Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I Hate Car Audio Installers!!!!!!!!!

no matter where you go they all fuck you and play the same freakin games with your car and totally fuck up what you had when you get an upgrade......there is all this static runing to my brand new speaker...the owner hears it and calls me a few hours later saying they changed grounds and stuff and now its not doing it...im a block away from my house and the same shit....i cant deal anymore is such a hassel........no matter where i go or who i talk to its the same bullshit:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

sorry had to vent

. . Believe it or not . . unless you're talking about custom enclosures, running speaker wire for cars, and installing speakers isn't that hard. . You just have to do it once, then you get the basic premise and every upgrade after that is relatively simple. . It just depends on how technically oriented you are . .

I know some about car audio, I am by no means an expert though . . I can tell you with about 80% accuracy that it probably was, or is rather, a grounding problem. . I spin and I can tell you that if you don't connect that ground from the tables to the mixer, you'll build up one heck of a hiss . . maybe they grounded it improperly? . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . Believe it or not . . unless you're talking about custom enclosures, running speaker wire for cars, and installing speakers isn't that hard. . You just have to do it once, then you get the basic premise and every upgrade after that is relatively simple. . It just depends on how technically oriented you are . .

I know some about car audio, I am by no means an expert though . . I can tell you with about 80% accuracy that it probably was, or is rather, a grounding problem. . I spin and I can tell you that if you don't connect that ground from the tables to the mixer, you'll build up one heck of a hiss . . maybe they grounded it improperly? . .

heres the exact problem......i have 2 6*9's and in my back right one i am getting a tremendous amount of static and the speaker comes in and out,....they said they changed grounds but i think its bullshit....the system sounds like shit now and im gonna lose it....

. . First of all, don't play it loud, you'll probably clip the speaker which will make the cone rip. . second, it does sound like a grounding problem. . Have you had problems with these guys before?... If they installed the speakers, they may have actually fucked up the connection with the speaker itself, not just the ground . . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. . First of all, don't play it loud, you'll probably clip the speaker which will make the cone rip. . second, it does sound like a grounding problem. . Have you had problems with these guys before?... If they installed the speakers, they may have actually fucked up the connection with the speaker itself, not just the ground . . .

everytthing was fine before hand...i went there to get some new equipment and now everything is fucked up....sometimes it happens and sometimes its fine but like i said i was fine before hand but i wanted an upgrade and now everything is a problem....these people came highly reccommended and im losing my patience now...

heres what i have

2 12ince rockford fosgates

ppi 400watt 2 way amp to the box

calrion eq

500 watt 4 way urban amp to theinteriors

origianl door speakers and tweeters

this is what i got from the new people

brand new pioneer head unit

12 disc pioneer changer

and 2 brand new pioneer 6*9's

my old clarion changer broke so i decided to treat myself and get the head unit and changer...

and from then on the problems started...first i needed a filter to lower the engine noise and now im having the problem with the static to the back right 6*9's which is really fucking annoying and time consuming everytime i leave my car there:mad: :mad: :mad:

Tell me which shop it is so I know not to do business with them. :)

For real though, changing grounds wouldn't affect/change static coming from a speaker. That speaker could be shot. Wires could be crossed. Could be a problem with the amp too. Simple shit like that, just needs the right person to investigate it.

As far as your engine noise. Best way to cut back on that is to have a common ground in the trunk and have the proper gauge wire shorter then 12 inches (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the car audio game in a long time). Also run power wires down one side of the car and audio cables down the other side. Try to avoid (if you can) other power wires when you run wire to the back, also shielded RCA can help filter some noise. Not much.

I never liked taking shit to shops like that, I wanted to be the

one to get into my car, no one else. I've seen what some shops can do, the alarm in my car was one mess that could have went on fire thanks to a stupid shop. Went back for repair and they told me they replaced the brain of the alarm, I looked where the unit was housed and they just cut into the unit and spliced some wire into it. Only did that for insurance purposes. Never again.

I've had this car for about 2 1/2 years and I had huge plans for it, however I never got the time to do it. I was going to start and rip out the whole interior (done this before in my truck) and dynomat the whole thing, then take it from there. Never got past step one. :( Now I have my Diamond Rio and a tape cassette adapter.

eheh

good luck

Originally posted by lowmazda

Tell me which shop it is so I know not to do business with them. :)

For real though, changing grounds wouldn't affect/change static coming from a speaker. That speaker could be shot. Wires could be crossed. Could be a problem with the amp too. Simple shit like that, just needs the right person to investigate it.

As far as your engine noise. Best way to cut back on that is to have a common ground in the trunk and have the proper gauge wire shorter then 12 inches (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played the car audio game in a long time). Also run power wires down one side of the car and audio cables down the other side. Try to avoid (if you can) other power wires when you run wire to the back, also shielded RCA can help filter some noise. Not much.

I never liked taking shit to shops like that, I wanted to be the

one to get into my car, no one else. I've seen what some shops can do, the alarm in my car was one mess that could have went on fire thanks to a stupid shop. Went back for repair and they told me they replaced the brain of the alarm, I looked where the unit was housed and they just cut into the unit and spliced some wire into it. Only did that for insurance purposes. Never again.

I've had this car for about 2 1/2 years and I had huge plans for it, however I never got the time to do it. I was going to start and rip out the whole interior (done this before in my truck) and dynomat the whole thing, then take it from there. Never got past step one. :( Now I have my Diamond Rio and a tape cassette adapter.

eheh

good luck

yo thanks for the info bro,,,,

personally i think the whole thing needs to be taken out....all wires thrown away and it needs to be reinstalled completly from scratch with new wires and grounds.......