Clubplanet Nightlife Community

elements

aeroplano

so i decided to miss fabric this past saturday to go to elements which i had never been to before. red jerry spun a decent set. circulation absolutely rocked the house... then came in james holden and i was thinking his set might actually surpass circulation's. WRONG! what began as a really nice set managed to turn into the most disappointing set of the year 2001. like halfway down his set he spins his remix of "better make room", which i'm not going to complain about because i think it's pretty amazing, but give me a break, talk about outdated. then he spun something else that was pretty out dated and i thought... i'll let this pass too. his bpm's became faster and faster (not in the techy circulation manner, but in an oakenfoldish trancey manner)... yes, three of his last four or five songs were some of those oakenfold classics... don't remember them by name, but some of those that were cheesy even in 1999. what can i say... his track selection rather sucked... anyhow, i'm back home finally in puerto rico after an amazing semester in italy... looking forward to be seeing all of you this january.

ciao,

marcos

as far as venue goes... fabric definitely... the cross would be second (it's super cozy, specially now all decorated with a christmas theme). i'm not to crazy about either turnmills or heaven.

as far as music goes probably fabric. bedrock and elements i guess it depends on who spins... but like i said, that back to back set by steve gerrard, zabiela, paulo mojo and jay cunnings was out of hand... clive henry from peace division was announced to spin for elements and once we were there, we found out he wasn't going to spin (not too happy about that). but oh well i went for circulation more than anything else and they fucking tore the place apart.

crowd wise... bedrock @ heaven but BY FAR... wasn't too crazy about either crowds at fabric or elements.