Clubplanet Nightlife Community

would it be a waste of money to get........

echostar

If you're just starting out, sure, why not. My first decks were a pair of Geminis that would never maintain the same speed, so it forced me to really fine tune my mixing. Looking back now, I think learning on those really helped my technique advance, and when I finally got my 1200s I could focus on more creative shit cause my skills were already developed on the technical side.

Originally posted by heretic909

If you're just starting out, sure, why not. My first decks were a pair of Geminis that would never maintain the same speed, so it forced me to really fine tune my mixing. Looking back now, I think learning on those really helped my technique advance, and when I finally got my 1200s I could focus on more creative shit cause my skills were already developed on the technical side.

. . I'll second that . . heretic knows the pain of those old belt driven Geminis, who's main sales pitch was: Twist the spindle, DOUBLE THE TEMPO!!! . .

. . Seriously though, that setup looks solid, and they're direct drive, so they should last quite a bit longer than a normal belt driven ones . . . . the mixer is probably average, but I'm still using an old Gemini 626, it's not the greatest. . . but it gets the job done. .

. . .but hooo boy how i dream of that Rane . . . aaaahhh . . . .