Clubplanet Nightlife Community

favorite music genres?

MadamMillie

ok, i've been MIA for a bit, so y'all might've already discussed this, and i don't particularly feel like putting for the effort to make a poll, but i'd be interested to hear what everyone's favorite types of music are.

moi: i love love love to listen to funky, groovy house all day long, like erick morillo, harry choo choo romero, etc. i also love DT's brand of sexier, darker house, but house nonetheless. point is, i could listen to house all day/night long.

the proggier stuff, like SATOSHI, howells, digweed, etc: i also really dig it, but i can't listen to it 24/7 like i could house. also, i really really prefer listening to an extended set of prog than a teaser 2-hr set. that just isn't enough time for me to really get into the prog. prog is just a more INTENSE sound, in my opinion, while house is just FUN.

and the techno that scratch likes, ie carl cox, misstress barbara, etc. - great to listen to every so often or under the influence, but not what i listen to on a regular basis.

thoughts??? :) time to get out of work now.

i'm w/millie on allahdat. :D

house was my first love. soulful, deep chicago house. mmmm. frankie knuckles, tony humphries, larry heard, francois k, derrick carter . . . the list goes on. . .

then came techno, that fuckin slut. now i'm obsessed! loooove that detoit techno, the stuff w/soul, derrick may, jeff mills, larkin, craig, sum funk:christian smith, some hard cane your mf ass shit: adam beyer, marco carola. and yall know who god really is. . . RICHIE HAWTIN.

but lately i'm really starting to dig nu skool breaks. . .

Originally posted by malanee

I guess I'm sort of a music slut. I like it all: prog, house, techno, breaks, jungle and yes even trance!

My favorite is probably prog, but I've got some nu skook breaks playing right now!

I LOVE Nu Skool Breaks. Also, when I'm bored, I'll take my buddy's D&B records and spin them at 33 RPM. Some D&B tunes at 33 RPM are basically just Nu Skool breaks.

Almost everything. House (every type: soulfull, tribal, progressive etc.), techno, & trance. I m not all into d&b or garage.

My first love was trance, thats what got me into going to clubs and stuff, and I still love it, although I'm more into house now.

For some reason I've never been able to get into the happier sounds of pure house - I'm all about the dark, hard, ppounding prog. Also love techno, and yes, sometime EVEN trance. Can't forget to mention psy trance...its a bit like hard trance but much more complex(and faster).

Breaks, every once in a while, mixed into a prog set.

Originally posted by MadamMillie

hahaha. never thought of it that way, but i can see your point. :)

I recorded a whole CD one night with my buddy's D&B records at 33. Grabbed a pile of 'em, set the TT's at 33, and just wailed away. It actually sounded money. Even the tracks with vocals sound awesome at 33. Cause the vocals get real deep and spooky sounding, which normally would sound horrible, but when you combine the Nu Skool space age elements in a D&B track, it sounds like the vocals were meant to be that way for effect. :D

Breaks are the shit. Maybe it's the old hip-hop head in me. I'm really loving techno these days, in part because it's a rare treat to actually here some when I'm out. I've been buying some techno and pitching it down and mixing it with prog house. It sounds really good. Prog house and deep house are what I like the most, otherwise. I'm with Raver Mania, the more uplifiting, happier stuff usually doesn't do anything for me. I like it deeper and tribal and sometimes funky. I don't even mind some divaesque vocals over a deeper kind of track. The vocal stuff that Deep Dish played two weeks ago was beautiful.

Originally posted by Kuro

I don't even mind some divaesque vocals over a deeper kind of track.

Have you heard the Hydrogen Rockers remix of Leah - Faith? New track out. DEEEEEEEEP tune with cool vocals. Lovin' it right now.

I'm all about the vocals these days. Can't get enough tracks with vocals.

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

what the fuck is wrong with trance, I happen to love trance and house and D & B and all that shit, but trance is one of my favorite, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Everyone acts like theres something wrong with liking trance.

You've just happen to come across a bunch of people who don't like it. I really don't like epic trance. On the subject of trance, the stuff on S&D's Northern Exposure albums is considered trance, too, right? It sounds a lot different than the stuff I hear being played out today by trance DJs.

Originally posted by ecstatichigh35

what the fuck is wrong with trance, I happen to love trance and house and D & B and all that shit, but trance is one of my favorite, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Everyone acts like theres something wrong with liking trance.

its that freak shady, he started it all :D

Naw, but I'm for trance, I admit it, no problem admiting it. Shady likes John Denver, but he's a closet John Denver fan....