Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Asians vs. The Clubbing World

joon0u

I don't want to start another discrimination thread, but whatever. Sunday morning 5 AM, after bar hopping, me and my two buds head out to Vinyl. Arrive there, and it's closed. WTF!?!?! What's going on?

So we head to Soundfactory, but since we're in T-shirt and jeans, we know that we can't get in. Being an Asian is already one whammy, not being dressed for it is another whammy. So we head up a few blocks to Exit. Knowing that Sunday morning hours are for Junior and his "gay crowd" we, heterosexuals, enter nonetheless. First time in my life that we were rejected b/c we're hetero. The gay doorguy says, "This is a gay nite, you need a membership." WTF!?!?! Why don't they just say, "We don't want f*ckin Asians in here." Amazing.

I swear, just b/c of a few bad Asians, we all get a bad rap. Even blacks get treated better in clubs nowadays. And I love black folks. I guess white folks just don't know what it feels like to be part of a minority.

It's a damn shame that we can't get in a club just b/c of the color of our skin. I thought it was all about the Benjamins, but I guess not.

if ya tried to get into exit on more then one occasion then I'd say you had some type of arguement, however this is a fairly new party w/ these guys at the door. being that late at night and the crowd they want to attract maybe they were just taking gay people, unless you saw what you thought to be straight people of other ethnic backrounds getting in.

besides you didn't get into factory so I'm making an executive decision to rename your post to:

Asians vs. Doorguy @ Exit on Sunday 11/25/2001

oh yea, how were the other people that were getting in dressed?

Have a nice day!

:)

It happens everyday to someone. Some provincial racist bastards will always be there to mess up someone's night. I wouldn't let that get me down. I would just avoid going to that club. It hasn't happen to me yet. BTW I am an Indian and I have not been declined at any clubs. It may happen and I have to be cool about it. There will always be some racist ass that will rouine your day. But y the fuck should I care about him? If the venue wants to be a racist, word will get out and they will lose customers.

Originally posted by joon0u

I guess white folks just don't know what it feels like to be part of a minority.

I had a piano class when I was in school that was mostly Asian. Not only was I the only white student but I was the only American in the class. I can't say that being the only white student made me feel like a minority. The fact that everyone else in the class played better than I did made me feel like a minority.

I can't believe I wasted my time reading this post, but since I did, I might as well waste more time responding.

First, you being Asian had nothing to do with you not getting in to SF. You were underdresed. Had you waited an hour (6am) when Paris leaves, you would have had no problem.

Second, JR's party is primarily gay, that's the way they want it. It's not rocket science. You're not gay, they could tell, and they wouldn't let you in, end of story. Absolutley no proof that it was a bias towards Asians.

The comment you made about blacks sums up the pure ignorance of your entire post..

You should have called this post, underdressed, not gay, Asian kid doesn't go to Vinyl (because if was closed), SF (because he was underdressed), or Exit (because he wasn't gay) and blames it on discrimination against Asians....

bionic is right on with the gay thing..freinds of mine tried goin to one of junior's parties at twilo and the doorman told him this party isn't for you and that you don't want to go in there..it was dicrimination on sexual preference not race

that was a good response. what did you expect goingg to factory the way you were. There is no need for the white comments black comments etc.. How do you know if white people get discriminated or not. i mean come on we should all just stop the bullshit and grow up we all bleed the same color