Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oh my. . .

scratchapella

NO one wants me to get any work done this weekend. . .

look.

Miles Maeda, Internationally known house DJ, will be joining us for a preparty for Chocolate this Friday at 8 PM, and then he'll be teaching a "Karma Free" class on Saturday in our lounge at 3 PM. Both events are FREE!!

Here's some more information about Miles:

Miles Maeda

Since moving to Chicago to explore modern electronic dance music in 1992, Miles Maeda has established himself as one of the country's most well known Dj's. His legendary tapes have become some of the most sought after mixes around the US. He has performed with the world's top acts including Robbie Hardkiss, Kevin Saunderson, Derrick May, Juan Atkins, and Richie Hawtin as well as headlining clubs such as Crobar, Shelter, and Smart Bar. While living in Chicago, Miles was a resident of the club nights Material with Derrick Carter and Atmospheric Audio Chair with Josh Werner. Since beginning his production career, and relocating to San Diego, Miles has successful releases on both Dirty Loop and Siesta as well as co-producing a track with Derrick Carter for Classic and holding down monthly residencies at Chicago's Smart Bar, The Last Supper Club in Seattle and Dish in Milwaukee. In addition to producing music and Dj'ing, Miles travels the country as a student and teacher of Yoga, meditation, and creative arts.

Originally posted by vicman

especially when cartoonnetwork runs of a space ghost weekend marathon :D :D :D

I guess this is totally off topic, but how often do they do this and do you know if they'll do it again sometime soon? Years ago I saw a Space Ghost marathon, but at the time we were so high neither me nor my cousin thought to put in a tape and record it until after it was over. That was in '98, I think and I haven't heard of a Space Ghost marathon since then...

hmmm..now that you mention it, it has been some time. Last one I saw was probably like April of last year, I dont know if they had one between January and May of this year, when I didnt have cable, but at least since May they havent had any.

I especially like the locust that played the organ, what was his name?

Spaceghost marathons brings back fond memories when I was still innocent...then something happened along the way and I ended up like this--->:drunk: :goofy:

hmmm..now that you mention it, it has been some time. Last one I saw was probably like April of last year, I dont know if they had one between January and May of this year, when I didnt have cable, but at least since May they havent had any.

I especially like the locust that played the organ, what was his name?

Spaceghost marathons brings back fond memories when I was still innocent...then something happened along the way and I ended up like this--->:drunk: :goofy:

Locar was the Locust, though I don't remeber him playing an organ. The mantis that plays the organ and leads the band is Zorak.

VIC and KURO: get outta my thread!

Krish, I think it's a newish party they started over the summer at Zei ???? i saw flyers for it a looong time ago, but I don't think i'm right. . .anyways. . .i can't believe how fast this week has gone by. . .ughh. . .but i'm definitely looking forward to thsi and that techno party. . .

Originally posted by scratchapella

Krish, I think it's a newish party they started over the summer at Zei ???? i saw flyers for it a looong time ago, but I don't think i'm right. . .anyways. . .i can't believe how fast this week has gone by. . .ughh. . .but i'm definitely looking forward to thsi and that techno party. . .

Def that techno party! Are you going to be home for a while...kinda busy but will call you in about an hour or so.

zei closed.

y'all don't want to know how many hours i worked this week!!!! :eek:

Originally posted by scratchapella

Yup your right, I got the locust confused with the mantis, I guess I dont know my zoology that well, I do know stuff about kangaroos though :D

Yup, finally Thursday, wish it was Friday though, at least there is no work on Monday :D

My favorite Space Ghost episode was the one where he was interviewing the dude that played Batman. What the fuck was his real name? Not Bruce Wayne. His real life name. Space Ghost was hazing him cause Batman didn't have any real powers. And then he started shooting his wussy ass laser beams out of his wrist bands to show Batman his powers. Classic comedy. Is that show still on at all?

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

My favorite Space Ghost episode was the one where he was interviewing the dude that played Batman. What the fuck was his real name? Not Bruce Wayne. His real life name. Space Ghost was hazing him cause Batman didn't have any real powers. And then he started shooting his wussy ass laser beams out of his wrist bands to show Batman his powers. Classic comedy. Is that show still on at all?

Oh yeah! ADAM WEST! That was his name!!! Hooray for Shady's brain! It remembered something!

Oh yeah! ADAM WEST! That was his name!!! Hooray for Shady's brain! It remembered something!

yeah I remember those old skool batman episodes with Adam West, that outfit really showed us his beer gut and those tights, OMG. And Robin's outfit was pretty funny also.

BAM! POW! BOOM! KA-PLAM!

shady, i think your really not in Australia and your in your office..its 8:35 am and your posting :D :D

coincidence or events of the supernatural?

I dunno if spaceghost is still on, I'm gonna hafta check cartoon networkfor that info.

It's 12:40 AM Saturday here. I just got back from the bar. The bar was full of rednecks and fat chicks. I hope that wasn't a representative sample of the Australian population as a whole.

That was the episode where Zorak was "Bat Mantis". Space Ghost comes on at 11:30 on Thursday nights and Sunday nights. It's a part of Cartoon Network's new "Adult Swim" programming that comes on at 10 on Thursdays and Sundays. Lot's of funny shit and then at midnight they show Cowboy Bebop which is a fantastic anime series.