Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hunka Bunka

with the earlier close bunka has lost a lot of the attitude. i think a lot more people hit it up for pre-city warm up now much more then before. def a fun place to start the night, one of the best looking crowds in jersey, but 2am close sucks if you're making your whole night there....

I love Hunka Bunka it does suck about the 2 am closing but what can you do.....GET THERE EARLIER FOR POWER HOUR!!!!! It is a good place to start your night if you're heading into the City late night or even make it your whole night. The DJ's are great and I feel like that club has such a good vibe. :)

is it just me or do you think the vibe is better now with the earlier close then it used to be? don't get me wrong, i love that club too and have been going for a loooong time, but i seem to have more fun now eventhough i'm not ready for the night to end when it does! :D

I know exactly what you mean. I always had fun when it closed at 3 but for some reason especially on Saturday nights ever since the 2 am closing it's like everyone is having such a great time and no one's ready to go home when the lights come on. I don't know what is it but I totally see what you mean. :)

I think Kirk Lopez really gets the crowd going too.....

i think kirk lopez does a great job with the crowd too. a lot of people seem to post that they don't like him - i guess i don't know what they are looking for, i think he covers a good range and keeps things rollin. one thing i have noticed about the crowd the past couple weeks is that the door is letting some weird people in - last sat there was some 40 year old serial killer-look alike in a plaid shirt who kept following one of my friends around asking her stuff like "do you come here often". it was hillarious. maybe you saw that guy...lol

what does your friend do there? do you know if there are lists? i'll bet they are telling everyone to get there early so they have a big night....lol. i have been to a couple of opening nights at different clubs. they are always interesting to say the least. i'm going with a bunch of people. i doubt i can organize them enough to get there that early!!!:)

My friend is going to be doing the lights there. I haven't heard anything about a list but it's only $12 to get in which is good considering JV will be there. I heard something about champagne for ladies but that could just be a rumor. I really don't see myself getting to this place before 10.....8:30 is soooooo early.....lol. I'm only going to hang out there for a little bit anyway and then head over the Bunkas.....I can't miss a Saturday night there..... :D

Originally posted by teresadf

I know exactly what you mean. I always had fun when it closed at 3 but for some reason especially on Saturday nights ever since the 2 am closing it's like everyone is having such a great time and no one's ready to go home when the lights come on. I don't know what is it but I totally see what you mean. :)

I think Kirk Lopez really gets the crowd going too.....

I aggree, the 2 am closing does suck but what are you gonna do..... I do think the vibe is more intense, since they lost the hour. Everyone wants to cram as much fun into those 3 or 4 hours as possible.... Still one of my favorite spots to hit on a Saturday before the City.....

Kirk is always on fire when it comes to those 1's and 2's!!!!!

Originally posted by SPYGIRL2

I aggree, the 2 am closing does suck but what are you gonna do..... I do think the vibe is more intense, since they lost the hour. Everyone wants to cram as much fun into those 3 or 4 hours as possible.... Still one of my favorite spots to hit on a Saturday before the City.....

Kirk is always on fire when it comes to those 1's and 2's!!!!!

I agree with you..... :D

Are you going to Platinum on Saturday night?

Originally posted by teresadf

I agree with you..... :D

Are you going to Platinum on Saturday night?

Yeah, I wanna check it out and see what they have in store for the New Brunswick scene. It would be nice to have a decent party there on Friday or Saturday night..... I guess we'll see:)

Yeah, I wanna check it out and see what they have in store for the New Brunswick scene. It would be nice to have a decent party there on Friday or Saturday night..... I guess we'll see:)

Should be an interesting evening. :)

Originally posted by pipdaddy

ALL THE HYPE LEADING UP TO THIS GRAND OPENING HAS LED ME TO LOOK FORWARD TO SAT. NIGHT LIKE IT'S NEW YEAR'S EVE.....CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR JV.....WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP...ITS A BRAND NEW DAY!!!!!!WAKE UP

Where you been at lately????:)

Where you been at lately????:)

i've been around.

some HR geeeeks downtown felt i was spending a little too much time on CP and not enough time working....sheeesh.

imagine explaining to your managers why you average 3 out of 8 hours a day logged onto this website. i was like "3 hours? really? damn....i'm sorry..hehe can i keep my job?"

Originally posted by doubleplay1970

you say there is a good vibe at hunka bunk but do people still roll there or is it just a bunch of guys on steroids with attitudes and women who are stuck up

I never really noticed the attitudes but of course you're going to find stuck up women everywhere. And as for the rolling thing I don't know because I don't. I'm there to have some drinks and enjoy the music. :)

Originally posted by pipdaddy

i've been around.

some HR geeeeks downtown felt i was spending a little too much time on CP and not enough time working....sheeesh.

imagine explaining to your managers why you average 3 out of 8 hours a day logged onto this website. i was like "3 hours? really? damn....i'm sorry..hehe can i keep my job?"

Go figure...LOL!!!!!...the nerve that you might actually work....What are they thinking:confused: YOu going to Abyss tonight???