Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This friday at METRO LOUNGE...........

ml2k1

Well, first of all , ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So anyone from the board ,come over and do a birthday a shot with me. Anyway , back to the real event.

This friday its our holiday theme party

"MISLETOE"

FEATURING MUSIC BY:RICHIE RYDELL

Also its the KTU:RSL BROADCASTING LIVE w/ your host BROADWAY BILL LEE

We will also be giving away a pair of new years eve tickets.

Dont forget, new years eve tickets are on sale and can be purchased at metro from 4pm - closing 7 days a week. See everyone this weekend, happy holidays.

GEORGE B.

Hello George..how are ya?..thanks again for the shots for me and my girls this past Friday..I had a sick time at Metro!!!..I do not care what others say I still love it there..it was packed when I got there and Richie was on point..he always is IMO..and NO I do NOT work for Metro..Unfortunately I doubt we will be there this Friday for your b-day..we have a section of a bar closed off for me and my girls at a local bar..but maybe later..ya never know..thanks again!!!..ClubGirl..:tongue:

Originally posted by laraver

They should be giving out water wings for the price of that ticket!

All kidding aside, I know that everyone will get a great set of music from Richie.

Now Chris I TOLD YOU TO PLAY NICE OR I MIGHT HAVE TO JUMP IN ONCE AGAIN AND START SHREDDING YOU APART LIKE MY LITTLE BITCH. BE NICE. LAST WARNING

oh and by the way if you cant afford the price of a ticket for NYE doesnt necessarily make it expensive. I think George will let you barback for a comp ticket that night.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Clubgirl, really nice meeting you.You seem like a real cool girl. I hope you can make it down this friday, its gonna be a great night. If you do, THE SHOTS ARE ON ME!! And your right, richie has been really, really good. Hope to see you, and again, it was nice meeting you.:)

george B.

Originally posted by kostaP

Now Chris I TOLD YOU TO PLAY NICE OR I MIGHT HAVE TO JUMP IN ONCE AGAIN AND START SHREDDING YOU APART LIKE MY LITTLE BITCH. BE NICE. LAST WARNING

oh and by the way if you cant afford the price of a ticket for NYE doesnt necessarily make it expensive. I think George will let you barback for a comp ticket that night.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kosta - I am playing nice or can't you read? I know and have the utmost respect for Richie Rydell, both as a person and as a DJ. So get off it. As for your other two friends we know where I stand on their skills.

As for shredding me apart, I don't see that happening. What are you going to criticise this time? Go ahead take you best shot.

I already know it won't be anything of substance.

Kosta - I am playing nice or can't you read? I know and have the utmost respect for Richie Rydell, both as a person and as a DJ. So get off it. As for your other two friends we know where I stand on their skills.

As for shredding me apart, I don't see that happening. What are you going to criticise this time? Go ahead take you best shot.

I already know it won't be anything of substance.

My comebacks may lack the substance you crave but I love making you look like an ass (well you make that too easy)

Still Jealous of my oher two friends because you have no residency I see since you bring them up. Keep kissing Richie's ass maybe he'll toss you a Mondo mix.

Now the reason I said play nice was about the waterwing comment. If I were George I would toss your ass in the pool and then see who's singing lets get soaking wet you little bitch. If you want I'll buy you a ticket for New Years @ Metro consider it my good deed of 2002 helping the needy.

A) A residency in NJ is not the be all and end all of a DJ's existence. In the current environment, as I have stated many times before, Jersey just would not get what I play. Does that mean my skills are lacking, not at all.

Given the fact that I have worked the same events with people like: Tim Maas, Leon Alexander, Terry Lee Brown Jr., Taylor, Doc Martin, and DJ Disciple. Maybe you can explain for the benefit of the CP membership why I was invited to play alongside those people. Must be because I don't have any skills and I'm just a wannabe, right.

Again if you can name any Jersey DJ that has a CD that charted ahead of Paul Van Dyk in a national trade publication, name him!

B) I don't kiss Richie's ass nor do I expect my advocacy of his skills as a DJ to get me any kind on favor. I say what I say about Richie is because I think that he is one of the few stand outs in a sea of mediocrity that is the NJ club scene.

The water wing comment was said with a wink and a smile, and you know that. You just want to start drama.

Why don't you come to Hunka on the 27th and check out Max? It could be an example more and more NJ clubs follow.

Trance - "On Nation, Underground, Invisible"

A) A residency in NJ is not the be all and end all of a DJ's existence. In the current environment, as I have stated many times before, Jersey just would not get what I play. Does that mean my skills are lacking, not at all.

Given the fact that I have worked the same events with people like: Tim Maas, Leon Alexander, Terry Lee Brown Jr., Taylor, Doc Martin, and DJ Disciple. Maybe you can explain for the benefit of the CP membership why I was invited to play alongside those people. Must be because I don't have any skills and I'm just a wannabe, right.RIGHT

Again if you can name any Jersey DJ that has a CD that charted ahead of Paul Van Dyk in a national trade publication, name him!

DJ CHRIS LEWIS

B) I don't kiss Richie's ass nor do I expect my advocacy of his skills as a DJ to get me any kind on favor. I say what I say about Richie is because I think that he is one of the few stand outs in a sea of mediocrity that is the NJ club scene.THERE YOU GO AGAIN

The water wing comment was said with a wink and a smile, and you know that. You just want to start drama.bUT THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT DROP IT ALREADY

Why don't you come to Hunka on the 27th and check out Max? It could be an example more and more NJ clubs follow.

I'D LOVE TO BUT I HAVE TO WORK BESIDES I LISTEN TO DJ OUTSIDE OF THE NJ REALM LIKE TIMO MAAS

Kosta - I will actually give you some credit for that reply not degenerating into teen age antics, like name calling.

I have given you the facts unabridged. You can choose to acknowledge them or you can try to ignore them. In the end they are undeniable.

Fact: The only NJ DJ to play poolside a WMC 2000: Chris Lewis

Fact: Timo Maas and Leon Alexander had sets immediately before Chris Lewis' set at WMC 2000. You can check that fact with George Calle. Here is the number for Mondo 201-804-8707.

Fact: " Modern Primtive Tribal Acid" charted in the June 2000 issue of "MIXER" in the number 2 slot in a 10 position chart. It had no promotion behind it, yet was selected by the premier US dance music authority for the chart based solely on it's program and mixing. I believe that is page 12.

Fact: Chris Lewis was one of only 2 DJ's selected to play the APLA party in Los Angeles in 2000, the other was DJ Disciple. Birds of a feather ( Good DJ's ) flock together. During this trip Chris Lewis also did a live broadcast on GrooveRadio, in Los Angeles

Fact: Chris Lewis was chosen as the DJ to open for Terry Lee Brown Jr, who many consider an extremely important influence on the sub-genre of "tech-house". The club paid full round trip, airfare, ground transportation, hotel and meals to Los Angeles. Would they do that for a DJ that sucked?

Fact: "Modern Primitive Tribal Acid" was submitted for a ClubPlanet Spinoff at Exit nightclub. It was sent anonymously, and no one at ClubPlanet knew word one about Chris Lewis. Desipte the fact that ClubPlanet received in the neighbouhood of 500 plus submissions Chris Lewis was chosen to be in that competition and placed fourth out of ten DJ's despite some very stiff competition.

Fact:Chris Lewis was the original resident DJ for NJclubs/DMN The Dance Music Network an internet radio station. Again the selection was based on an anonymous tape submitted to the guys who put that effort together.

Basically what this demonstrates is that when the playing field is level, ie selection of the DJ is based on skill in mixing and programming, not friendship and the buddy system, or the fact that you heard his name somwhere, sometime on the radio or saw it on a flyer, I have no problem coming out on top.

That is why I support Hunka Bunka, Bon and their effort to book a DJ outside the usual group of DJ's who are now working in NJ.

It is about time to change the staus quoe of the NJ club scene.

If you listen to DJ's outside NJ, why is your booking policy so narrow?

Anyway Kosta, I have made an effort to show you the error of your ways, without any personal attacks. Good luck with it.

CHRIS LEWIS - AKA LARAVER

yes...i can back all of what chris has said...it's me...nick aka niko from DMN...nice to know this relationship has not changed...

kosta and chris...THIS IS ABOUT METRO LOUNGE!!

you know, chris lewis has mad skills so he shouldnt have to list the above, but does so because no one believes...we will be seeing him tonight at pseudoden...should be a solid set...

kosta...i know certain people rub you the wrong way, but why not slam him on the drama board...everyone has cracked a joke about the metro incident, but because his name was on it, you attacked...this is the biggest problem with the nj board...drama, drama, and more drama...(fingers pointed in all directions)

i'll see you fellas around...prob. not on this board, till it gets cleaned up...

im not about slammin people thats why i dont do it on the drama board it just happens to be my reply sometimes. as far as the metro. leave it alone its old. its pointless to bring back up and thats it. it was a misfortunateincident. if you got hit by a car i wouldnt walk around calling you crash or anything like that. leave the misfortunes of others. i feel like you are thriving on this.

Kosta - I am not thriving or gloating. I am making light of it as many others have done on this board.

I would like an answer to my other question. You know more than the what is going on in the NJ club scene. Please understand I am not picking on you.

Why is the booking policy of Drama/Image confined to the same sound it has been promoting for certainly the last couple of years.

Jimmy makes plenty of money at his clubs. He could afford to book and properly promote a DJ from a tier or two above the local talent. Why as a club manager and promoter are you not more open to this? Maybe it is not your decision. But an insight to the decision process would be very educational for the CP membership.

I think that booking say, Sandra Collins for a night, would probably be in a 5000-8000. Probably closer 5000, plus airfare(max $500), hotel(max $160), ground transport(again around $150). Factor in that you will need to give the night adequate radio support.

Her current CD compilation on Kinetic records has been well received both in the US and abroad. She is respected at the international level. She is currently based in Orlando, Florida. Her recent performance at Filter 14 in the city went off. She is a female DJ, so many people will come just for a curiosity factor.

You could contact Kinetic Records in NYC to see what her current schedule and availability is.

That's just one of many DJ's you could try.