Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turnmills Review

i just got home, and i'm a little pissed off. i tried to get a picture of me with sister bliss, but i ran out of film. however, the turnmills has these photobooths where the pics are sent out via email. fine i could try that right? well after her set ended, i made my way over to the dj booth to ask her, and the door opens and smacks me in the face. the door, combined with the crowd, successfully blocked me in. by the time i got through the crowd she had gone into a private room. :(

cry.gif

anywho....her set was good anyways. she dropped her remixes of revolution, tarantula (comes out next week) and one step too far (faithless song, release date not known); she also dropped sister sister and my orbit (parks+wilson). ill try id some more later. unlike the last time i saw her, the supporting dj's were good. lots of house, mostly progressive and hard. some tribal and some trance were thrown in for good measure.

ok i gotta sleep now. so achy......

turnmills ties with fabric for the best club in london, well in my humble opinion anyway

the club looks cool but is poorly laid out. but the music is so good it doesnt matter. turnmills usually has a "big name" dj every weekend. for example, next friday is judge jules, tall paul, darren christian and fergie. tall paul and sister bliss headline about once or twice a month.

fabric is better laid out, and is the largest club in london. fabric has big name dj's and performers every night it is open. for example, this past friday was grooverider, the upcoming tuesday is massive attack, daft punk, and gorillaz. and next saturday is sasha and digs.

both clubs have great sound systems as well.

the reanissance isnt a club, but a once a month party at the cross. i havent had a chance to go to it though.

:(

the end is ok. once a month they have a big party on friday. in october it was sander klienenberg, in november it was xpress 2 and seb fontaine. didnt get to go there either:(

oh great i think i'm getting upset again. i dont wanna leave!!!!!

Originally posted by bigpoppanils

turnmills ties with fabric for the best club in london, well in my humble opinion anyway. the club looks cool but is poorly laid out. but the music is so good it doesnt matter. turnmills usually has a "big name" dj every weekend. for example, next friday is judge jules, tall paul, darren christian and fergie. tall paul and sister bliss headline about once or twice a month. fabric is better laid out, and is the largest club in london. fabric has big name dj's and performers every night it is open. for example, this past friday was grooverider, the upcoming tuesday is massive attack, daft punk, and gorillaz. and next saturday is sasha and digs. both clubs have great sound systems as well. the reanissance isnt a club, but a once a month party at the cross. i havent had a chance to go to it though. :( the end is ok. once a month they have a big party on friday. in october it was sander klienenberg, in november it was xpress 2 and seb fontaine. didnt get to go there either:(

oh great i think i'm getting upset again. i dont wanna leave!!!!!

hey big poppa, soundz like you got the skinny on london. got some questions for ya. i'm headin over to london with some friends to visit a buddy over the new year's weekend. we're doin the millenium dome with MOS on NYE for sightseeing, but i'm tryin to find other events for friday, saturday, & sunday night. do you have any info on the hot parties during that weekend, or can you point me to some worthwhile sources of info for listings???

any info you can provide will enhance my first UK visit. thanx in advance~;)