Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Message from Made Events about Sasha & Digweed @ Cipriani

The event at Cipriani 42nd Street last Wednesday, Nov 21st was to be a celebration of the return to NYC of Sasha and John Digweed with Jimmy Van M. To most people it was just that. The venue was spectacular and we received much acclaim on the music, visuals and laser. Both Sasha and John felt it was the best date of the tour by far and many people in attendance said it was the best event they had attended this year.

The situation outside the venue from roughly 11:00 PM until 2:00 am however was not at all what we intended. The security screening at the door was handled improperly by personnel that were obviously ill prepared and inexperienced at handling ticket holders in a timely and professional manner. We would like to extend our sincere apologies to all whose spirits were dampened by the security personnel and the long wait caused by them.

As an event producer, there are sometimes unforeseen problems when going into a new venue for the first time. While no security team could have eliminated the wait entirely (remember the lines at Twilo) the long wait some ticket holders had to endure was completely unwarranted. We all understand that in light of the events of recent times we must make adjustments and security measures need to be tightened. Unfortunately the security firm which we had to hire in order to satisfy the venue's concerns did not make adjustments in a very practical manner.

This organization will always strive to put on events of the highest caliber. Events that are precedent setting. Obviously, hindsight is twenty/twenty and needless to say, the unfortunate aspects of Nov 21st will not be repeated. Furthermore we are always open to comments or suggestions from our customers and will always listen to any concern or complaint so as to constantly improve upon what we offer to you. Please feel free to send us your thoughts, questions or suggestions to: events@maderecords.com.

Thank you very much.

I mean, what other promoters in the world do you know that care about their customers as much?

Who else would solicit comments and input?

Made Events just wants to make the next party better...and wants to listen to the music lovers that make everything possible.

are furnace and fjy the same peeps???

they do an excellent job and whenever I emailed him 3 times with questions n he always responds pretty quick..i'm absolutly sure he did the best he could..fjy is DA MAN!!he's the one that's been bringin out all the diff djs to vynil n he hasn't let the flame die out in nyc after twilo closed down..much respect goes out to made records, fjy and furnace

Please even though they said they were sorry. The promoters are probably sitting on the beach drinking vodka and tonics. Laughing at all the money they collected. I can not believe they have the nerve to say they are sorry about the security. When security had no problem letting the people in that didn't buy a ticket in advance.

If this promotion company had any heart. They wouldn't write this nonsense and blame it on the security. And to top it off they try to compare it to twilo wait on line. Well I don't have a problem waiting in line for a club if the club is full or they can't move the people in quick enough, but the crap they pulled last weekend. Is typical of promoters.

I like to than MIKE B for pulling it off and making the fans think that you are nice.

Thanks,

Clubber

Originally posted by ck516

Please even though they said they were sorry. The promoters are probably sitting on the beach drinking vodka and tonics. Laughing at all the money they collected. I can not believe they have the nerve to say they are sorry about the security. When security had no problem letting the people in that didn't buy a ticket in advance.

If this promotion company had any heart. They wouldn't write this nonsense and blame it on the security. And to top it off they try to compare it to twilo wait on line. Well I don't have a problem waiting in line for a club if the club is full or they can't move the people in quick enough, but the crap they pulled last weekend. Is typical of promoters.

I like to than MIKE B for pulling it off and making the fans think that you are nice.

Thanks,

Clubber

:rolleyes: This is actually one of the very few apologies i have ever seen from a promoter before.

Thanks,

Clubber

Try not to be such a cynic. If you read the post, you will see this is not a case of blame-shifting but rather an attmept to explain and apologize for unforseen circumstances. Don't think thr promoters are rolling in money, if you do you're sorely mistaken. I've come to know a few promoters over the past year and *none* of them are making great money, most have day jobs...

The money comes from making us happy... They're not 'pulling crap', to do so is to sign their own death warrant.

I understand you were frustrated, angry, and disappointed. I understand you seem to want to crucify someone, but realize mistakes happen. And that's all that happened, a mistake.

And these guys were decent enough to recognize that and apologize. Not everyone would do that. Accept it for what it was and move on with your life.

peace out.

e

Originally posted by vision

are furnace and fjy the same peeps???

they do an excellent job and whenever I emailed him 3 times with questions n he always responds pretty quick..i'm absolutly sure he did the best he could..fjy is DA MAN!!he's the one that's been bringin out all the diff djs to vynil n he hasn't let the flame die out in nyc after twilo closed down..much respect goes out to made records, fjy and furnace

Thanx Vision. I am not fjy, by the way. fjy is the the man, I'm just spreadin' the good word. Thanks for coming out to support the parties. As you know, with the Giuliani crackdown on nightlife, throwing regular club events has become a bit more difficult.

Keep comin' to Vinyl...December's gonna be a CRAZY month...

Dec 8: Satoshi Tomiie and Anthony Pappa

Dec 15: Deep Dish

Dec 22: Surprise Guest

Dec 31: New Year's with Danny Howells

Werd!

Thanks,

Clubber

As Petrol said, there is much going on behind the scenes, alot of work to make special events like this happen. So don't assume that the promoters are "sitting on the beach drinking vodka and tonics" because I assure you we're not. Petrol is right again when he reveals that most of us have day jobs. We do this for the love of the music.

In addition, no matter what was charged for tickets, no one made any money. That is because ALL THE PROCEEDS (all the money left after paying Cipriani, light guys, sound guys, staff, security, and Sasha & Digweed) are going to the Twin Towers Fund set up by the mayor.

ck516: Why don't you come to one of our next parties at Vinyl, and see what the crowd and the vibe is about. If the promoters were in it just for the money, would they really bring such top DJ's to a club with no liquor license?