Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Exit + Vinyl: How Gay?

judson

Hello there. Thanks to all for the NYC clubbing recommendations for this weekend.

I've got one more: how mixed are Exit and Vinyl.

I enjoy mixed clubs a la Twilo and Buzz, but the Webster Hall crowd sort of makes me vomit (on their kahkis).

Your input is greatly appreciated.

I love Vinyl. Despite the fact that the last time I was there I came out of a hole hugging on the ugliest guy in the club! :eek: I blame my friends, personally.

I didn't notice a lot of gays there - actually I'm not sure I would have noticed. It's a cool vibe - I wouldn't worry about it.

I can't remark on Exit - never been!

Originally posted by malanee

I love Vinyl. Despite the fact that the last time I was there I came out of a hole hugging on the ugliest guy in the club! :eek: I blame my friends, personally.

I didn't notice a lot of gays there - actually I'm not sure I would have noticed. It's a cool vibe - I wouldn't worry about it.

I can't remark on Exit - never been!

From what I hear there are more gay folks at the Be Yourself parties, but it's not a "gay party". I thought Vinyl was cool because it's a thoroughly unspectacular, dirty little club with nothing to attract people other than the music and vibe (which was great)

Originally posted by vicman

From time to time there is this guy that dances around only in his underware.......really...I'm not kidding.....I've seen him like 3 different times I've been there.............he's my role model. :D

Don't get any ideas Vicman! You just keep your pants on this weekend, okay?

Quite simply: Exit = Gay

Vinyl = Not at all gay

Herein assuming you mean gay as in lame, not as in sexual orientation of better half of crowd.

Also as I said, if you want to avoid the Webster Hall cheese crowd, Limelight tends to bring in people who are more about the music and the scene is very laid back - you can go in UFO's or Armani and no one will really give two shitz so long as you're out for the right reasons :)

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy

Quite simply: Exit = Gay

Vinyl = Not at all gay

Herein assuming you mean gay as in lame, not as in sexual orientation of better half of crowd.

I thought he meant gay as in homsexual because of Tenaglia and Vasquez. Assuming he meant that then Sunday mornings at Exit are very gay. Behold Earth:

P1010201.jpg

It looks like Velvet.

I was actually at Velvet a few weeks ago cuz my cousin wanted to go there to celebrate his birthday cuz he's gay.gif and said he was tired of being surrounded by us "breeders" at Buzz. He got a few of us to go with him. Luckily it was a night with a decent guest DJ (don't remember who) who was dropping some nice deep and prog house and playing a lot harder than I was expecting. It wasn't that unlike Buzz, except for being very, very gay. But I didn't get hit on. I think I may have stood out as straight for some reason and I think most people thought I was a dealer or something and I guess I was quite obviously in my igloo that night rollsmile.gif

I also noticed a LOT of really gorgeous women there with their boyfriends who must have wanted to take their girls out to a club without having to worry about other guys hitting on them.

Just a meaningless anecdote.

OMG OMG OMG I wish I could just jump into that delicious sea of men and.... damnit why are all the hot ones ALWAYS gay!?!?!??! (exception of course being PGiddy who's both nerdy looking AND gay) But COME ON NOW!!!

i had the exact same thought when i saw that picture! :laugh:

everyone should go to velvet at least once, hella good time, but none of my "boi"s look like that! who else here's a fairy princess?

Originally posted by scratchapella

everyone should go to velvet at least once, hella good time, but none of my "boi"s look like that! who else here's a fairy princess?

Bah! Lousy gay guys and their muscles. How'd you like it if we start talking about all the really hot lesbian chicks? Who else here is a little dutch boy (likes to stick their fingers in dikes)?

OMG OMG OMG I wish I could just jump into that delicious sea of men and.... damnit why are all the hot ones ALWAYS gay!?!?!??! (exception of course being PGiddy who's both nerdy looking AND gay) But COME ON NOW!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Girl - you are cracking me up today! Why is that exactly what I thought when I looked at the picture! DAMN!

Originally posted by scratchapella

Yeah, Ive been dragged along to Velvet a couple of times and had a decent time and didnt get hit on. When Junior Vasquez was here over Independence Day and one other night. But I realy didnt feel weird at all, basically since I've had to go to some of these places and worse for some of my real jobs that I've had.