Who hates HIP HOP!!??

Guest funkysoul

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by tymathis

:hey:

What can i say but i grew up listening to hip hop. I really find it hard for all these haters on this board to deny the fact they've never liked a hip hop song. Look at the the music, both sorta use repetetive loops in them, (Hip Hop and Dance/Techno) HASN't THEIR ever even been ONE hip hop beat you thought was CATCHY?

Me personally over the past three years i've definetely strayed away from Hip Hop, I'm not the fan i once was. House music just elevated me to a new level that hip hop could not. But i can still appreciate good hip hop. OH and in dancing wise, i can surely fucking still get down to Hip Hop.

Hip Hop is still very much party of the club world, it will always be. And its presence is certainly felt in the rave world as well. I've seen KRS-one at parties (mc ing to some drum and bass) I've seen Buju Banton DJing in Boston (well he more reggae) but ya know its like everyone's GETTING A PART OF IT. WERE ALL UNITED TO DANCE, HAVE A GOOD TIME BOOGIE DOWN. CAN't KNOCk a WHOLE MUSICAL GENRE JUST CUZ certain listeners of it START FIGHTS, its just not right.

anyways.........HOUSE music still conquers all, but Hip Hop you keep doing thing aieght , ITS TOO DIFFERENT CULTURES resepect one another

THANK YOU!!

I was gonna say something but you took the words out of my mouth!

People can be so ignorant sometimes! :mad:

Personally hip hop does reach into my soul and move anything. Trance, techno, and house do.

I am not saying hip-hop is bad. It is very much what I think of as "party style" music. You want to get down and have a good time, hip hop is alright. The thing about hip hop that I object to is the gangster posturing that goes with it. This is a very negative facet that is displayed by too many of the artists and fans. It is something that helps to destroy it's crdibility with the public and in the media.

I buy hip hop that is popular because I am a DJ that has to appeal to many different people depending on what my audience is.

That said my preferred audience is forward looking intelligent peeps.

If you want to be elevated to a different plane, transported out of your every day existance trance, techno, and house will take you there.

Honestly, I can't stand Hip Hop.

The music, as much as there may be talent involved, just does not appease to me whatsoever. The culture involved, no matter how influential it may be, also doesn't really elevate itself much from the music, I think. I mean, I pretty much attribute Hip Hop, R&B, etc...to my reluctance to ever dance at a party anywhere...

If I may add, it's rather annoying to have a large black man...well, large man in general...hell, large woman even, scream the word "DANGER" into my ears at point blank range everywhere I go...

Then there's........

Arrested Development - "Tennesee"

If anyone still remembers this track... Now THIS one had some feel to it, no stupid attitude, no annoying hype oriented CRAP, just some good danceable

IMHO, just because there's skill and popularity behind the music, doesn't mean it makes the music enjoyable.

Originally posted by laraver

I buy hip hop that is popular because I am a DJ that has to appeal to many different people depending on what my audience is.

That said my preferred audience is forward looking intelligent peeps.

If you want to be elevated to a different plane, transported out of your every day existance trance, techno, and house will take you there.

Are you're saying the peeps that aren't intelligent listen to hip-hop?

Sounds like it to me!

Different plane huh? Hip-hop, reggae or ANY type of music that I consider as good can take me there...

Think before you say shit like that!

Originally posted by xpander

If I may add, it's rather annoying to have a large black man scream the word "DANGER" into my ears at point blank range everywhere I go...

Its not just black people that do this u know. Its not just black people that listen to hip hop either.

Originally posted by kaligirl

Originally posted by xpander

If I may add, it's rather annoying to have a large black man scream the word "DANGER" into my ears at point blank range everywhere I go...

Its not just black people that do this u know. Its not just black people that listen to hip hop either.

See my correction above....I figured some people wouldn't get this...it's in reference to a specific song that i end up hearing everywhere, ergo large black man.

Those of you who knows the track knows what i mean, if you don't , then none of this would make any sense. Just take my word for it.

Originally posted by clubgodraver

but hip hop music if you actually listen ot the lyrics does promote hate and violence...

Uh, listen to some Tribe, Mos Def, Roots, or De La Soul...they keep their lyrics off the violent tip...

Like many people on this board, I grew up listening to hip-hop and have strayed away for a bit. And I thank god that I did. It opened my tastes to classic rock, electronica, and other genres of music. It's been ages since I bought a hip-hop cd (I think Mos Def and Enimem were the last ones I bought) but I still listen to hip-hop every now & then.

I think that Jay-Z song were he disses Nas and samples the Doors "Five to One" is pretty clever. And I went to the Rocksteady Hip-Hop Concert this summer (which was free) and there were no incidents of violence...one can't generalize a whole culture on a few rotten apples. Just my $.02

Originally posted by spragga25

Are you're saying the peeps that aren't intelligent listen to hip-hop?

Sounds like it to me!

Different plane huh? Hip-hop, reggae or ANY type of music that I consider as good can take me there...

Think before you say shit like that!

Certainly not all people who listen to hip hop are not intelligent. But what is the image that hip hop artists, music videos, etc put forth into the public domain.

Is it one of intelligence or does it celebrate ho's, pimps, gangstas, thugs, etc? Does it seek to be forward looking or does it seek to inspire us to down a 40? Does hip hop inspire tears on the dancefloor or drivebyes outside the club?

Trance and techno on the other hand seek to transport you through the irresistible rhythm, synth loops and arppegiated keyboard work in the same manner that shamen transport themselves during tribal rituals. That is why many people label trance and techno as being "modern primitive" The beats per minute of the music used by shamen all across the world and multiple cultures (Native Americans, Africans, Australian Aborigines, Alaskan Aleut Eskimoes)are very close if not the same number of beats per minute found in trance and techno music.

These beats are inside your genetic memories, they are universally shared across all cultures. That is why trance and techno, more than any other music is universally accepted around the world. It's acceptance is not hindered by the barriers of language and specific words.

Hip Hop is very popular, but it's acceptance is hindered by the very words that define it. It's in english and not all cultures speak english or can connect with lexicon of rap. They don't necessarily understand what a 40, ho, crib, or many other words that are a part of the integral vocabulary of rap.

I think hip hop is now bigger then ever

the underground is still rocking also

even though I don't listen to hip hop as much as I did back when i was in HS, it still gets a rating of a 9

as for people saying hip hop is garbage b/c it promotes violence and drug use. It's been like this since the early 80's in the south bronx, the ryhmes are about hardships in the ghetto. Some people can understand, some can never.

hip hop is the spoken werd of the ghetto and graffiti is the written werd of the ghetto

I recently got into hip hop again b/c the underground is really blowing up, check this out two verses one from jay z and one from nasty nas (a board member actually has this for his signiture)

jigga comes on strong

”---“you's the fa9 model for Karl Kani & Esco's azz/ used to be Nasty Nas/ now you Esco's trash/ had a spark when you started/ but now you're just garbage/ fell from the top 10/ to not being mentioned at all/ tell your bodyguard his "Oochie Wally" verse's better than yours/ matter fact, you had the worst verse on the whole fuking song/ your lame career's come to an end/ it's only so long fake thugs can pretend/ I showed you your first Tec on tour with Large Professor/ then I heard your album 'bout your Tec on the dresser/ So, yeah, I sampled your voice/ you were using it wrong/ you made it a hot line/ I made it a hot song/ and you ain't get a coin/ you was getting fuked then/ I know who I paid god, Serchlight Publishing/ Use your brain/ you said you been in this ten/ I been in it five, so smarten up Nas/ Four albums in ten years, ni99a, I can divide/ that's one every/ let's say two/ two of them ****s was doo/ one was ehhhhh/ the other was Illmatic/ that's a one hot album every ten year average/ and that's so lame/ ni99a, switch up your flow, that shi+ is garbage/ what, you tryin' to kick knowledge/ y'all *****z gon' learn to respect the king/ don't be the next contestant on that Summer Jam screen/ because you-know-who, did you-know-what, with you-know-who, let's keep that between me and you."

nas lashes back HARD

Ma, I'm sorry who the fuk I am/I can't trust my fams/outta luck, no constructive plans/my friends stay powdered up/I'm so drunk can't stand/you said if I would sober up/I would be a powerful man/Turned out the street life/you prayed I wouldn't/but every church in the world/can't save our children.../Ny City, grab a hold n ride wit me/Rip the freeway/shoot through Memphis with money bags/stop in philly/order cheese steaks/and eat BEANS fast/and bring it back up top/Remove the fake King of New York/you show off/I count dough off/when ya sampled my voice/I ruled you before you used to rap like the Fu-Schnickens/Nas designed ya blueprint/who ya kiddin/is he h-to-the-izz-o-M-to-the-izz-o/fa shizzle, you phony/the rappin version of sisqo.../since illmatic, It was written,I am, Nastradamus/thats the answer to the puzzle i gave you/now here's a promise/my next few albums instead of projects/there'll be a difficult test inside the cover/for the minds optic/come in my hood/but bring the guns wit you its dark/headed through Brooklyn, QUEENS, harlem, staten, Bronx/headed through compton, oak-town/south central and watts/New Orleans and Mississippi/chi-town, every block/I'm tryin to have my positive ways/I put my rhymes on page/dead crime sand headlines on stage/I signed a contract, so here it is have it/streets disciple I'm stillmatic..............

there it is

I love rap music ( the old rap music, that is). Since 1996/1997 I haven't been listening to it. There is hardly any real fucking talent being signed to major labels, and those that are signed suck balls. Watching DMX on TRL with a hundred fucking teeny boppers surrounding him has made me realize that rap has changed; what was once a beautiful and pure expression of street life and art has now become a poor excuse for music. Now, the music caters to a totally different crowd of young suburbanites that have no idea how the music gained it's respectability. The same mediums that have helped rap gain it's popularity (such as MTV) are also responsible for making it the shitty genre of music that it has now become. The rappers that are emerging on the scene right now are sad; the beats they rap to are fucking weak. There is no flava left in rap music. It is far too commercialized, and those who really appreciate true rap music are left wondering where the talent is. I am sure there are underground rappers out there that remain true to the beautiful art form that hip hop was. I am not aware of the artists that actually have talent (who usually don't get signed). I am only aware of the pure shit that is being pushed in my face every time I turn on the radio and television, or walk into a music store; nothing but pure fucking ignorance and tastelesness.

The last rap album I actually felt was Slick Rick's "The Art of Storytelling." That is TRUE fucking flava, skill, and magic. I can't really be too hard on rap music; much like many forms of entertainment, it has its stages.

I stick with old rap, however. That is where the talent is. Rap music only seems to be getting worse, and it is hardly worth listening to anymore.

i don't like Hip hop AT ALLLLLL!!!!

since the vibe of it does not appeal to me...neither do the people that listen to it...and i hate the beat...I need Pure Energy...you know like Trance and House

I find hip hop beats "DARK" reminds me of ugly places..my imagination see's ugly pictures...

With Trance and house its uplifting..great pictures of beauty...

but to each it own as long as they don't try to influence me or come to me hop hopped out...

Because this here is a House Head and a Raver and I stay true to my tunes since the early 90's....

If i can't rave to it..i am not listening to it...unless i can sleep to it...:D :D :D

this is hip- hop :blown::knife::gas::splat::chainsaw::yuck::biggun:

Originally posted by rudeboyyouth

I stick with old rap, however. That is where the talent is. Rap music only seems to be getting worse, and it is hardly worth listening to anymore.

Yes.. Rap has changed. Listen to Nas - Illmatic and then listen to Nas - Nastradamus. He's catering to a totaly different crowd. Listen to Jay Z - Resonable Doubt, and then listen to Blueprint.

:blown:

personally, any genre of music will have some talent, even country. same for hiphup/rap/etc . i will say this, i personally dont like 95-98% of hip hopp, the fact that this bullshit gangster attitude is attached to it. this attitude and outlook on life is like

"shit, what the fuck is a book? wheres my bitch and my nine?" it retards the braincells. secondly, dancewise, i cant move to it, boring beats, absolutely no element of hedonism and shallow baselines. i just cant get that feeling on the dancefloor like i can from say S+D or Danny Tenaglia. stuff like Outcast i could listen to, but puffy diddy, je-llo, ice pick and Q-tip?? what the fuck is a Q-tip? cant listen to that shit, sorry. only my personal opinion

It's kind unfair to say 'Hip-hop' sucks. Seems primarily the people on this board are into trance,progressive house, etc. I rarely see posts about hip-hip club and so on. I'm into all of the above. I also love drum'n'bass and 2-step as well which has elements of hip-hop in it.

I like hip-hop, I'm from Brooklyn and growing up here its hard not to here it all the time. I love dancing to hip-hop as well, you can get a certain closeness and certain sexual rhythm when dancing to it.

What I do I hate is the new rap that Cash Money, Jay-Z, Ludricous all play. All the same shit, about how great they are, how much 'ice' they got, much, same ole' shit. Gangsta rap was decent, old skool rocks.

I'm more into the Roots, Arrested Development, Tribe Called Quest etc. Izzy Bar just finished a great undergroup freestyle hip-hop party called 'Real Live Show' that was every Tuesday. Too bad its gone, it had such a great vibe, no thugged out feeling that you get in most major clubs that spin hip-hop.

I will say it's hard to find a place that plays good hip-hop, with a great crowd that isn't too thugged out. I agree that a certain element does follow places that play just hip-hop.

Just my $.02.

Originally posted by laraver

Certainly not all people who listen to hip hop are not intelligent. But what is the image that hip hop artists, music videos, etc put forth into the public domain.

Is it one of intelligence or does it celebrate ho's, pimps, gangstas, thugs, etc? Does it seek to be forward looking or does it seek to inspire us to down a 40? Does hip hop inspire tears on the dancefloor or drivebyes outside the club?

Trance and techno on the other hand seek to transport you through the irresistible rhythm, synth loops and arppegiated keyboard work in the same manner that shamen transport themselves during tribal rituals. That is why many people label trance and techno as being "modern primitive" The beats per minute of the music used by shamen all across the world and multiple cultures (Native Americans, Africans, Australian Aborigines, Alaskan Aleut Eskimoes)are very close if not the same number of beats per minute found in trance and techno music.

These beats are inside your genetic memories, they are universally shared across all cultures. That is why trance and techno, more than any other music is universally accepted around the world. It's acceptance is not hindered by the barriers of language and specific words.

Hip Hop is very popular, but it's acceptance is hindered by the very words that define it. It's in english and not all cultures speak english or can connect with lexicon of rap. They don't necessarily understand what a 40, ho, crib, or many other words that are a part of the integral vocabulary of rap.

Not every rap artist raps about these things ( 40's, ho's, ice and whatever) Not all rappers are wanna be thugs either. Alot of these guys did grow up in the streets and rap about their life and what they know. How can u condem someone for that? It sucked that people sterotype hip hop in this way. As for trance and techno that carries a sterotype to it as well. (People that listin to this music do drugs) The clubs that play this music are just "E" clubs. I know that peole get all pissed off when thier music is talked about like that. I know that is not true as well as I know thats the sterotype of hip hop is not true. SO what is the point?? People like what they like and others have no business talking shit about something that they really don't know alot about.

Originally posted by spragga25

I am not gonna comment anymore about most (not all) of these IGNORANT RACIST POSTS about hip-hop...DON'T THINK ONE GENRE OF MUSIC IS BETTER THAN ANOTHER BECAUSE IT'S SHEER IGNORANCE.......Fucking Assholes:mad: :mad:

I hear ya. Damm ignorant people!!