Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Redwood Trust in B-more...

djhal

waste of a good system/lights...

went there past Saturday...nice layout/decor, few loungey rooms, touristy attractions like cigar room and overpriced cash-only sushi bar...crowd was 'ooh, new club'...music, not so good...lotsa filler tunes that had no energy at all...figured it would start kicking in when the 'afterhours' time came around (after 2am)...around 1:30, heard a decent tribal track or two, then the lights came on...apparently, they have issues with the liquor board and can't stay open past 2am;...worst of it all, at 1:40, when the lights came on, staff started walking around and GRABBING peoples drinks out of their hands, telling them they had to leave...I've never encountered such disrespect and rudeness towards the customer in any club...mind you, coming from a club that should be working on building clientele and looking for repeat business...not even giving the people a chance to quickly finish/shoot their drinks/beers...there were unhappy customers everywhere...to top it off, some dipshit was passing out letters as we leaving...I asked him what it was, which he didn't know, to which I said it was pretty silly not knowing what you were handing out, to which he replied 'read it yourself, I'm not your teacher'....alrighty then...my friend picked up a copy off the ground...it turns out it's a petition to let the city keep the club open afterhours...you're handing out a petition to help keep the club open, as well as your job, and you treat people like that...WTF?

And knowing the club was gonna close at 2am (hence, pre-printed petitions), we were not told so as we paid our cover;

and knowing the club was gonna close at 2am, they still played shitty music to the end? and knowing the club was gonna close at 2am, they still sold me a round of drinks at 1:38, which got yanked at 1:40?!?!?!

...no thanks...