Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is anyone here in Law School??

I'm a 3L at Fordham Law. The first year absolutely sucks unless you already know the system i.e., know someone close to you that went to law school and can give you the skinny on how to be successful in law school--know how to take law school exams, you don't have to be a genius, just know how to take these exams; they are very different from college exams. That being said, it will be one of the most pressure filled years of your life. If your social life doesn't suck at this point, you must be doing something wrong. Just consider that your job prospects are determined by what school you go to, and your class ranking from first year (an impressive resume helps, but grades tend to be the backbreaker with law firms). Also consider that with starting salaries for lawyers in large New York law firms (500+ attorneys) hovering around $125k-$140k a year not including bonus, it's going to be even more competitive by the time you start. Applications at law schools are increasing with the slowing economy. Second year is a pain in the neck because hopefully you're interviewing at law firms for jobs and have to maintain your grades at the same time. You will work hard, but not as hard as first year cause you know the system by then. Third year is a total blowoff (I barely go to class anymore) unless you don't have a job lined up at that point, in which case it's time to consider a new career path. That's a brief summary of law school. If you have more detailed questions just message me.

Im a senior at Fordham Lincoln Center and I just started applying to law schools in the city...

joeyb: If you want more information about law schools and their programs, pick up US News guide to grad schools. It just came out on news stands and has all kinds of useful info.

Deeprock: I just applied to Fordham Law. Dont think that my chances of getting in there are that great (not so hot lsat score). I know they are competetive, but Im wondering if you have any insight about their criteria...pm if you have any useful info for me. thanx

Originally posted by asianvixen

125k-140k?!?!?!?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Where do I sign up??? Or get introduced to some your friends?;)

LOL :D

I am going to try and work hard to get into a good law school, but we will see what develops. I just wish I knew someone personally that goes to law school.

Originally posted by darcoleo

Grow some breasts and walk around in pink with a stupid fuckin chiuauha all day and you could go to Harvard Law according to Reese Witherspoon, stupid movie.

stupid movie, lol.....it was slightly funny - which is why it made like what, $80 million or sumthin? The movie actually made me more ambitious - meaning i could prove all of the people I know, wrong, by wanting to succeed in my life through an outlet that many people do not consider myself capable of. This is all because while I was in high school, I always cut and showed little academic interest - but that has changed now in college. I know I am not dumb, just lazy. :D