Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ that was the biggest(pleasant) surprise for U

For me it has to be Deep Dish. I've always been a trance fan, but lately I've started to listen to more and more prog house, Howells, Burridge, and so on.

I heard a couple of their mixes and they were "ok". Some time ago I read somewhere that they think Trance is crap and that Hardhouse DJ should be shot. Being a fan of both styles, together with the fact that they are Arab-looking, I hated their guts. But when I went to see the in Centro-Fly, I was just blown away...they were amazing!!!

i like house - but progressive house - mind you

JP, DT ...but as for Deep Dish...there is no progression ..just boring beats...its not even hard....Centro fly boasts a nice lineup of DJs...and DD is their biggest success i would say -lots of people like them...as for me...i rather keep my house NY style...nobody can Top JP at house.

Just to let you know, that IS what they call progressive house. DT spins tribal, and JP dont even know what, "K-head anthems" may be. They call it Hard-House, but in no way Hard-House it is. Hard House is BK, Fergie, Andy C, and so on... JP spins "Stranger in my house" bullshit with some heavier baseline.

Besides, this post was "The DJ that surprised me the most" not "the DJ that provides me with some shit to listen to on Saturday nite because I am too ignorant to open my mind to other music"

deep dish are right, hard house djs should be shot. that shit is car alarm music on crack. theres no melody, no vocals no story, just noise, sounds like when you rub against a blackboard with your nails ewwwww. Fergie is the leading fuck behind all this. but the most surprising dj i heard was david alvarado, he played twilo last year, the night was phenomenal, he dropped a track by EBTG, and the place was on fire!!! DT is the man though, on his own level above everyone else.

Originally posted by tribal

deep dish are right, hard house djs should be shot. that shit is car alarm music on crack. theres no melody, no vocals no story, just noise, sounds like when you rub against a blackboard with your nails ewwwww. Fergie is the leading fuck behind all this. but the most surprising dj i heard was david alvarado, he played twilo last year, the night was phenomenal, he dropped a track by EBTG, and the place was on fire!!! DT is the man though, on his own level above everyone else.

If you wanna kill hard house, youll have to do more than that

as far a s a surprise, i would have to go with the dj's at fabric. I normally dont like deep house that much, but DJ heather turned me on to it. I also dont really like garage that much, craig richards mixed some in with his set, which also featured hard house, tribal, and d&b

Yeah, I know what you mean, bigpoppanils. When I went to London this May, we went to Fabric, and it was crazy! First time ever did I hear Jungle played on the main floor, here its only at raves. And everyone was going crazy to the beat. It was something!!!

Tribal: I totally understand what you're saying, Hard House totally has no melody, theme... however, its not trance, not melodic house - its not supposed to have melody. It is music for the body, together with jungle, d&b, happy hardcore and few others. So you cant compare them. Its like a classical music fan would listen to house and say - "this is not music, music has to have piano, violin, blah blah blah" Get my drift?

I gotta question: Did anyone go to see Scot Project in Tunnel? There was a guy closing for him, I am trying to remember his name, Danny Marinello or something like that... he played a lot of tunes sounding like hard trance with Italian or Jewish themes. This guy was totally crazy, and Project sounded like a Sesame Street compared to him.

Does anyone know?

PS. I didnt say they are Arab, I said they are Arab-looking. Besides, Iranian and Arab is not much difference. Muslim is muslim. Personally, I dont care for either, as long as are not gonna 9-11 my ass...

Most of what is played in NYC right now certainly qualifies as Hardhouse.

Todd Terry, more than anybody else could be pointed to as the originator of the hardhouse formula: Tribal beats, stuttered and looped samples built up in layers, sparse but effective melodic stabs in critical areas of the track.

If you listen to JrV., JP, Boris, Denny, etc. you will realize that what they are playing is an updated version of that formula. People have tried to stick the label progressive, but if you dissect the elements it is very clear that what many people call progressive is in actuality Hard house.

Admittedly what the people call hardhouse in th UK is slightly different in feel, but once you slice through how UK producers have regionalized that sound, at the core you will find just a reworking or updating of Todd Terry's original formula.

Originally posted by Unbound

i like house - but progressive house - mind you

JP, DT ...but as for Deep Dish...there is no progression ..just boring beats...its not even hard....Centro fly boasts a nice lineup of DJs...and DD is their biggest success i would say -lots of people like them...as for me...i rather keep my house NY style...nobody can Top JP at house.

deep dish is as ther name states deep house...they spin a bunch of tribal too just like motha

My Biggest surprise was @ Vinyl for Howell's the last time he was here.... it was like revisiting the old twilo vibe.... i knew he was gonna be good...but i never expected such high level precision mixing.... not one fuck up throughout the whole night ... and i was completely sober

Pascal F.A.O

back @ Twilo with

sanders K. and

nick Warren..

Warren dissapointed me and "thensome"..

train wrecked like a mother and almost walked off stage.

Then sanders K...

got dark and techy..

But PASCAL F.A.O

threw on the BREAKS AND IT WAS

BLIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSS

Till day light!