Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WMC 2002 info.........

OK NY'ers who is comming to the biggest music event of the year?

This is the one time we know we are the center of the universe. We would love to meet some of the NY CP brothers & sisters :)

even you Diego.... I promise to play nice due to Stacey's opinion.

And Dave, you and your girl better be here!!

I prommise you will all have the time of your life.

plus you get to see some funny shit. Like last year I got to watch Moby get stuck at the rope at Crobar for over 5 minutes before someone recognised him. Not that anyone was looking at him with the black amazon goddess he was with, who was atleast 6 inches taller than him w/o her high heels.

Not sure if I got the money for it this year. I've been down there for the past 3 years. Always had a great time, BUT here is a warning, DON'T pay to be in the conference unless you are an artist looking to promo your own music! I went in last year thinking it would be good for DJs. IT SUCKED. They don't really do a damn thing for DJs. Every lecture was the same borring people saying the same shit about how to promo your track. Really, it was not worth all the $$$ I paid for the ticket in. Yeah I got some free vinal and CDs, but 90% of them suck. John Digweed does not walk around handing out his new track, but "BOB, I just got a computer" does.

The clubs and the outdoor parties are why you go. AND THEY ARE SLAMMIN!

Good luck everybody and have fun. Maybe i'll see you down there.

-pepper.k:) :D

Originally posted by pangelid

quick question,

can non industry people like myself get into any of these events, or is it like you have to be sponsored or with a sponsor?

basically is this open to the general public?

as for the actuall conference, anyone can buy a ticket, but I hear it really isn't worth it.

It is really just an excuse to have everyone come into town for a week of parties and promos and be able to expense it. And yes, anyone can get into those. There may be some small private parties, or times where you cant get into the VIP room because it is reserved for guest list only, but that is rare.

and BKDJ, good call on the hotel, the Delano is very nice.