Clubplanet Nightlife Community

for someone who has taken accounting.....

Originally posted by trancend

i just found out that the teacher i have for accounting 2 gives multiple choice tests....how is that possible/what are they like do you any of you know?

not exaclty sure what u mean

if u wonder what kinds of questions, probably questions on theory, short math problems, procedures, and maybe a little bit on FASB/GAAP rules (if u get that far)

nyu stern

i just took a midterm shere the professor gave some mul;tiple choice questions

they were about mostly on conceptual stuff but a lot of them are like "what should X do if he wants to lower taxes this year or some shit like that" if he wants to test you on ratios he can also ask that in muplitple choice

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

nyu stern

i just took a midterm shere the professor gave some mul;tiple choice questions

they were about mostly on conceptual stuff but a lot of them are like "what should X do if he wants to lower taxes this year or some shit like that" if he wants to test you on ratios he can also ask that in muplitple choice

i'm in stern too.. who do you have for financial?

Originally posted by breakbeatz2

hipscher mon and wed at 8am

what year are you??

ahhhh i c..

yea he teaches a lot of the classes.. i'm tryign to get into financial statement analysis w/ him for next semester but its closed right now..

still debating whetehr to go after finance and econ since i can't do theory like i wanted to.. prolly just gonna do finance and cpa and go back for econ later or for my mba..

i'm a junior..

WHEN I WAS I N SCHOOL A FEW YEARS AGO, MOST OF MY ACCOUNTING EXAMS THAT WERE SCANT-RON WERE HARD AS HELL.. I GRADUATED WITH A B.S. IN ACCOUNTING, SO BELIEVE ME I TOOK THEM ALL THE CLASSES PEOPLE DREAD. BUT FOR THE MOST PART, EVER QUESTION THAT WAS MULTIPLE CHOICE ALL THE ANSWERS COULD BE CORRECT DEPENDING HOW YOU WENT ABOUT ANSWERING IT.. THESE TEACHERS ARE SMART, SO THEY KNOW THAT THEY TRICK YOU BY GIVING YOU CHOICES THAT MAKE SENSE IF YOU HAPPEN DO GO ABOUT SOLVING THE PROBLEM THE WRONG WAY... YOU HAVE TO STUDY, THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT, BUT JUST MAKE SURE YOU STUDY AS MANY EXAMPLE AS YOU POSSIBLE CAN AT THE END OF THE CHAPTERS. AND TAKE NOTE OF ANY EXAMPLES THE TEACHER MIGHT EMPHISIS ON MORE THAN OTHERS......GOOD LUCK BRO...

i dont know if that is the same, but my prof. gave several LONG problems with a bunch of answers provided for each. You had to solve the problem, show ALL work, and have the answer you got match one of the provided ones.

She looked at both, and gave partial credit. I mean, this kind of multiple choice DID NOT make the test any easier.

Opposite, the incorrect answers that she gave were what you could have gotten if you made a "common" mistake. It sucks, imagine, you solve the problem, get the answer that matches one of the given ones, and it ends up to be a wrong one.

WE'LL MOST OF THE HARDER PROBLEMS I ENCOUNTERED SUCH AS THE ONES I EXPLAINED WERE MOSTING IN INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I AND II... THESE ARE THE CLASSES THAT JUST ACCOUNTING MAJORS HAVE TO TAKE. IF YOUR JUST IN FINANCE, YOU STICK MOSTLY TO JUST THE BASICS LIKE FINANCIAL AND MANAGERIAL( EASY CLASSES). MANAGERIAL AND FINANCIAL MOSTLY ALL BUSINESS MAJOR HAVE TO TAKE AND PASS, SO USUALLY THE COURSE ITSELF ISN'T THAT BAD....

Originally posted by snails291

WE'LL MOST OF THE HARDER PROBLEMS I ENCOUNTERED SUCH AS THE ONES I EXPLAINED WERE MOSTING IN INTERMEDIATE ACCOUNTING I AND II... THESE ARE THE CLASSES THAT JUST ACCOUNTING MAJORS HAVE TO TAKE. IF YOUR JUST IN FINANCE, YOU STICK MOSTLY TO JUST THE BASICS LIKE FINANCIAL AND MANAGERIAL( EASY CLASSES). MANAGERIAL AND FINANCIAL MOSTLY ALL BUSINESS MAJOR HAVE TO TAKE AND PASS, SO USUALLY THE COURSE ITSELF ISN'T THAT BAD....

yea dude i know.. i'm double majoring.. finance & C.P.A.

i guess he's most likely talking about financial..

yea dude i know.. i'm double majoring.. finance & C.P.A.

THATS COOL, YOUR DEFINITELY ON TRACK..

WITH THOSE TWO MAJORS YOUR PRETTY MUCH SET..

JUST STICK WITH IT AND IT WILL PAY OFF ONCE YOUR DONE SCHOOL, YOUR GONNA BE AHEAD OF PRETTY MUCH YOUR WHOLE GRADUATING CLASS LOOKING INTO THE JOB MARKET..

GOOD LUCK BRO..

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

i'm doing something similar: finance major and accounting minor, then get mba in accounting and take cpa....although i may not

i'm not sure just yet

yea thats what a lot of people i know are doing too..

i was a finance and economic theory major.. but scheduling problems restricted me from it.. i had planned on doing that then studying for my CPA after and taking the test after i graduated so i would have finance, econ and accounting...

now imma try and go back after i graduate for econ, and after a few years work go back for either finance or econ for my mba..

what are you looking to do?

accounting doesn't have to be a career. major in it. get a job doing it for a couple of years. then branch out, move out or move up in mgmt. lays a great foundation for understanding expenses/budgeting/financial flow mgmt, and gives you a good business sense regardless of discipline/industry.