Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Racial Profiling @EXIT?

I just recently started a guestlist at EXIT.My representitive ,who is of hispanic decent was not let in. He was wearing proper attire, did not look like a gangbanger or a latin king. He was with a black friend ogf his and 4 spanish girls. He informed the JERK at the door that he was a promoters rep and displayed our business card. DID NOT GET IN!!!However, several white folk who were in blue jeans got in without hassle... I get an email from 4 young ladies, spanish girls who stated they were not let in EXIT..They then went over to Sound Factory and were let right in...WHATS GOING ON HERE??? Anyone with similiar experiences, please lmk ASAP....Thanks

The so called 'racial profiling' at NYC clubs in ironic because whites are minority in the city.

one of my friend, who is italian from brooklyn went to college in the south for a year and he told me people didn't think of him as white.

well the owners are white. the cashiers are white, the rope handlers are white. and what kinda music is on the main floor? see where this is going? and yea. it's all about connections...

p.s. can i tag along next time with your black friend? he doesn't need 4 spanish ladies does he?? spare me one. :)

I don't really go to EXIT, don't like it nor hate it. Been there 2 or 3 times maybe.

HOWEVER, I have been on this board a while, and this is definitely not the first time something like this has happened. There has been several large debates about racism at EXIT. Back in the day, they were profiling out many Asians. I have seen this happen.

So, I guess to answer you question, yes, there are lots of people who have experienced this before.

Good luck...

Originally posted by tony2000

Well Exit has the right to refuse/deny enrty into there club,Sound Factory has the same policy as well.But then again this happens on the straight nites,so much fucking drama.

Not to get bogged down in a legal discussion, but even though those clubs have the right to allow or deny entry, they arguably cannot do so on the basis of race. They'd probably be subject to the antidiscrimination laws even though they are a private entity. The problem is that denial on the basis of race is tough to prove. And it's doubtful that clubbers are lining up to file a class action lawsuit. Case in point, a black friend of mine wasn't let in to SF because he was "too casual". Gimme a fuckin break, too casual at SF? Then two seconds later they let in three juiceheads wearing denim shorts and combat boots. We went across the street to cool off and figure out what to do. A bouncer (who happened to be black) crosses the street to tell us we have to clear out. I confronted him about it because our group was from out of town and I didn't want my freinds to have THAT impression of New York clubs. His words to me were, and I quote "They're scared to death of hip hop in this place." Now what the F--- does that mean?!?!?!?!?!?! I was steamed. After three of my girls talked to Paris and explained that they were from out of town they let us in. But why all the hassle to get in in the first place? I think this happens to some extent at many clubs, not just SF and Exit. I'm certainly not picking on either of those clubs. It's unfortunate, but it's a fact of life. :rolleyes:

i;m not suprised taht exit didnt let in those poeple, because you gota consider what the job of those rope/door poeple are.. and thats to let in a select kind of poeple depending on there discrimination, unforintily for some poeple, they dont like some kinds of poeple there for there not let in. maybe your freind had a bad attidiauted with these door people also, and you know how door poeple are, they think they got mad power so they abuse it.. but you should reallly complain about any nightclub that refuses some poeple in, cuz there alllowed to and there tryin to keep the crowd a certain way

Exit trying to maintain a certain crowd? hmm.. you know they have a hip hop room right? Exit friday's hip hop room is one of the worst hip hop rooms i've been to. ALL THUGS and the room always has a wicked odor to it.

In general it's kind of hard to be picky with who you let in when you have a hip hop room and house on the same night. Factory fridays' about two years ago got away with it. Thats because no one in the hip hop room went to factory for it's hip hop really. It was mainly like a lounge for people to come and take a break from the main floor (this was when factory fridays were packed..)Anyways point being it is definetly racism. Factory on the

other-hand, is "looks" and/or a "attitude" that paris looks for.....

Oh and about your list at Exit.. hehehe don't bother... you most likely WILL NOT GET PAID correctly or at all for the numbers you do. Why don't you come down to Roxy tonight at 830 for the meeting on their new friday party starting in Dec.