Clubplanet Nightlife Community

New Season - Like Sinatra says...."START RATING THEEE CLUBS.."

beyondo

well were in the beginning of a new season here In Miami and the Mix of Old and new clubs make it seem like its going to be eventful so here are my ratings of some of the majors players in town......

#1) CLUB SPACE. This place brings in talent like no other.!!! All types of DJs with all types of sounds have come in here.

Not to mention they were the ones with "big balls" to be the first to mOve to Downtown.

24 hour liquour license is well....lets just thank god its legal.

on top of that on a "normal" night thier residents Ivano, Edgar, Oscar, Roland, and Radamas are best in Town.

This year the WMC at Space will be incredible. Dont take this place for granted. I know its the place where people love it or hate it. (hmmm like someone i know)

#2) CROBAR- this place has gotta have some of the hottest babes in town as well as some nice progressive sounds. (killer combo) Back Door Bamby is one hell of a party on Mondays. And they bring in some nice guest DJS ....props to Cedric Gervais and Juan Mejia also very good residents. The Vip Upstairs is one hell of a place to be on Saturdays.

#3) BILLBOARD - Newly added Billboard makes my top 3 although ive only been there once. Its a nice set up with a bit more mainstream crowd. what i like is they wanna bring concerts, djs and many different types of events. Place is nice and they have big pockets.they should be alright if led by right people.

#4) OPIUM/LIVING ROOM- this place is a bit different than the others where they really rely on the trendy crowd more than Djs to bring in Business. But it has a nice vibe and awesome eye candy.The Milon Brothers have always had a touch to bring elite in thier doors. the new LIVING ROOM opens in downtown lets see how that turns out. If you guys remeber the old one in its hay day you know what im talking about. Wednesdays in '97 were amazing

#5) LEVEL NIGHTCLUB- trailing and losing some ground this place is getting old. Recently added resident George Acosta brought some life back into it for the trance lovers. But This place for being so big fails to bring good talent. And i dont know about you but how many STUDIO 54'S AND MOULIN ROUGE can one club get. Not to mention the crowd is pretty lousy. Those major hip hop events are so bad.....well good cuz on those nights its cleans up crime in the community.

#6) Liquid- This is my choice for the big FAIL of the season. They have no clue on identity are they a strip club, hip hop, or house club? Not to mention ive heard from many you can go bowling there its been so empty. I remember driving by one night around 1 30 am and they whole staff was outside with thier hands crossed. not a good sign. The lone bright spots of the Club are DJs Iggy and Drew both up and coming with some good stuff. should lead the next generation of Miami DJs.

And there you have it ........if Beyondo says it then its gotta be true !! take that to the bank

:cool:

I have to agree with Beyondo on some of the descriptions of the clubs, especially Club Space and Crobar, my favorites.. especially Crobar where one can always score even on a bad day. hehehehehe.

Though Billboard does not qualify yet to be on the 3rd place as all the times I've been there the place has not had great music though the people is good but then the place it's good so everyone wants to check it out.

Opium is a bit older crowd, say 25 to 35 crowd, a how good you look and what are you wearing crowd but ultimately pretty nice and good crowd, music is always good there.

Liquid, haven't been there yet but wouldn't give the club a death date. The club has just opened and so far I've heard good things about it so I am sure it will pick up anytime soon as it looks like the staff is very customer service driven.

Overall , a good overview on part of Beyondo about the clubs.

laterz.

I'd swap Space's and crobar's positions for sure. crobar's staff is still number one in my book, even though Louis has whipped Space's staff into shape in a major way.

Billboard does not even make it onto my list. Lousy service, not really a good crowd, they've only impressed me on a technical level, and by bringing in RaSoul and Orbital. The crowd there seems to be of the 'let's go cause it's new' sort, or of the 'we're from out of town, someone at the Holiday Inn told us to go...'

Liquid has had it's fits and starts, sure, but there is a lot of potential for the place. You're right, Drew and Iggy are superb, and they get the good talent for sure.

Opium...yesterday's news really.

I'm looking forward to the Milons' opening up the old Fuel space. Exile isn't impressing me so far at all, they're opening in 3 weeks, and there is no news on residents or format really, except some hints on their website that seem to make it out to be a "cashmoney - G's up Hoes down" type of joint. Well, if we can keep that crowd there, they're less likely to infect the beach more than they have.