Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bush Decides To Break The Bolistic Missile Treaty With Russia!!!!!

Originally posted by perfecto25

regardless of how dumb or inept you think bush is, the fact remains that there is a very real threat of a rogue state missile delivery. relying on our intelligence to detect or have an early warning is rather foolish and unreliable, just look at the intelligence gap during the India-Pakistan nuke tests, or the lack of intelligence about 9/11 attack. the fact is, Iraq and Iran have purchased nuclear fission grade material from French and Russian companies, and have built nuclear reactors. the Osirak reactor in Iraq was destroyed by a daring Israeli air raid in 1982. they have since built others. this threat while seemingly benign at the moment is actually quiet real. to rely on our intelligence is only a part of an answer. the missile defense will work eventually after enough research and development time.

well said....

and msoprano13.....are you fucking kidding me questioning what I have said on this thread...I suggest you read it again you fucking child

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by msoprano13

yo relax there bro.....i was talking about your earlier posts....

Earlier posts what???

I have said:

(1) Both sides of this debate have compelling positions

(2) Simply, I believe that while the threat may not be there today,

it can certainly be there in the future

(3) nuclear proliferation is a more frightening concern

(4) And calling Bush a moron, or discrediting his administration is idiotic....you can have your opinion based on our VERY LIMITED

knowledge, put let's not go as far to call this administration incompetent

And for the record, for those who think a missle threat is not real....as recent as 1996, when the House of Saud was experiencing internal strife for who was going to ascend to ruler, Prince Abdulluah cut a deal with Syria, with the backing of Iran, to begin terrorist operations in Saudia Arabia to destabilize the regime and his opponents (the Saudiri brothers)

In retur, Prince Abdullah committed to assist Syria in their strategtic weapons program, and had arranged for the transfer of billions of American dollars to Syria for the construction of a chemical warfare plant in north Syria (of course under a different guise)

More importantly, the money was used to build a complex underground tunnel system used to hide ballistic missles and technology acquired from N Korea and China (I believe those were the two countries that all here indicated had the capability to hit the US)...

So here is one example that a missle threat can be closer to reality than you think, and how it can be hidden from US intelligence

BTW..Bush hate mongers....Prince Abdullah also committed to Syria he would use his influence with the Clinton administration to prevent Israel from taking out the chemical plant....and that is exactly what he did...

I

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

Exactly......the missle defense system cannot possibly stop every missle that is launched at us. Once that first missle gets past the system, then its pretty much over. We're going to launch ours, they're going to launch theirs.........its gonna keep going on until everyone is dead.

Technically, any missile shield would be able to prevent a missile from entering our airspace - it is just the funding that is needed to make this system work effectively. Now, I understand that the domino theory may well be applied in this scenario, but then we would have to solely rely on proliferation. It is very plain to see that we can use the shield as an additional deterrent to the launching of ballistic missiles - thus contributing to proliferation. If terrorist groups and certain rogue states know that we have constructed a missile shield, they will not be so reluctant to invest in such a project if they know we have a defense for it. Just a psychological theory based on pure logic, but at least something - rather than sit around and hope they do nothing.

It's going to be hard to convince me that this will work. Especially since the latest test that was "successful" were rigged. A GPS beacon was placed on the "enemy" missle that helped guide the killer missle to it. This was also done on 3 previous occasions, 2 of which failed anyway. Plus in reality, the "enemy" missles will deploy a decoy that is designed to fool the kill missle. And past tests have proven that these decoys are quite reliable. So unless these rogue nation decide to put a GPS beacon on their missles, some people could be in for a real surprise in case of a real attack......

i thought this was supposed to be a website for clubbing, not a political forum....i don't mind you expressing your opinions on politics, it just looks weird.....

advice: turn the news off and go out to party (you won't get to change anything anyway)

;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by nycmuzik2000

It's going to be hard to convince me that this will work. Especially since the latest test that was "successful" were rigged. A GPS beacon was placed on the "enemy" missle that helped guide the killer missle to it. This was also done on 3 previous occasions, 2 of which failed anyway. Plus in reality, the "enemy" missles will deploy a decoy that is designed to fool the kill missle. And past tests have proven that these decoys are quite reliable. So unless these rogue nation decide to put a GPS beacon on their missles, some people could be in for a real surprise in case of a real attack......

No, unfortunately I cannot convince anyone that this system will work - but I would invest money in the technology needed to make the shield work. Only then can the system work. President Bush has been a little eager to push for testing, but supposedly the program has made some improvements. As long as there are intelligent engineers and scientists out there working on the project - it will succeed. We cannot just stop the program based on obstacles that we can be overcome with research and testing.

Originally posted by kandekyd18

No, unfortunately I cannot convince anyone that this system will work - but I would invest money in the technology needed to make the shield work. Only then can the system work. President Bush has been a little eager to push for testing, but supposedly the program has made some improvements. As long as there are intelligent engineers and scientists out there working on the project - it will succeed. We cannot just stop the program based on obstacles that we can be overcome with research and testing.

Well whatever improvments have been made werent too spectacular since these tests were rigged. It just goes to show the lack of confidence in the missle defense system by the administration if these tests need to be rigged. But I'm gonna be a realist here. I know this system is gonna be deployed whether it works or not. Big contributors to the Bush campaign need to be rewarded with these billion dollar contracts, and thats the way the system works.......