Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sasha & Digweed: Orlando Style

joeygk

PRO's

Well lets just start out by saying the music was beyond my expectations. Sean Cusick delivered a warm up set to get the crowd ready. It was classic Cusick down-tempo, melodic, dark beats. Next, Jimmy van M tore up the decks. He spun for about 60 minutes, laying down a killer progessive set- (and if I wasn't mistaken.....he even threw down some break-down shit towards the end! I nearly had a heartattack; this guy certianly won't be pigeon holed into any one genre)! Around 12am Digweed took the stage and for the next 3 hours him and Sasha keep me dancin' like it was my job. I didn't recognize any of the tracks besides the junkie XL cowgirl song????? But it was "out of control" Sasha tweeked the sound on each track to perfection, you could here the pitch changes as each track rolled on, the man really knows how to spin a track.

CON's

1. THE SET: it only lasted three hour- S&D spun from 12-3am. (that just borderlines on cruel and unusual punishment)

2. ORLANDO: I'm sorry to all who live there- but that f@%king place is a tourist trap masquarading as a city. We had to walk through an amusenment park to get to the venue. (weak)

3. SOUND SYSTEM- it was alright, but i'm spoiled by the phazon system at Crobar and the EAW at Space.....I couldn't even feel the bass. (super weak)

4. THE CROWD- nearly 80% of the crowd was standing still the entire night. I was so pissed, I kept thinking to myself "this is S&D- throw your god damn hands in the air and shake your asses, you f@%king posers!" (I won't even comment on the huge number of doormat, 18 year old ravers sitting in the lobby all night) THE MIAMI CP CREW WOULD HAVE OWNED THE PLACE!

**I will never complain about a Miami venue ever again.

All in all the music made up for the cheezy Orlando scene, but the show would have been perfect 10 if it had gone down at Crobar or Space.

Originally posted by joeygk

4. THE CROWD- nearly 80% of the crowd was standing still the entire night. I was so pissed, I kept thinking to myself "this is S&D- throw your god damn hands in the air and shake your asses, you f@%king posers!" (I won't even comment on the huge number of doormat, 18 year old ravers sitting in the lobby all night).

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

sucks that they weren't able to appreciate Sasha & John's set :woah2:

The crowd woulda fucked it over for me. I'm big on having a good crowd around to enjoy a performance. I've been to Orlando before and it is a bloody tourist trap. Paranoid authorities and Disney sucked the fun out of that city long ago.

Originally posted by pod

The crowd woulda fucked it over for me. I'm big on having a good crowd around to enjoy a performance. I've been to Orlando before and it is a bloody tourist trap. Paranoid authorities and Disney sucked the fun out of that city long ago.

I have a feelin' you still would on enjoyed yourself. The music more than made up for it.