of people you are, I couldn't agree more (nothing quite as exciting as some nasty asshole groping all over me because he assumes he's hot shit...not even asking first if i'd like to dance). Provided your statement isn't generalizing clubbers on the whole you're correct to say that there's an element at clubs that isn't quite enjoyable...

Originally posted by djjonstephen

That would be great but the fact of the matter is a night of Digweed means everyone that is a music fan will want to go. Vinyl gives you that vibe as an underground party to just dance and listen to music without all that played out big ballroom garbage. Hence, seeing as Digweed is as big as Oakie right now, it just isn't the right place for that.

I would like to see them bring in more European dj's of the deep, dark, dirty house genre such as Lawler, Kleinenberg, etc.

i'll drink to that!