Clubplanet Nightlife Community

anyone remember the early raver clothing brands??

anyone remember the early raver clothing brands??

hi guys.. i'm just doing some research, anyone remember the early raver clothing brands (circa early 90s) that were really popular, such as Stoopid & Fresh Jive?

My cousin used to design for Body & Soul (now defunct) back then which was one of the smaller rave/club/skate brands (if u remember that brand, you really got around!), and i'm trying to research all the old skool stuff.

If anyone can help me out, just dig back into your memory! much appreciated! what else was there....???

Ummm, look at my screenname- you forgot all about TASTY! :D :D

What else? JNCO, Buggirl, Pigpen

There was that one whose symbol was a cat , now what was that called again...???

That might be a few yrs after what you're looking for but that's all I can come up with for now.

FRESH JIVE; peoples!

and that wasn't early 90's rave clothing, that was what skaters were wearing and also what Velveta cheeseballs were wearing that attended Essense and Nasa parties.(I'm not ripping on skaters just commercial raves from 93 - 95)

anybody remember those shirts that said, "FUCK RAVERS"

then the ravers had a shirt that said, "FUCK SKATERS"

and one time I was shit faced and got into a stupid argument b/c some nimrod had a shirt that said "FUCK GRAFFITTI"

Early 90's clothing for a RAVE (bklyn underground) was a t-shirt, jeans and nikes...

Originally posted by SnOwiCe

such as Stoopid & Fresh Jive?

I responded and didn't relize you mentioned Fresh Jive

the cool thing I noticed back then was that people were more creative buying clothing from the salvation army and vintage shops

you would see ravers wearing Hess gas station shirts with the name Habib sewn in. and also were making thier own jeans with the triangle patch for the legs.

T-Shirt Jeans and Sneakers. too this day that is the attire I enjoy wearing...

Originally posted by gonzojournilist

the cool thing I noticed back then was that people were more creative buying clothing from the salvation army and vintage shops

you would see ravers wearing Hess gas station shirts with the name Habib sewn in.

I wouldn't call that "raver"- that was pretty much any kid in the 16-21 age range back then...

Guest tilly
Originally posted by loch

she asked for raver clothing brands, not for a self-description. ;)

OK, we obviously need to chat. This husband and wife thing..is it really necessary to bring onto the boards for all of clubland to see? I mean come on now, isn't there enough drama to fill up the drama boards as it is????

Originally posted by tilly

OK, we obviously need to chat. This husband and wife thing..is it really necessary to bring onto the boards for all of clubland to see? I mean come on now, isn't there enough drama to fill up the drama boards as it is????

Are u guys married???? that would b soo cooo

FRESH JIVE; peoples!

and that wasn't early 90's rave clothing, that was what skaters were wearing and also what Velveta cheeseballs were wearing that attended Essense and Nasa parties.(I'm not ripping on skaters just commercial raves from 93 - 95)

anybody remember those shirts that said, "FUCK RAVERS"

then the ravers had a shirt that said, "FUCK SKATERS"

and one time I was shit faced and got into a stupid argument b/c some nimrod had a shirt that said "FUCK GRAFFITTI"

Early 90's clothing for a RAVE (bklyn underground) was a t-shirt, jeans and nikes...

yeah my first rave was Storm Rave 2 in 1992 in Staten Island.. Everyone was in jeans and t-shirts. Nasa and Satellite (In NYC) propelled the whole Raver style of wearing big jeans and colorful T-shirts.

go to karmaloop.com

they have all the old name brand clothing still

:)

kikwear (dunno if they have this on the site)

caffeine!

roxy (more west coast tho)

independent (skater/raver) at least for the tshirts/sweatshirts

the rest they should have on there...

Originally posted by republix

yeah my first rave was Storm Rave 2 in 1992 in Staten Island.. Everyone was in jeans and t-shirts. Nasa and Satellite (In NYC) propelled the whole Raver style of wearing big jeans and colorful T-shirts.

Staten Island horse stables, old burnt out

dirty dingy. Standing outside all you heard was tractor trailers racing down the West Shore expressway mixed in with the HARDCORE bass comming from DJ Frankie Bones

Raving in the early 90's by far were the best of times.

Staten Island horse stables, old burnt out

dirty dingy. Standing outside all you heard was tractor trailers racing down the West Shore expressway mixed in with the HARDCORE bass comming from DJ Frankie Bones

Raving in the early 90's by far were the best of times.

all i wore back then was jeans, sneakers, t shirts and hoodies. i hated the whole raver gear shit. we used laugh at those peeps.

you havent been to a good rave unless u went to a storm rave.