Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thanksgiving eve danny tenaglia in nyc review (just got back)!

weyes

all right, kids, i was in new york over thanksgiving; i'm sure you've missed my endless prattling :) . so, i finally experienced "the danny," as some obsessive fans are known to say, and the night overall was grand :D .

when i got to sound factory at about 2, the music was quite disappointing to me and danny was already on, so i was worried. but my friend and i figured we'd dance anyway, and i hoped i'd just get into the mood... but then the music turned tribal and i was quite pleased. the night was trouble-free all after that.

i finally got to hear that "pretty soon we'll all be completely twisted..." sample that i've seen written here dozens of times (always wanted to hear that), a nicely sampled human league song, and when danny played his depeche mode remix of "i feel loved," i was completely won over.

somewhere around 8am someone in the most beautiful turkey costume (lovely feathers, felt legs, even that thingy that hangs from above one's beak) came strutting around on a platform. then out came danny, wearing sunglasses, a chef's hat, and an apron that read "be yourself." he grinned, raised a knife, and violently, repeatedly, mock-stabbed the poor bird as the latter flailed around on the floor. we all went nuts.

the party went till noon, at which time turkey was to be served, but even hardcore weyes couldn't make it till then. i left at 11:20, as the heating trays were being set up. and as my friend and i were getting our coats, someone was just checking his in for the feast. :)

hope everyone had a great turkey day! :D