Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Car Question

Well, let's see...I see there are a few car buffs out there and my Nissan Sentra needs some work. I just took it in for window tinting today and it looks hot (mirror fade, sick!). Well, here goes. My brakes on this 1999 Nissan Sentra aren't anti-lock and I've encountered a few problems because of this, namely in the rain at traffic lights. No accidents as of yet, thank god. Well, I'd like to know if it's possible to add an anti-lock system to the car or change the brakes or whatever. Also, I'm curious as to what the cost would be. So, if you think you can offer me some advice, lemme know. Thanks.

i have yet to see a kit thats adds on ABS

sorry

try uprading the diameter of your brake discs and/or using high performance pads

real "all-season" tires work too, especially goodyear aquasteel, pirelli p7000 supersport, and dunlop sp 5000 tires

as far as costs go....it shouldnt be that terrible. my car was expensive to fix the brakes but thats a whole other story

the tires will run at least $100 each, maybe less on the dunlops

you could try getting all the parts from the ABS version of your car... but thats a huge pain in the ass/costly....

Your best bet is like he said, nice rotors/pads, you may even want new rims w/new tires.... Bigger rims = better handling....

I mean, you can spend 15G on brakes/wheels/tires alone... it all depends on what you want to do/how much you want to spend...

. .Not TOO big on the rims there. . there's nothing more assinine than seeing a NA civic with 18 inch rims . . on the sentra, I'd get some nice forged volk racing sixteens. . The smaller wheel size with the rubber will make for a better balance between straightline accel and cornering ability. . they're kinda pricey, but worth it cause they're forged and REALLY light . . but for the money, I'd check out some 17" Enkei RS6's, they look fresh, will perform well and aren't too expensive . .

Originally posted by phuturephunk

. .Not TOO big on the rims there. . there's nothing more assinine than seeing a NA civic with 18 inch rims . . on the sentra, I'd get some nice forged volk racing sixteens. . The smaller wheel size with the rubber will make for a better balance between straightline accel and cornering ability. . they're kinda pricey, but worth it cause they're forged and REALLY light . . but for the money, I'd check out some 17" Enkei RS6's, they look fresh, will perform well and aren't too expensive . .

17" rims with 13" rotors are a nice way to go...