Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sunnyside vs. astoria

Hey you

Astoria is hands down the bizzomb. So much more to do, great lounges, restaurants, etc...

Sunnyside isn't as well developed as Astoria, but, the prices in Astoria are going up... now that many more people from the city are moving out here, its making it more in demand =(

Sunnyside is still cool though, especially since the 7 is the best train in the city.

Give me a buzz, you can come check out the hood if ya want.

-Steve

PS - where have you been? havent seen since Twirl?

hey steve! i've been taking it slow lately, just watching the fun from the virtual world sidelines. as we know, i'm like, *old* and partying til dawn just ain't what it used to be! i start yawning and turn into a sleepy pumpkin around midnight!

astoria sounds good, i should give it a look-see before i settle on sunnyside. i'm finding tons of options but too many choices can be overwhelming so i want to just make a decision soon. i definitely like the idea of the 7 train since it's above ground and i can see the light of day!! i feel like a mole riding the E & F & R to forest hills all the time!

Hey!

Astoria's got some nice places..

Take the N to the last stop and go look round

Ditmars..

or stop at Bdway and walk up to Ditmars..

There's lots of great lounges and pubs..

Plus thE Museum of Moving Image and

the Kaufman movie theatres..

(Where they film Sesame Street)

Every block has a different vibe..

but if you are with an Astoria "local"

you can look at the nice streets

and skip the Grunge..

Steve and I live together..

give us a call if you want a "mellow"

tour and maybe swing by Cafe Bar on

36th street for a drink!

Hope you are well,

good luck!

*Pm me if you are in the "hoood"!

(this is Mugwump territory)

Both Astoria and Sunnyside are nice hoods. Astoria is a little nicer but sunnyside has got just as much stuff around(but the stuff aint as "cool"). Thing is Astoria has gotten really expensive and i fear so has sunnyside. I'm movin out of my place in astoria and the rent went up to $1000 for a rinky dink appartment. Plus if you live in sunnyside it ain't that hard to hop over to astoria(i walk it sometimes to get to a friends place in sunnyside). Best of luck to you in finding a place.:)

Originally posted by kandekyd18

ASTORIA!!!

lol....basically whatever has been said is true. Astoria is more developed, thus the rising prices. All Astoria needs is a large club and some cool stores, then I would never go to the city, lol. Good Lcuk either way!!! :D

Steinway IS a large store!

And The Clubs are coming..

WORLD on Newtown Ave is looking for someone

to rent it out for nights

and then there's that Guido place

BLISS on Queens Plaza

Originally posted by mugwump

Steinway IS a large store!

And The Clubs are coming..

WORLD on Newtown Ave is looking for someone

to rent it out for nights

and then there's that Guido place

BLISS on Queens Plaza

yeah steinway is getting there, with a starbucks, victoria's secret, GAP, and now an Express. that is all good, but i wish they had a banana store (for the trendy part in me), but generally I like stores that sell big pants and cool t-shirts. And currently, the smaller stores on Steinway are being influenced by a different culture , lol. World? that place is small, and not really a club, lol. regardless, astoria is cool :D