Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Should I Buy?

well, now that im not goin to cancun for spring break anymore, i got all that money i saved up, and now is a great time to go buy my turntables. i know i want the tech 1200s, but i was also lookin at the vestax pdx-2000. they're a little cheaper, but do they compare? keep in mind, this will be my first pair of tables, since ive been spinnin cd's since i started dj'in, so idk if i wanna go with the top fo the line right away.

also, what needles should i get that are reasonable?

thanx :D

LOL....i cancelled my spring break plans 4 tha same reason, xtcgspot! now there''s 2 brothers who got loads of ca$h waiting to get turntables!

I sold my american pro dj dual cd w/mixer last year, for my new ride, a 91 jeep wrangler

I'm intersted in getting some new electronics, but i'm looking to save for either a groovebox (Roland) or a kaoss pad (slick shit)

FYI, tech 1200's rock! everyone i know that;'s got a pair loves them.

maybe this link will help you out...it's an online catalog:

www.idjnow.com

Hope it helps, and keep strong, dude!

~GMc

i got tech 1200's and they are the fuckin best things man... i love them.. when i first started out i was on gemini's and tehn when i upgraded it was like night and day difference.. i would definatly tell you to get the techs if u dont mind spendin close to a grand for them....

gmc..i also got a kaoss pad.. i got it on my numakr em 260 mixer built in, and let me tell you...it is awesome!!! i play around with it all the time and im still finding new and sick shit to do with it. i just wanna get my pioneer efx machine and im good to go.

hope i helped.

peace out

gianni

I forgot what you said you spin ,its house or trance right...

Personaly I love my 1200's.. 1200's have a prove life long technology that you can't get from Vestax. :) The vestax has some nice features I do admit that you can't get in the 1200's like changing the beat without changing the pitch .......

For needles what price category are you looking into? If you want to go all out deff. get the Ortofon nighclubs. They are the best for sitting right in the groove of your records = not killing them as fast.. I have the SC35C's by Shure that I love because I scratch.. :0 Every type of dj needs different needles..

XTC- If you're only spinning CD's now, why switch mediums. My suggestion is a pair of Pioneer CDJ-1000's. They'll do everything a turntable will do and tons more.

If you're looking for a Kaos Pad, DO NOT get the Numark EM series mixer. You're better off getting the pad as a stand alone unit. You'll have more control of your effects PLUS you aren't going to be stuck with a crappy mixer.