Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Robbie Tronco Was F*cking Hot!

Codica3

Aight - just got back from hearing Robbie Tronco spin live for the first time, and I just wanted to say that he fucking tore shit up! I was very, very pleased with his set, he was nothing short of amazing. He really knows his shit..

Me and my friend talked to him, and my friend asked if he was ever gonna come to a NYC club, and he said that he didn't have an agent so he just does guest sets wherever friends of him might ask him to go. He also said that NYC really isn't his style.

But lemme tell you, I think NYC would love to hear a Tronco set one night. He's fucking good =)~

He had this guy there with him named Mike that played a fucking electric violin for some songs, and it was good as hell when he played Eleanor Rigby (I know it's kinda old, but it sounded good as hell), and the guy Mike actually played the electric violin part of the song! It was a nice change, I definitely enjoyed myself.

Thumbs up to Tronco -- if you ever get a chance to hear a set by him, and you haven't already, then I highly recommend it.

:D :D :D

Guest saleen351

I'm glad to see too hes getting some response, he got me into house music when he did the train....I met him and he couln't be nicer, I talked with him in the booth at warehouse in philly and we bs about clubs and shit like that. I heard him do the best remix of elton john ever live at warehouse....His buddy owns the music factory, thats where I use to get all my shit....His style is vastly different then nyc, and just like I posted under that "drama" post, phillys scence is much different and I like it, so get out of nyc and open up to some philly house, you'll be glad you did...

I love the music they play downstairs in that red couch lounge in the basment of shampoo. place is real fun.........

Yeah I remember he was at Exit for the first Wonka party back a while ago.

I actually saw him in (err..) Bunka in Jersey (I know, I know, it's corny, but I didn't feel up to going to the city, and I really wanted to hear Tronco). He was so good, I had a lot of fun last night.

Obviously it's nothing like NYC.

But it was a nice change once in a while.

And I'm glad I got to meet and hear Tronco. :) :) :)

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by realz

Robbie wasn't at exit.

it was Mica

lol

but yea, Robbie tronco has got to be the biggest K head ever

I think JP has that title.......:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Guest saleen351
Originally posted by karch

what night does Robbie Tronco spin at Shampoo?

I never heard of JV having a k-hole problem. Maybe your talking about Eddie Baez? But I heard he's been pretty clean as of late...

he does fridays and sat night,

Friday is gay night sat is a real good time.........

www.shampooonline.com

Yeah - Shampoo isn't that bad.

Completely different scene from NYC though.

The music is a little different.

The crowd is very different.

And to me, the vibe is completely different.

Not to say that it's bad or anything.

Just don't expect it to be anything like a NYC experience.

yep..friday is SHaft night - gay

sat. is a regular club crowd. -with Tronco spinnin

thursdays also have been getting better again..Matt kling spins or opens for some really good dj's. Danny Howells tore it up a month back and Max graham was good too.Matt is up and coming and spins all over philly...remember his name!

shampoo has had ssome great parties - color parties ..red, pink, purple etc, and they have been my favorite times. on normal sat. it can be just ok.if your in philly checkit out cause Tronco is always worth hearing.

Yeah, howells was there on a thursday night in mid october. It was carazy and off the hook. Word is they are tyring to get him back. The place was packed and the vibe incredible. You should have seen him working the crowd! Check out www.*****.com

its the best philly nightlife site on the net. and it will keep you posted on whats going on as well. Enjoy

p.s. I know philly aint NY but we try!

Robbie Tronco will always be the man...and Shampoo will always be my favorite club!!!.....i've been listening to the man since wayyy back when he did sat. nigts on Q102......he is quite the talent when he wants to be...and his partner Mike Fiscaro Jr. is definitely a cool guy....check out his store the Music Factory if u live in south jersey/philly area.....peace