Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Need Info- S&D Cipriani or Oakie Hammerstein

Better Venue- System Wise  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Better Venue- System Wise

• Cipriani's
    • Hammerstein Ballroom

Trying to figure which will be worth my time. I love S&D but how is the sound system going to be @ Cipriani's. Never been there. Do any of you's know what to expect?

Hammerstein- Oakie? Same thing.. I'm a music freak what I'm looking @ is basically get the most for my time. Who's a better opening act- Jimmy Van M or Seb Fontaine & D:Fuse?

Does anyone know about the showtimes? How long is S&D gonna dj for? How about Oakie? I heard about his fiasco last yr. Another thing on my mind .. is the dress code not for me but for my male friends who also want to come w/me

Last question.. by when should I get the tickets? Do they assign seats?? Or a standing area? Is it you come first and grab a spot? Do they sell booze?

Thanks for your patience in reading my thread and please send me responses... I need to make up my mind before all tixs are sold out!

;)

well i really cant say much .. !!

im goin to both of them ...

im a bit more excited about s&d cause its been a while i have not seen them ..

but oakie is OAKIE ...

so im goin to both ..

but if i was you and had to pick one of them then i would go for s&d both are fuckin awesome .. and sasha's set will be off the hook

i agree, both...I already got my tix for both.

however, if I had to choose I, I'd go for Oakey. why?

1. Oakey's $40 vs. S&D $60

2. Went for Trancegiving last year, and it was my best clubnight ever.

3. Its $60, plus the drinks at Cipriani's are gonna be $10+

4. S&D are gonna have a residency in NYC soon.

5. ...may be I just like Oakey more...

But I still cannot make up my mind!

Most definitely the sound quality will make me decide and by the poll I can see that People see Hammerstein as a better venue!

But it is not everyday that you get to go to Cipriani.. the dilemmas us women have!

And mind you I still have not picked an outfit!

:confused: Help!

Originally posted by Anesh69

But I still cannot make up my mind!

Most definitely the sound quality will make me decide and by the poll I can see that People see Hammerstein as a better venue!

But it is not everyday that you get to go to Cipriani.. the dilemmas us women have!

And mind you I still have not picked an outfit!

:confused: Help!

1) Music Freak:

Oakenfold plays anthem after anthem and does not mix. It's not much better than buying "Dance Hits Vol.12: Summer 2001" and throwing it on at home.

Digweed, on the other hand, was voted #1 DJ in the world, with Sasha at #2. They have proven their skills with their residency at Twilo. Was Oakenfold offered a residency at Twilo? No.

http://www.djmag.com/pages/whats_up.cgi?file=whats_up20011105dj.csv&topic=djs&story=1

Also: Jimmy Van M is an incredible DJ himself. He was the one that brought S&D to the states. He openned for S&D every time they played Twilo.

2) Time: Sasha/Digweed/VanM are spinning from 10pm to 6am.

I went to Oakie last year: Emerson rocked it from 10-12, Oakie disappointed from 12:00-1:54, and Emerson banged it out in style till close (almost 4). I must say Emerson played fantastic that night. Oaken was a joke.

3) Dress code: None for either event. However, you may want to spruce up a bit and not candy out for Cipriani's, since it is such a nice venue and it's 21+

4) Ticket: S&D tix here

http://www.cipriani.com/cipriani/Events/Concerts/concerts.htm

Both events are come and grab a spot. However, Cipriani's has table service (food and bottle of Grey Goose) all night for $120

Otherwise, there will be bar, etc. at both events.

5) Sound System: They are bringing in a custom sound system. Think Phazon quality. 'Nuff said.

6) Cipriani's is without a doubt one of the most beautiful spaces in NYC. Period. But don't take my word for it. Check out the pics. And remember, there is going to be a special visuals by www.imaginaryforces.com. These guys worked on movies like Mission Impossible, The Mummy, Sphere, etc.

Check out Cipriani's here:

7) Most importantly:

Cipriani's is a benefit for the Twin Towers Fund. All net proceeds will be donated.

All in all, everything points to Cipriani's with Sasha, Digweed, and Jimmy Van M.

PM me if you have any more questions.

See you at S&D!!!

Originally posted by snipeu

PLus if you are comparing oandsandd to dands i can see you are a big music freak. Cause there are different styles of playing for different people with different taste. I hate sasha i dont like his spinning at all digweed is not bad.

What exactly do you mean?

I listed my reason for why certain dj's are better than others. Technically, Sasha and Digweed are better than Seb Fontaine. I have not yet heard D:Fuse. Stylistically, it is a matter of opinion, and I think Sasha and Digweed are far and away superior.

What type of music does D:Fuse play?

I was also commenting about how after hearing Oakenfold many times, I can tell he does not put together tight sets. He just drops anthem after anthem, with no direction or journey in his set.

Please, don't just call dj's jokes for no reasons. Back up your opinion.

ok sasha has no direction he goes where ever he wants to go and 2ns he is not the best dj in the world. digweed is alright he aint that bad. Oakenfold has a direction like homelands and brighton beach or space are all great mixes . Seb is awesome his essintail mixes are great

3rd iam not a music freak in my opinion oakenfold is awesome i like his stuff but also in my opinon i dont understand sasha, maybe i should listen to him more.

Originally posted by snipeu

what is cipriani what is that ? i didnt hear much about it?

Cipriani is one of the best Italian restaurants in New York. They actually have serveral locations, and offer a great many services beyond just being a restaurant. You can use their spaces for weddings, banquets, etc. As far as I know, there has never been an event like this though: club music. At most they've probably had concerts and ballroom type dancing.

Sasha & Digweed are going to be at the 42nd Streed venue, which I think is the largets.

Take a look right here. Click on "42nd Street" on the side bar:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

I'm quite content w/the responses that you guys are giving.. Its all about the music.. Music is my savior!!!! Especially now...

I'm definitely going to see S&D.. I have heard there stuff... but I have more Oakie in my collection... and quite frankly.. it does not matter what style of music is played .. cause when you collect music.. sometimes your in the mood to listen to some jazz ... sometimes you want some trance.. sometimes you just want to listen to something that will take you somewhere else...

We need to go and represent.. it's our time to show people that music is uniting us ... and we are doing a good cause.. helping others that are in so much need....

We need to sit back and realize ....we have gone through alot these past few months.. and it is Thanksgiving.. we have to give thanks.......that we can appreciate music!!!

And the location.. CIPRIANI is simply gorgeous.. (I can just imagine the acoustics of that place) It's gonna be off the hook.. I will be giving a review!!!!!!

I can't wait till the 22nd.....