Clubplanet Nightlife Community

CNN staffers get instruction to blame Taliban

sassa

i'm probably older than a bunch of you...but not old enough to remember korean or vietnam wars...i'm not that fuggin old!!!what i don't understand is why the u.s. has to tell us anything about casualties other than that there are casualties...that's a given...we try to minimize them and our technology/intellegence isn't perfect...if it were none of this shit would've ever happened

i'm not saying that its right and i'm not a warmonger or a muslim hater...if i had the power i would have all the children in all the cities we've been bombing living with me...i don't have that power...all i can do is pray for them and the children that lost parents in the wtc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone got off-track here with name calling and all that. Sassa I think you should of explained yourself in the first post more. I think they didn't know what your exact point was.

Now the memo at CNN that was given out says, "we must remain careful not to focus excessively on the casualties and hardships in Afghanistan that will inevitably be a part of this war, or to forget that it is the Taliban leadership that is responsible for the situation Afghanistan is now in."

Why are the reporters being told what to report on? The real truth in everything comes out when BOTH sides of the story are told. When ALL point of views are seen. I think everyone will agree with that. That's when you get the WHOLE truth about something. That memo blatantly shows that CNN wants only to show one point of view. I think that's why they're are so many mis-conceptions of what is going on in the middle east. And I think thats why many Americans don't understand the anger of those people and how they feel.

Karch

Originally posted by igloo

Pat Buchanan Jr????.....Been called many things but not that...if my comments resemble too closely to the far right, it is simply by design to retort Mullah Sassa (that name was Buchanan like!)...

Sassa...your lack of an initial, intelligent response to my questions speaks for itself.....why do we need to wait for a response

you are pat buchanan jr

i'm suprised you didnt take that as a compliment

and sassa is not pro-taliban either...she doesnt deserve that name

if she was in afghanistan under the taliban, she would not be able to get an education, or even leave her house in some cases

i think this is where some of you dont understand...by criticizing america's military action she isnt being anti american and pro-taliban. by critcizing the military action she is just questioning the status quo, trying to determine a reason for why more innocents have to get caught in the cross fire.

i take back what i said about pat buchanan jr....your more of a mccarthy

Originally posted by sassa

I will answer you soon,Igloo.Not to worry, as for you. I wasn't referring to you and up until now I didn't even know you existed. So chill out and buzz off. Pick a fight with someone who gives a damn.

Incase you forgot, you posted this threat to begin with and I being a member of the board read through the thread and noticed something I wanted to reply to. Im not picking a fight, I just found the logic in some of the things you said flawed. What does it matter if you didnt know I existed before now, i would assume most people on here dont know the other exist until they see a post. If you don't give a damn why would you post on a msg board and why would you read the replies? :confused:

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

you are pat buchanan jr

i'm suprised you didnt take that as a compliment

and sassa is not pro-taliban either...she doesnt deserve that name

if she was in afghanistan under the taliban, she would not be able to get an education, or even leave her house in some cases

i think this is where some of you dont understand...by criticizing america's military action she isnt being anti american and pro-taliban. by critcizing the military action she is just questioning the status quo, trying to determine a reason for why more innocents have to get caught in the cross fire.

i take back what i said about pat buchanan jr....your more of a mccarthy

Shouldn't you be watching Nickelodeon or playing with your Backstreet Boys dolls....