Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DAFT PUNK LIVE! (review) *The Best "LIVE" cd of the year.

For all of you that think that Daft Punk "sold out" and

are all about making cheesy tracks like "one more time"

you should do yourselves a favor and check out DAFT PUNK ALIVE 1997!

attachment.php?s=&postid=572299

*new release of an old 97 in Birmingham 8th nov.

It is a small sample of what these brilliant French producers/DJs

are REALLY all about. And if any of you old school motha's ever had the luck to catch them LIVE back in 97 you know what I'm talking about.

The fact that they are such jokers and care not about what Culture thinks of them, but instead choose to PLAY with Pop culture is a testament of their ingenuity. They will release tongue in cheek BAD MARSHMELLOW pop anthems like "one more time" and appear on GAP commercials in their ROBOT suits with Juliet Lewis dancing. They claim to have become" INDUSTRY ROBOTS" after an accident at the studio. (They where put back together by Studio people,piece by piece alla" Vader, with bad 80's type interstar galactica robot parts) The fact is that these two Frenchies are always playing with our society and the music industry. That is why clubbers, and music critics sometimes JUST DON'T GET IT! They are way too cool for those that don't have a sense of humor about music and need shit to be DAAAARK AND SERRIOOOUSE.."oooohhhh that track is sooo dark and deep."

Daft Punk says FUCK ALL THAT! They can releases 80's air guitar acid synth house that redefines cheese (Listen to "Discovery" ONLY if you have a good sense of humor)

or you can look back at Homework and realize what BAD ASSES THEY ARE

WHEN THEY GET NASTY..

THE NEW LIVE ALBUM IS A PERFECT REMINDER OF THE TRUE FACES BEHIND THE ROBOTS..

attachment.php?s=&postid=572288

Seen them twice "LIVE" and they blew me away. The New "Alive 1997" CD is a time capsule and perhaps one of the best Electronic LIVE albums ever made.After listen to it twice in a row I was ready to throw on my old school Jenco's and Visor..ahhh the memories..and yet they are like cosmic pioneers of the future..who's ideas and sounds don't quite catch up with our culture until years later..

Future-retro french-acid tech house? What the fuck would you call them?

Perhaps "Ingenious" is the best genre to label them.

If you get it...you get it..

If you don't..

Perhaps you should wait another five years..

(It's funny that A LIVE album from 97 would be my favorite LIVE

'CD five years later.)

DO YOUR "HOMEWORK" GO BUY DAFT'S LIVE 97 CD NOW!

It's HARD and Dirty and it'll make you check your

mellodic dark trance loving asses..

DAFT IS AS DAFT DOES!

attachment.php?s=&postid=572318

DAAAAYUMMMM MUGZZZ... You DO get the Down Low on all the worthwile infomationy...

And the fact that you even got a PICTURE of them as "real humans" is beyond my understanding. They are 2 hard MoFo's to get in front of the camera:eek:

Well, anyway, you've got me sold. I regret missing them when they apeared in TWILO a few years back (i was a wee 19), but i can't wait to get a taste of this new album!

DAFT PUNK RAWKS DA HOUUUUUUSE

:cool:

Being French and huge fan of Daft Punk, I totally agree that "Live in Birmingham 97" is an amazing CD, "Homework" is the best Tech/house album ever, and also understand that some fans were very disapointed after the "Discovery" album.

But I saw them live in Paris 2 years ago and I can assure you that they are and will stay hardcore.

Can't wait for the next concert or album... (any news about that?)

DAFT PUNK EST EN PLACE !!!

Tip for Daft Punk fans: look for MP3s of "Thomas Bangalter", one of the 2 guys. "Daft Punk style" music, but unknown and rare.

A few tracks: Turbo, Club Soda, Spinal Scratch, Colossus...

Let me know how you like them, there's much more...

Another track from Daft Punk not on any album: "Musique" (French spelling...)

I am also sad that I have almost never hear Daft Punk in NY clubs. Their music should be perfect for clubs like Vinyl or Centro-fly where I use to go... Can someone explain to me???

Originally posted by tonito

Being French and huge fan of Daft Punk, I totally agree that "Live in Birmingham 97" is an amazing CD, "Homework" is the best Tech/house album ever, and also understand that some fans were very disapointed after the "Discovery" album.

But I saw them live in Paris 2 years ago and I can assure you that they are and will stay hardcore.

Can't wait for the next concert or album... (any news about that?)

DAFT PUNK EST EN PLACE !!!

Tip for Daft Punk fans: look for MP3s of "Thomas Bangalter", one of the 2 guys. "Daft Punk style" music, but unknown and rare.

A few tracks: Turbo, Club Soda, Spinal Scratch, Colossus...

Let me know how you like them, there's much more...

Another track from Daft Punk not on any album: "Musique" (French spelling...)

I am also sad that I have almost never hear Daft Punk in NY clubs. Their music should be perfect for clubs like Vinyl or Centro-fly where I use to go... Can someone explain to me???

Very cool!

I'll look for those tracks on audio-galaxy...

Rumour has it that the "DAFT BOTS" will be touring very soon..

check out:

http://daftpunknet.free.fr/

Originally posted by roadrunner

If you like Daft Punk, you MUST get this comp called Crydamoure presents... 'Waves'

It rocks.

Indeed:

Mixed by Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo (half of Daft Punk) and includes unreleased tracks by Le Knight Club, Buffalo Bunch, Paul Johnson and DJ Sneak. This is Guy's label and this is the sound that put France on the House map.

attachment.php?s=&postid=572673

Originally posted by thehacker

... like i got so insane at that show [ @ roseland ] that i was using my friend's shoulders to launch myself something like four feet into the air and back down again, repeatedly ...

CMJ bro...

great night..

APHEX TWINS in bear suits

lol*

FLUKE..

Daft...

DEATH IN VEGAS..

what a night..

And I agree

no LIVE CD can ever compare

to the actual experience..

But compared to several LIVE

Cds I own it still stands strong.

Ur so right, they would be perfect for Centro, I dunno bout Vinyl thou.

I luv their remix of "Like a Prayer"

ya hard that one?

I listened to it about 5 X tonight, driving out to my friends house in woodside, and back again

I like how there are no traxx, just straight out Daft for about 48 min...

The sounds they mix are beyond comparison--i gotta check out that Crydamoure shnitt~

ANY INFO ON AMERIKAN TOURS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :grin:

Thanks, it's a great live album:D

Originally posted by mugwump

Indeed:

Mixed by Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo (half of Daft Punk) and includes unreleased tracks by Le Knight Club, Buffalo Bunch, Paul Johnson and DJ Sneak. This is Guy's label and this is the sound that put France on the House map.

Yeah, I meant to mention that, but I was in a rush. You heard it? That track with Zeus going 'Here is your punishment!' cracks me up every time...

Originally posted by mugwump

Indeed:

All this French House is amazing shit !!!

Crydamoure, Le Knight Club, Buffalo Bunch, Play Paul, Rawman, Etienne de Crecy, Sebastien Leger, Fafa Monteco (Superfunk), Cassius, Bob Sinclar, Antoine Clamaran, Julien Jabre, Thomas Bangalter (Daft), Alan Braxe, Modjo, DJ Falcon... and there's much more...

All this is some of my favorite House music, and I'm not saying that because I'm French! Do you guys heard about them and know their music? NY clubs and DJs really should try spinning more of that...

Originally posted by boreese

!!!!!MODJO!!!!!

Yes, why not Modjo? They're not the best and I can't listen to "Lady" anymore... But they had other great tracks: Chillin', Roller Coaster, What I mean...

My favorite French DJs are still Antoine Clamaran and Thomas Bangalter.

Originally posted by tonito

Tracks from Daft Punk's Homework were a staple at the "old" Click & Drag at Mother (now Filter 14) in late 96/early 97 spun by DJ St. James, who will be spinning at the SMack party at the Knitting Factory on December 28th.