Clubplanet Nightlife Community

...:::tiËsto Review:::...

dcsglow

Hey just wondering what everyone though of TIËSTO on Sat...I thought it was one of the best sets I've heard in a while...and who all was there on sat? I know i saw Vixen, Malanee, Vicman...lol rolling in at like 3, and finally saw PGiddy...also VMISGLOW was with me...aight well I'm going to go back to hibernation and sleep :D I'm always so tired sundays:(

oh yah, i'm terrible at meet-ups because i never wear a watch . . .

oh wait, that's egg's line...:D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I made it to see Tiesto on Sat. and I must say he was brilliant! I agree it was definitely one of the best sets I've seen in a long time. He started off nice and slow w/ a little break-beat in the beginning and then built it up from there and proceeded to tear up the decks. I don't think I've seen Glow that packed and that out of control before. It seemed as though everyone was really enjoying themselves, and I know Tiesto was as well. I was right in front of the booth the entire evening and he looked like he was having a great time, plus he knew how to control the crowd and take them over the edge. As far as tunes he played, I've got a partial list going, and feel free to add:

Somewhat in order, but not really:

-iio - rapture (deep dish remix)

-oceanlab - clear blue water (not sure the mix, maybe Ferry Corsten...I'll have to listen to my record to find out)

-Dave Matthews Band - the space between (crowd went nuts, and tiesto was singing along to most of it ;) )

-rank 1 - airwave

-insigma - open your eyes (the place went insane, and the lights were awesome)

-nalin & kane - open your eyes (great classic tune)

-salt tank - eugina (don't remember the mix)

-delerium - silence (dj tiesto - in search of sunrise mix)

-utah saints - lost vagueness

-kosheen - hide u w/ tiesto - flight 643 (entire track of flight 643)

-cj bolland - the prophet (again, crowd loved it)

-jan johnston - flesh (BT mix) great ending track

what a night! it was also really cool that they had a video camera in the booth so that you could see tiesto mixing on the video screen...really fun to see. i think the highlight was probably insigma (for me at least) because he was amazingly into that track and it's got great builds to it, so the crowd went insane. he just kept building the tunes up till the very end, and left you way up!

I drove from Philly with a few friends, and I had a great time. It was my first time in DC and my first time hearing Tiesto. I was amazed with his crowd interaction. I was lucky enough to get an autograph, and I thought it was great that he stuck around and continued to sign autographs after he was done his set. One of my friends was even able to dance in the booth with him for about an hour. The music was great and so was the crowd.

An incredible night!!!!

Stacie:D

Tiesto was just amazing. Simply put. Unfortunately I was just there for about 2 hrs as I had to change gear after Radiate, but what heard from Tiesto on Saturday was just unbelievable. Definitely the best trance I have heard in a long time.

The crowd was totally into the music and as you might have noticed lots of people from NY were there and you could feel a more "intense" vibe. Another thing that I really enjoyed was that Tiesto was also totally digging the crowd: singing along, etc.

He dropped a few old tracks like Silence-Delirium and others, but hell it was all good, the crowd exploded when he put them on.

Again my only sorta regret was that Radiate ended until 2 as I wished I coul;d have been there for all the 4 hours of Tiesto's set. Glow should try to get him more often. Definitely the perfect end to one hell of a weekend.

I saw dcglow and vmiglow, and even though dcglow pointed me to where pgiddy was, in my state at that point in time I couldnt distinguish him from the crowd. Malanee and her crew were present, and I didnt get to see vixen.

But again overall this is the one time that I can totally agree with people who like to say "he tore the place apart", "he blew the roof off of Glow," "he ripped Glow into shreds" etc, etc, etc .

Tieso was just !WOW!

Well if I wasn't so tired from Limelight (special thanks to mom for yanking me out of bed TWICE during my only 5 hours to sleep post-LL), I probably would have enjoyed it much more. I loved Tiesto's track selection and his mixing was excellent, but once again, the sound system was up just waaaaay too high. The music should be enjoyable, not painful, and I don't want to leave with hearing damage every week :mad: It seems like as the night goes on the master volume goes up and up and up until the sound practically seems to radiate off the walls, which of course doesn't sound very good either. But everyone was so into the music, that was great, and there was a lot of energy in the room. I saw Malanee for a few seconds when I was up in the cage but when I got down and found PGiddy we'd lost ya... I tried to find ya again but you were missing. and SHADY YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!!! YOU DIDN'T SAY HI!!! :mad:

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I didn't make it to Glow. Scott Henry and PVD wore my ass out at Radiate.

Shady, you gotta get your ass in the gym. It takes dedication, devotion, effort, sweat, guts and tears to last that long.

If not the gym, then more partying is the answer.

Hahaha sowwy shady... but i couldn't resist :tongue:

It was all said in jest.

Hey did you ever see the episode of the simpsons where the bully kid is about to make fun of someone and he turns around and there's a mirror there, so he ends up pointing at himself instead and he goes (in that high, nasally voice)

"Ha Ha! Hey, that hurt! No wonder nobody came to my birthday party...."

lmao

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Hahaha sowwy shady... but i couldn't resist :tongue:

It was all said in jest.

Hey did you ever see the episode of the simpsons where the bully kid is about to make fun of someone and he turns around and there's a mirror there, so he ends up pointing at himself instead and he goes (in that high, nasally voice)

"Ha Ha! Hey, that hurt! No wonder nobody came to my birthday party...."

lmao

Yeah, I think so. Nelson rocks. I need to find me one of those vests he wears. Those things are sweet.

umm I believe it can also be pds.?? anyways obviously you understood what I was saying. BTW, it doesn't matter what school I went to, I am the one who asks the questions around here, so shut your mouth and know your role, and no I don't mean roll.:blown: Oh and that dog thing was real, right?? Did you ask anyone???

Originally posted by pgiddy

Shady get yo ass to the gym, just look what it has done to egg. Eggman is jacked, I remember when he was just a 120pd weakling, now he's ready for the strongman competition.

you now know what i do in my spare time, besides practicing with my blue photons in my room . . .

wtf happened to ferro, he was soaking wet and said the bouncers dumped a bucket of water on him . . .

i felt sorry for him but, shit, i couldn't stop laughing . . . :laugh:

kuro, shady, and vicman, nice seeing you for deep dish at buzz, it was by far the best set i've heard them play . . .

as for tiesto, i think i woulda had more fun if vixxen was in her booty gear dancing in the cage . . .

btw Eggmok, I almost forgot, it was a positively orgasmic experience to meet the great mythical Egg... ;)

Did everything work out okay with the comps?

we got there farily late coming from pvd, so i wasn't able to use em . . .

nice to finally meet you also, sorry i couldn't hang out more cause i had too many nyc headz to entertain . . .

not to mention that pgiddy was drunk off his ass and wanted me to drive him home in his beemer . . .

oy vey . . .

Originally posted by Kuro

And Vixen, next time you're at Buzz you should wear one of your cage dancing outfits.

I second that. Especially if you two are gonna be wrestling. I'll put that in as a stipulation in the contract. Damn, this is gonna be one helluva match. I just hope I can sign the Deep Dish vs. Saeed/Palash Chicken Fight match for that same night! Wrestlemania ain't got nothin' on Shadymania!

btw Eggmok, I almost forgot, it was a positively orgasmic experience to meet the great mythical Egg... ;)

ewww, what the fuck??? lol:laugh:

egg...where the hell were you???

ewww, what the fuck??? lol:laugh:

egg...where the hell were you???

yah i dunno if any of you saw, but i was on the box for like 45 mins...i was up there when he spun Raputre, i was so fucking tired holy shit!

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

I second that. Especially if you two are gonna be wrestling. I'll put that in as a stipulation in the contract. Damn, this is gonna be one helluva match. I just hope I can sign the Deep Dish vs. Saeed/Palash Chicken Fight match for that same night! Wrestlemania ain't got nothin' on Shadymania!

I dunno Kuro, you better get yourself into training for this match. Shady's condition last Saturday speaks for itself, if he's your trainer, I wouldnt be all that confident. :D

My money is on vixen. Who's taking the bets?

Originally posted by vicman

I dunno Kuro, you better get yourself into training for this match. Shady's condition last Saturday speaks for itself, if he's your trainer, I wouldnt be all that confident. :D

My money is on vixen. Who's taking the bets?

I'm no trainer. I'm the agent. Like Don King to Tyson. I just come up with the goofy ideas, take a huge cut of the proceeds off the top, and in general screw over all participants.