Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Have any You guys heard Judge Jules Before?

esance

This hopefully is gonna be my first appearance at Space, friends from NY are coming down, my i.d. problem should be solved by then, and we'll be good. I should have lots and lots of goodies that night, lol. As Far as the Judge, never heard him live, what should I expect to hear? :D

-MiKeY.D

This I belive is the first time Judge has played in Miami. He's got a huge following all over the Uk...

He has a regular friday night spot on a Radio station over in the UK from the essential Selections part of the minestry Of Sound .

I couldn't belive it when I read he will be playing space on Dec.

My wife and I and a some friends will be going and making it a all nighter.

As far as what to expect. Nothing less that some of the best progressive house/trance you will hear for a long time!

(my opinon only)

:eek:

Finally someone has listened to my cries for another great dj to come to Space. Space I thank you for bringing me the Judge. I have seen him once during the WMC at shadow lounge and he killed it in that dump of a club. I can only imagine what he will do at Space. This news had made this Thanksgiving a great one.

THE JUDGE WILL NOT BUDGE!!!!!

MENG you have got to be shitting me!!! I personally didn't hear you spin @ space, but the fact that you don't know who Judge Jules is leads me to believe you were horseshit!!! SEAN BOOOOZY

For any of you other fags that don't know who The Judge is, he's similar to Tiesto, which means he's good, which means you dorks won't like him, so don't go!!

Judge Jules is great, but I can see you not knowing him in the states. He is one of the most consistant draws in Europe, especially in Ibiza and the UK.

He spins mostly prog house (whats new) but throws in a little of everything (even heard him drop an ABBA song in Ibiza.) His sets are usually very fun and up energy.

BTW I may go and beat the shit out of every male I don't know, just to make sure I get Johnny and Retardo. :)

Johnny, I have to ask you, why is it that you think calling people fags has an effect? You just implicate yourself as being some ignorant hick from the backwoods of Georgia.

Judge Jules is in no way like Tiësto. Like Charlie says, he is mainly progressive nowadays, and tosses in a few other styles to liven things up a bit. So if you are expecting some anthems and frilly synth noises to cause you 'blow up, man!', you're not gonna get it from him. He'll lay down a quality set, for sure, but the trance-only-house-sucks-suck-my-dick-kiss-my-ass-vip-area crowd is in for a major disappointment. Just like I've seen your hero Oakenfold do a good tribal house set. I loved that one not only for the originality of the production, but to watch all the people expecting 'Bullet In The Gun' get all twitchy and leave the venue.

Yes, there's certain trance artists who can throw down (Edgar, the up-and-coming Iggy, and Tiësto come to mind), but for the most part, trance is unfortunately evolved into a schlock form of music. It's why I have respect for the few DJs and artists who can still pull off a killer set, it is very difficult to find quality trance material nowadays. It's mostly 'Castles in the Sky' and that Thrillseekers tune that one finds.

It comes from my perspective as a 'fence-sitter' I guess. I like house, and I like some trance, too...I choose my music based on the quality overall, not it's categorization.

So yeah, I can say go see the Judge, but be prepared for something other than what you like.

I don't know shit about almost every DJ out there. I've been spinning for two years and just got into progressive 8 months ago so you're right. I don't know shit about a lot of DJ's. I'm picking up CD's left and right of DJ's I've never heard like Sasha, Digweed, Tenaglia....by the way I've never heard either Sasha or Tenaglia live yet.....so FUCK YOU TWO geniuses if you've been listening to this shit for years, cuz I haven't...and I STILL spun at Space and kicked ass(I have the CD to prove it if you want a copy), you fucking losers.

Granted Sean hasn't had the exposure that some of us others have had (BTW: I've never heard The Judge or his trumpet play out either) but I must credit Sean heavily for having the strong desire and open mind to learn...it's not that he's closed minded at all...that's nonsense...he hasn't had the opportunity...that's all! And so I think it's wonderful that we have someone in our midst that has mad DJ skills and a starving appetite to learn and expose himself to what's out there...to me that's a deadly combination, and I wish I were in Sean's shoes...cause he is willing to work harder than anyone out there to become the best.

Peace,

FX

well you sure seem to talk a lot of nonsense for someone relatively new to the scene.

what were u doing before the 8 moths youve been spinning progressive????

sweet 16's , weddings, kids b day parties.

hey Meng i can get you a gig. My cousin turns 9 this month at Chuck E cheese maybe you can spin there. i know you had a prior residency at Dandy Bear but see if your able to spin at Chuck e's.

Theres this really good remix of "the wheels on the bus go round and round" id like for you to drop in the middle of ur set.:blown:

I'm not just going to say this because Sean is a friend of mine. He does know his way around a professional DJ console. Whether he spins progressive or Serbo-Croatian disco breaks, you have to give the guy credit for going far in a short time.

Johnny, I'd like to see you take to a triplet of 1200s and a 2016 and come out as well as he did.

The one thing we are agreeing on though (gasp!) is that the Judge should have a good set. Though I'm not likely frothing at the mouth over him like you, Johnny.

Just to answer your question, beyondo.....before getting into progressive I spun breakbeats and some trance like Union Jack and Terra Ferma type of trance......as for your other comments.....pretty funny....I see you try your best to make comments as funny as GA2, but you have lots of work to do....Johnny, go back and listen to your Alex Gold CD's, will ya?