Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Tuesday: Don't forget to vote!

If you've registered to vote, you gotta do your duty as a citizen of democracy!

If you're in NYC or NJ, this year's election is pretty important.

I'm wondering:

1. For those in NYC, is anyone who would have otherwise voted for Mark Green for nightlife issues (if he's serious and sincere about them), changing their minds?

btw, in politics, money usually talks, so if he's elected, maybe we should fund some kind of lobbyist group for nightlife... but I'll say that's another issue for another day

2. For those in NJ, I've heard a lot more about Schundler and his plans. Does McGreevey have any particular strengths to consider?

i'm voting for green because bloomberg pisses me off claiming 'he's a business man not a politician' but if that was true,

1. we should use sterotypes to elect a man who will be mayor of the most diverse city on the planet?

2. than why the hell does he have commercials that say how bad green is, and not how good he himself is. sounds like he's become a politician real quick and he's not even elected yet.

3. if he was a business man, not a politician, once he gets elected mayor guess what, hes now a politician.

also, he really pissed me off by taking greens quote about doing a better job than guiliani way out of context, and paying rediculous sums of money to air it every night of the world series.

so, it's

a conservative rich billionaire republican whos only credibility is the fact that he's rich and knows how to make money

vs.

democrat who somehow managed to drive half his party to the other side...

:puke:

I've no hope either way. Waiting for another 4 years....sigh...

I cant believe there are so many morons who are switching to Bloomberg just because Guilliani endorsed him! I mean, they are both Republicans, of course he is gonna be in Bloomberg's favor...

Also, in accounting, where I work, there is such a term as independence of interests. If this guy owns so much in NYC, how is he going to make his mayoral decisions free from personal interests?

Originally posted by CTACbKA

I cant believe there are so many morons who are switching to Bloomberg just because Guilliani endorsed him! I mean, they are both Republicans, of course he is gonna be in Bloomberg's favor...

I couldnt beleive it either untill I remembered that most people are indeed morons.