Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i finally went to the guggenheim!!!

after living here for three years i finally checked it out. very cool. on fridays you can get in free starting at 6 p.m. and they have live music...yesterday was a brazillian jazz group. i got there early and checked out the exhibits and it was nice, but once the music started, it added so much to the experience. you can buy drinks & food and chill. very relaxing and a great way to see the museum for free. there was a good crowd w/ a mix of artists, tourists, and corporate types. do any other museums have this kind of free deal? i wanna go to the met!

Originally posted by shugabooga

after living here for three years i finally checked it out. very cool. on fridays you can get in free starting at 6 p.m. and they have live music...yesterday was a brazillian jazz group. i got there early and checked out the exhibits and it was nice, but once the music started, it added so much to the experience. you can buy drinks & food and chill. very relaxing and a great way to see the museum for free. there was a good crowd w/ a mix of artists, tourists, and corporate types. do any other museums have this kind of free deal? i wanna go to the met!

museums rock!

but i've to get my ass around again....haven't gone in a while.

This whole din din bar's kinda new though.....think i'll check it out!

Guggenheim, Met, MOMA.......

yummmm..............

hey! where were you last night? didn't see you at float!

........um......

sitting at work till 9......

sucks ass.....

HAVEN'T SEEN YOU SINCE AUGUST!

go museum hopping with ya sounds good though....

we should organize a little trip.....hehehe

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

Did you see the model of the Music Learning Center they are building in Spain. I think there was a US city getting it too. I can't wait till they build the Gug on the East River.

i didn't see it. it's at the guggenheim? UES or Soho?

have any of you guys ever been to the New Museum of Contemorary Art? I don't know where it is but i read an article about an exhib it there that I want to check out.

Originally posted by cotoncandydream

UES on Museum Row. when you are walking up the Slopped Rotunda 4th Floor.

i missed that somehow. as for the new guggenheim, i don't know anything about it except what it looks like...i'm not crazy about it...i'd prefer something a little sleeker...like the Bilboa Guggenheim - that's beautiful!

holy cow i can't believe you'd never been!

did you get to see any work by my favorite artist,

KANDINSKY? (his stuff is 'hidden' towards the upper

third of the spiral)