Clubplanet Nightlife Community

where ????????????????

hetyey225

OK, I am from north jersey/NY and have been down here for a while but never go into philly so lets see if you guys can help me. I am looking to go over with some people and need some places. I am looking for 2 types, 1 alternative and I meen like violent femes style, 2 I am looking for a MIXED hip-hop club. what I meen is I DO want to hear REAL hip hop (not the stuff they play in alot of clubs) but I am looking for a mixed crowd. any help would be great (PLEASE!!). thanks people.

peace

hetyey225

p.s. by mixed I mean age too.

Might be tough to find a mixed hip-hop crowd unless you go to the hip-hop room of a normal club (Shampoo has a room called the velvet lounge that tends to play "real" hip-hop). I'd check out Adrenaline (formerly Babylon), but that is NOT a mixed crowd for the most part. I'm not sure if "La Gran Manzana" is still open, but that was a hip-hop club next to Babylon.

As far as alternative music goes. Your best bet is probably Chemistry (in Manayunk) or Maui/Cobalt (Delaware Ave.), or something of the like. It isn't straight Top 40, but it is remixed Top 40 for the most part, and they mix some of the more popular Hip-Hop in there. Personally, I avoid these places like the plague because they attract the usual "fratty" crowd, but whatever your scene is that's cool.

I know there are a ton of other hip-hop/reggae clubs in philly, but I haven't been to them, so maybe someone else can add to this post.