Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Fuck!!!! I Fell Asleep And Didnt Make It Open Deck Night!! How'd It Go Btw???

quoth

grrrrrrrr......................well being that i do have some fucked up cold, i called outta work last night, but sorta was still thinkin bout comin to PSEUDODEN but like the fuckstick that i am, i feel asleep due to the amount of codeine in Tussionex that im takin to suppress this cough. GRRRRRRRRR fuck...guess another thrusday then...but not too too soon cause work wil be all up in my shit if they see i booked off 2 weeks in a row. ANYway, how the fuck did last night go?? reviews anyone?? -quoth

Hey Quoth...

shit, man...you could have finally had the grace to meet me, Papa last night :tongue:

hehehe, but like you said, another time. When i got there, it was a little empty when i got there (BUT WHAT A GREAT SPACE :D ), so i went over to Nen's and got a 40oz.

Caught a lil of hacker's shit on dsplay in the back room, and they had a nice flow with all diff. genres in the main room (fatboy slim's star 69 blew me away :cool:

But it was so KooL to have finally met some of you guys! Hacker, MuGz, LavM, Saigray (i'm coming over to granma's house :laugh:

and of course, the loch ness MONSTER!! It was great to have finally caught up with you all, maybe i'll see you's at FABULON :balloon:

BUt you should DEF. come next time. I think they're taking next thurs off, check out www.pseudo.com for info, the possibilities at that joint are ENDLESS!

aw man, so fuckin sorry i didnt go but damn gmc u fuckin bastid, u were there??? woulda been cool to meet up but hey there is always our birthdays but im sure we will meet up by then. But scotty bro, damn sorry to hear bout yer mixing fuck ups, i mean it doesn happen, but dont sweat it im sure no one there gave a shit.

well its all good man, maybe if we meetup again and/or at pseudo i can give u some pointers, cause i been spinnin only bout a year and a half, but its in the blood dude, cause of my cousin FUNCTION who is a rotating monthly resident dj at Limelight and also will be doing LIVE P.A. at this phat rave at ROSELAND....check it...

Sunday, December 23, 2001

Uptown Underground • Digital Domain • Triboro Crew

Presents:

Let there be...

PEACE ON EARTH

A holiday celebration

Djs for the night

Bad Boy Bill

Christopher Lawrence

Sandra Collins

Scott Henry

Rob Gee

Future Funk

Alan Sax

Kliprock & Rob Devs

The Dever

Creator

Function- LIVE P.A. <------------------ (Quoth's cousin)

Bingus Khan

Drum & Bass & Breakz

Slip & Slide

J-Smooth

Christian Bruna

What

Empress

Poe vs. Doom

Six

Drae 192

Intel

Azw

Time: 8pm-5am

Admission: $30 in advance

Roseland Ballroom, 239 West 52nd Street, b/t 8th & Bdway

Main info lines

Uptown Underground 212.460.1863

Digital Domain 212-592-3676

Triboro Crew 212-613-5821

www.uptownunderground.com

www.brooklynunderground.net

www.triborocrew.com

Originally posted by scottyskribz57

Thaks Qouth, but I know how to spin, it was the first time I ever spun in public, I was nervous, shit happens, at least now I kind of know what it feels like, except it was early and there was no one there, just gimme another chance...........

-Scotty-

Scotty, don't be so hard on yourself...

Yeah, I'm not gonna BS like you're the greatest DJ in the world and all, but shit, I honestly LIKED what you spun and so did other people.

obsessive beatmatching ain't everything you know....:D

and i need to get in your record box...peruvian marching band...where'd you go??...:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by gmccookny

Hey Quoth...

shit, man...you could have finally had the grace to meet me, Papa last night :tongue:

hehehe, but like you said, another time. When i got there, it was a little empty when i got there (BUT WHAT A GREAT SPACE :D ), so i went over to Nen's and got a 40oz.

Caught a lil of hacker's shit on dsplay in the back room, and they had a nice flow with all diff. genres in the main room (fatboy slim's star 69 blew me away :cool:

But it was so KooL to have finally met some of you guys! Hacker, MuGz, LavM, Saigray (i'm coming over to granma's house :laugh:

and of course, the loch ness MONSTER!! It was great to have finally caught up with you all, maybe i'll see you's at FABULON :balloon:

BUt you should DEF. come next time. I think they're taking next thurs off, check out www.pseudo.com for info, the possibilities at that joint are ENDLESS!

WHERE THE BLOODY FUCK WERE YOU?!?!?!

last night was fun, too bad I had to split so early. I'm an old lady, what can I say. Yesterday I wound up chillin with a friend I havent seen in like a year and a half. Which was mad cool. I'm dragging his ass to LIMELIGHT tonight.

Anyway, I cant even tell you the utter JOY I felt seeing thehacker behind the decks. "I beatmatched! I beatmatched!" K-ris, I really liked the tracks you picked, but you already knew that.

So, as I was walking out I saw BrooklynKid on the lineup and I was like WTF, I really wanted to meet that kid, and then my friend tells me, uh, that was the kid who was spinning after hacker that you were sitting 5 feet away from for like an hour. DOH.

So, very nice to meet gmccookny, hey Mr. X, I met him. You see what happens when you leave my side for even a second! :tongue:

was definitely fun. although, I was torn between the 2 rooms. lookin forward to the next one, who knows, maybe DJ Bouncy will make her debut there someday! (as soon as I learn how to turn on the turntables. hehe)

LM

:bounce:

Originally posted by scottyskribz57

But see thats just it though, no one gave a shit, so who cares right, what is supposed to motivate me to play well, by the end of the set, i was letting tracks just play out and then putting on the next song, it was bad bro, :)

the only bad thing you did was neglecting to bring your own headphones.

the idea of the night is to give people such as you an opportunity to play loud..bring some friends...meet other dj's

i wanted to come up and help you out a bit...but then i knew that would be pointless...just keep practicing.....

me and the other tekno head were enjoying the selektions...

so shutup and spin....

-z

Originally posted by sleepiswaste

the only bad thing you did was neglecting to bring your own headphones.

the idea of the night is to give people such as you an opportunity to play loud..bring some friends...meet other dj's

i wanted to come up and help you out a bit...but then i knew that would be pointless...just keep practicing.....

me and the other tekno head were enjoying the selektions...

so shutup and spin....

-z

yo can you recommded a good pair of ear-huggin' headphones that work just as well when they're just on one ear? those fukin fancy sony's with the rotating arm thing are a pain cuz they always fold inward and they're hard to reopen to get 'em back on your head.

also, as i was carrying my heavy ass records all the way back to jersey last night, it occurred to me - THERE SHOULD BE A RECORD BAG *BACKPACK* - know of one? the weight distribution would help...

Originally posted by thehacker

yo can you recommded a good pair of ear-huggin' headphones that work just as well when they're just on one ear? those fukin fancy sony's with the rotating arm thing are a pain cuz they always fold inward and they're hard to reopen to get 'em back on your head.

also, as i was carrying my heavy ass records all the way back to jersey last night, it occurred to me - THERE SHOULD BE A RECORD BAG *BACKPACK* - know of one? the weight distribution would help...

there are a few record bag backpacks...check the net...

headphones wise...i hate those silver things too...go up one model on the sonys and you get the bigger earcup..and a little more sturdy construction...

or you can check out the sennheisers...good ones as well..without the folding annoyance.

-z

Originally posted by thehacker

yea no doubt..i have an UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE record bag that can either be turned into a handheild carry bag, a shoulder bag, or built in back-pack straps depending on how u want to carry em...it cost me like $80 but i belive Technics and many other companies make clones...i just bought it cause its rare and fuckin it has a big phatty UR- UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE logo on the front of it. *for those that dont know about UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE ...i feel bad for you*

Originally posted by gmccookny

Dude, I was way confused last night....I thought gmccookny was u, and then I think I asked if papa smurf was your actual screen name and thought u said yeah, so then I pretended I knew who that was, but I couldn't remeber any posts from a PappaSmurf, only the cooky guy with smurf pictures! But now I know they are one and the same!

Yeah good putting a face to a name, even if it took me a while to figure out which name to put it to ;-)

LONG ISLAND REPREZENT! lol

Sooooo

happy that you all swung by and

played..

Scotty: You had a dope selection..

keep at it..

the skills you

feel need polishing will come to you in time!

I loved that Last track you pointed out btw

(Solaris was it?)

Chris L. (LARAVER)

Sorry your spot got screwd up..

I'll make sure it won't happen again

would have been cool to see ya Quoth..

next time man..

it's gonna keep getting better..

(We have some really big people turning

their heads in Pseudo's direction)

It was great to meet all you headz:

gmccookny Brooklyn kid..great to put the face behind the

text..

(Great Cd BK)

K-ris was rocking the beatz so I was told..

Sorry I missed it Hacker!

next time I swear I'll be doing the stomp for u!

MORGAN and Holden are great guys..

they will listen to any and all

complaints or comments

on what they can do to improve the night..

THE ENTIRE POINT IS TO JUST SHOW UP

HANG OUT, SPIN AND HAVE A GOOD TIME

WITHOUT ANY OF ALL THE OTHER NYC TYPICAL

POLITICAL CRAP

(Lists, ropes, attitude)

It's like a DJ'S Playground!

So take it for that..

It's only the second night but you just wait and see..

There are great things swinging

in their direction..

Be apart of it while it's still

on the "D.L"!

THANKS FOR EVERYONE THAT STOPED BY!

((((HUUUUGZZZ)))))))

*check in later today for the pics~

M

U

G

Z

:rolleyes: