Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Record Release Party@Lumonics this Saturday/Online Interview with Gridlok

lumonicat

Saturday, November 17.......Technorganic Record Release Party@LUMONICS

featuring Project 51

Record Release Party for TECO-007: Vector Burn + Reflective/Reflective (Project 51 Remix)

Free Giveaways: T-Shirts, Music,Stickers

Reinforced sound system by VsL Crew (The Vessel Crew)

Laser system provided by the DJ Store

10 p.m. to ??...Cover: $15

10:30p.m...........Intergalactic Light Show - Tanner/Billard

Activate the Bliss State

11:30p.m........Drum & Bass Collective Night with Danny Bled's special guests:

Project 51: Gridlok, Element & Redcoat

+ Negative DJ... Delano...MC Collaborator

+ In the Light Museum- "Relaxed Groove"

Danny Bled, Glenn Frazer & Tom Gaudet

downtempo - acid jazz - idm

...........2 Rooms of Lumonics Light & Sound...........

3:30 a.m.............Light Show - Tanner/Billard

Massage your Chakras

free parking, free re-entry, $2 bottled water

Call 954.979.3161 for info/reserv.

http://www.lumonics.net/reservation.htm

http://www.lumonics.net/directions.htm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Online Interview with Gridlok:

birthplace

boston, ma

How long have you been living in Florida?

too long

How did you get the name, Gridlok?

off a street sign in DC

label affiliation:

technorganic/underfire uk/thermal/rawkuts/gain uk/sudden def uk/audio blueprint uk ..... there are a

few of them

What is the first music you remember hearing as a child?

the soundtrack for star wars

Besides your solo work, you are one of the 3 members of Project 51.How did you get together with Element & Redcoat?

that is a hazy memory, but i'm sure it was fun! OH yeh, i first met redcoat when i booked him for a party

in orlando a few years ago and we did not get along too well to say the least. i met element after joining

evilbase and that was pretty stale as well. but as time progressed shit just clicked and bam! Here we

are, best palz!

How would you describe the sound of Project 51?

fucking sick

What do you love about drum & bass?

mostly the drums and the bass!

Tell us about the new release:TECO-007: Vector Burn that you will be playing Sat. at the release party?

this will be the first release ever from vector burn as well as project 51. i'm very excited about it and

am honored to be putting it out on my label. one side is a vocal roller tune with a bit of a techno

influence along the lines of something that klute or marcus intallex would make with a small hint of

techstep. the p51 remix is full on bigbass teardown that has been doing alot of damage on the dancefloors

across the u.s.

What inspired you to become a producer? Tell me about the transition from spinning other people's music to playing your own records.

uh, i was producing for 10 years before i touched a turntable. it was actually quite a weird feeling playing other people's music to a crowd when my name was on the flyer.

From hearing your music, it feels like you have quite a musical background, including even classsical influences. Do you play any instruments? Were you in any bands?

i was classically trained on the violin from age 7 and pursued that through to the end of high school. fond memories of that! also heavily into guitar from electric to classical since age 11 and am still very much into that! i've been in several bands but always found that to be a drag as i would turn into a control freak when i wasn't hearing what i had envisioned in my head.

I also had the feeling that your music can lead to popularizing drum & bass since it has a more "musical" feel than a lot of drum & bass that I hear. Would you agree with that assessment of your music?

damn, i don't even know what to say in response to that. i would be proud to know that i helped make this music we all love more accessible to a wider audience.man, i can't even respond to that, just thank you for listening!

some events you have played at

i can't remember.

You play in San Francisco quite a bit. Can you compare the dance club scene there with Florida's?

in san francisco. in dance clubs. people dance.

djs/music artist/groups that are your biggest influence

smashing pumpkins/skinny puppy/sex pistols/john williams/matrix/optical/stakka n skynet/tons of things that i can vaguely remember the sound of but have no idea of their origin.

current and/or upcoming releases:

rawkuts: dillusion/soulsucker...audio blueprint: horizon/the search...zero-g: motion control/retaliate...technorganic: terrorist/deception...sudden def: relapse/dylan rmx...thermal: left coast/goa step

technorganic: vector burn - reflective/p51 rmx...technorganic: p51 - the volunteer/escape...gain: the sequence/solvent w/substrata...argon: mofunk - slipstream/slipstream rmx

what you are listening to in the car these days?

mostly demos. keep em comin'!

where do you hope to be in 5 years?

kickin' it in paris on my 8th anniversary with my wife

when not producing music, I will be:

sailing in my handbuilt skooner (shoutout to the "mallrats" massive)

any other comment...

lumonics is the dope spot for visual stimuli, thanx for hosting the record release!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

link of the week: Technorganic Recordings

featured links at: http://www.lumonics.net/djdancelinks.htm

More Upcoming Events:

11.24 Spoken Word&Open Mike featuring Lip Tongue & Ear Poets,hosted by Shamele Jenkins

+ Venus Meets Mars at the Turntables: Kee Kee & Antidote, Tempest & Driven, Shadow Spirit & Severina

Friday, Nov. 30 Blueprint:Jazz/Reggae/Drum Circle/Light Show hosted by Shadow Spirit

12.1 Connect Yourself with DATaStore, Alekz, Dallas, Dana, Tommy, Dj Sen

Peace & Respect from the Lumonics Crew

http://www.lumonics.net