Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Blue Room in Adams Morgan

malanee

Originally posted by malanee

I got dragged to the Blue Room on Friday and had a FABULOUS time. The dance floor is non-existent but the music is good and the DJs are yumm-a-licious! Has anyone else been?

yeah Ive been there a couple of times, good music and vibe, nice crowd....yeah the dj's are yumm-a-licious...oh, wait, I think I'm posting this on the wrong board ....:D :D :D

I used to go there a lot last year and early this year. It's a great place to hang with friends, especially if you get a couch. Most of the time I thought the djs were really good, though some nights they were just off. Have you ever been to Dragonfly? There's one dj there (looks like he's 15 or something) that's pretty good too (and the sushi is great!).

a list of underrated places in DC (this is before the door guy at luckybar "stole"my id):

Red:

Tom B and Saeed & Palash on on thurs, Sam the man burns on Sun (for free!). lovely vibe. on sundays, the deep house folks really know their shit

Andalu:

Tues or Wed (I forget), District Soul djs, excellent night again for good house music, but the crowd kinda sucks

Dragonfly:

good ambience. i liked the japanimation they projected allover. sushi's aight. atomspheric drum n bass, which i like. :)

Blue room:

"po man's 18th street lounge" according to my roommate. new dj's, hopefully. . .

Showboat:

i think it was thurs. or wed. night, they actualy had a techno event going consistently, don't know what its like now. . .

Kaffa house: had some 2-step and jungle parties in the past. . .you have to look for the right event. . .don't think its a weekly party

And I haven't been to this one yet but it looks sooo promising:

Chocolate Fridays at 14th Estate:

Casil brothers, sheila storms, dublogik, tim jackson all got rotating residencies at this new friday party for DC house lovers. They also brought in Miles Maeda (from Chicago!:D ) a few weeks ago

Originally posted by crank47

I used to go there a lot last year and early this year. It's a great place to hang with friends, especially if you get a couch. Most of the time I thought the djs were really good, though some nights they were just off. Have you ever been to Dragonfly? There's one dj there (looks like he's 15 or something) that's pretty good too (and the sushi is great!).

I shroomed my nuts off on one of the couches downstairs at Blue Room a few months ago. Sat there for hours just staring at the wall. I love that place. :D

Blue Room is one of my favorite bar/lounges to go to. My friends and I always go there as our backup if nothing else is going on.

I would like to follow up on scatchapella's list and add one more place which I really like in DC.

The Sanctuary @ Vicki's

located at 1928 9th Street, NW,

DJs Oji , Ron Trent , Pope , Sam "The Man" Burns, Doug "95 North" Smith usually spin there.

The disadvantage is that its a Friday night thingy, but I usually end up there when there is nothing good @ Buzz.

http://www.dcsanctuary.com/entrance.html

Originally posted by scratchapella

ohmahgawd, wait, when and how often does Ron Trent play there?! i thought he only had that residency in new york. yo, he is one of my favorites!!!!!

note to Kuro: pick up Ron Trent's Altered States album, a techno classic

Could this mean that there's actually some techno around here?

unfortuntately no, ron trent's produced lots of housey stuff used by detroit techno djs (altered states, getigetigetit!, this shit never fails, in fawking garage, club, rave, whereva!), his djing style's mostly house though . . .and since sam burns plays there, i'm guessing its another house party

scratch-

your right, its mostly house what they play there and the time Ron Trent spun there in the summer was his first time spinning in DC. They say that they will bring him back, hopefully it wil be sometime soon, 'cause the music was down right money that night.

The neat thing is that the DJ booth ..or table is at the same level than the dance floor so you can see him spinning and stuff, hell you can even talk to him while he's spinning..definitely the most intimate place I've been here in DC.

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Shady, I think "shroomed my nuts off" must be the funniest thing I've heard all week!!!

One time I was at the Edge and I was rolling hardcore. I asked this group of girls if they had seem my nuts. They were freaked out until I said. 'Yeah, I seemed to have rolled my nuts off earlier tonight, and now I can't find 'em. You seen 'em?' They got a good laugh. But I'm not sure if they laughed out of fright and were just trying to humor me to make me go away. :D

Shady, I think "shroomed my nuts off" must be the funniest thing I've heard all week!!!

One time I was at the Edge and I was rolling hardcore. I asked this group of girls if they had seen my nuts. They were freaked out until I said. 'Yeah, I seemed to have rolled my nuts off earlier tonight, and now I can't find 'em. You seen 'em?' They got a good laugh. But I'm not sure if they laughed out of fright and were just trying to humor me to make me go away. :D

I think I damaged him :laugh2: :laugh2:

But ya know what they say.. if you can't take the heat get out the kitchen!

Well between Blue Room and Modern I have quite some checkin' out to do!!

Hahhaa thats a good one, you damaged me, where was I?? Ohh the 26 second thing, yeah real funny, but if you really want heat I have a bonfire over here just waiting for one more outburst from you. I got all kinds of dirt on you, but lucky for you I am very nice, so I'll let you win this one!

Originally posted by shadygroovedc

One time I was at the Edge and I was rolling hardcore. I asked this group of girls if they had seen my nuts. They were freaked out until I said. 'Yeah, I seemed to have rolled my nuts off earlier tonight, and now I can't find 'em. You seen 'em?' They got a good laugh. But I'm not sure if they laughed out of fright and were just trying to humor me to make me go away. :D

That is quite the pick-up line!!:laugh: :laugh:

That is quite the pick-up line!!:laugh: :laugh:

I got a million variations. One time I got on my hands and knees on the dancefloor and pretended like I was looking for something. This girl was like 'You lose your contacts?'. I said, 'No, I rolled my nuts off. You wanna help me look for 'em?'