Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Groove Jet Party - this Friday........

purpleindigo

.......Friday 11/30/01

The legendary Groove jet returns to Miami to celebrate the continued success of naive - the party which started with Lee Cakebread @ Groove Jet back in 1999.

The party will be held in the Blue Room @ Level and DJ Lee Cakebread will be banging out the best in European Hard house.

Comp admission B4 midnight with RSVP Email.

Open bar 10pm - 11pm

Groove Jet CD give-a-ways all night

Level

1235 Washington Avenue MB 33139

e: mail@purpleindigo.com

We appreciate your reply. Not everyone understands UK Hard House. We personally are not the greatest progressive fans.

However, we are the only guys on SoBe offering something unique - and we have stuck to our guns since 1999. Lee is not everyones cup of tea - but bar Shadow Lounge - he takes the roof off everywhere he spins. Liquid, Opium Garden, Fuel and of course now Level (Not forgetting his sets @ MOS & Privilege).

Dj's tend to stick to a style, and that is what Lee has done. I'm sure if you thought that Sasha was terrible that you wouldn't suggest he changed his style.

As for the Howells mess - we were doing a hard house night and Shadow were booking DJ's regardless - we didn't even know the Danny was playing progressive. So Lee played a Hard House warm up - unknowingly.

Oh well - thank you for your constructive critisism. It left a horrible taste in our mouth, Geez, you'd think.............

I'll be honest here. Lee's a friend of mine, and I know Purpleindigo too, so you can call my remarks biased. I've caught Lee before I knew him, and I think he is talented with the style he drops. I've had the opportunity to also hear him do other styles, and he can keep up. Yeah, hard house isn't everyone's cup of tea. I see it as a fun genre, something you just find a group of friends and dance your collective asses off to.

It's understandable Purpleindigo, variety is the spice of life. There was no disrespect intended in my post, just my experiences when he has spun. True that some people dont understand UK Hard House, I do, however it's not my cup of tea. I think it's great that your offering something different, it's positive and there is no wrong doing. I actually am in favor of it and think that more club's should cater to different styles of music. I just want to let you know that at no point did I ever suggest that Lee would change his style? who am I to post such a thing? not true, I just simply think that if knowing Howells was going to be there, he would give a much smoother segway to open up for him, even that last two tracks. I wasnt aware that Lee went in there oblivious, but then again, I would think that the club by all mean's will let him know who's spinning with him? someone or something is wrong there. I apologize for any hard feelings.